Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Velikonja

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:16 am

I hope he now gets a run out in the absence of Nicky Maynard. He took his goal against Newcastle really well, so who knows, we may not notice a striker of Maynards quality being missing as much as we would have last season. How good is this whole "strength in depth" thing? :D :ayatollah:

Re: Velikonja

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:43 am

agree , plus Mason and Smith , great we have cover with big squad :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 am

Well said , I echo your thoughts exactly.

I really rate Nicky he's our no.1 option however we have boys of quality who can come in and cover.

Every cloud has a silver lining and maybe his coming back into the team in a month or twos time would give them a lift as if they'd just signed a top notch striker.

Come on the city, not that worried at the moment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

Have you forgotten Bellamy ?

Given the form of Noone and Smith in the wide positions I think Bellamy could do a great job upfront. Remember his last season with us; if Jones had played him upfront from the start of the season, rather than wait until he was forced to when Chops got injured, I think we would have gone up :roll:

In the Championship Bellers would do some real damage and CBs would dread playing against his pace.

Having said all that I really hope Maynard get's back soon :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

piledriver64 wrote:Have you forgotten Bellamy ?

Given the form of Noone and Smith in the wide positions I think Bellamy could do a great job upfront. Remember his last season with us; if Jones had played him upfront from the start of the season, rather than wait until he was forced to when Chops got injured, I think we would have gone up :roll:

In the Championship Bellers would do some real damage and CBs would dread playing against his pace.

Having said all that I really hope Maynard get's back soon :ayatollah:

Do you know what? I had, and that says it all really regarding squad strength :ayatollah: Onwards and upwards

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm

If he does get a start he wont lack motivation... he will see it as his big chance to impress, I would expect a good performance from him should he get a game!!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 pm

T1JMO wrote:If he does get a start he wont lack motivation... he will see it as his big chance to impress, I would expect a good performance from him should he get a game!!

Palace, beware, CCFC are coming!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: