Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL BEN TURNER GET BACK IN?

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 am

When turner is back to full fitness, do you think malky will keep with hudson & connolly or will turner step back in.

i really like connolly, he can actually play football, i think is distribution is far superior to turners. he looks abit like daniel agger (without the tattoos) maybe hes not as strong in the tackle, but hes looked really good in the last 3 games and seems to be settling in nicely. hudson has been immense this season and i think he has established himself as the no1. centre back.

but who should partner him?

thoughts?

Re: WILL BEN TURNER GET BACK IN?

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 am

i thought connelly was awful against bristol (but then wasnt everyone!)

settling well now, its a good dilemma for Malky, but in purely defensive terms, i think Turner is our best player.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 am

Turners got some work to do if hes to get back in 11. Connolly stays in for me

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:29 am

Thats the question, the thing is will connolly take one of the fullback roles with kev or taylor getting dropped if turner comes back, who knows :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:32 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Thats the question, the thing is will connolly take one of the fullback roles with kev or taylor getting dropped if turner comes back, who knows :ayatollah:

I expect Malky does

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

paulh_85 wrote:i thought connelly was awful against bristol (but then wasnt everyone!)

settling well now, its a good dilemma for Malky, but in purely defensive terms, i think Turner is our best player.

i thought this, but then im not too sure..

connolly was excellent v wolves, and against leeds and reports he was outstanding last night. im trying to compare him to turner, but totally opposite style of defenders. turner is a defensive rock, but what does concern me is his distribution, its awful.

whatever though its good for the team!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Thats the question, the thing is will connolly take one of the fullback roles with kev or taylor getting dropped if turner comes back, who knows :ayatollah:

I expect Malky does

I dont think he does :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

I expect Malky does

i think with the way malky likes the full backs to play, i dont think that would suit connolly to be honest.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:40 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

I expect Malky does

i think with the way malky likes the full backs to play, i dont think that would suit connolly to be honest.

f**k knows huw all i know MM said connelly can play anywhere across the back and he said himself he could on iplayer after signing but dont like playing leftback, it wouldnt supprise me if this season at some point we see him at right back and kev switch to left back. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

I expect Malky does

f**k knows huw all i know MM said connelly can play anywhere across the back and he said himself he could on iplayer after signing but dont like playing leftback, it wouldnt supprise me if this season at some point we see him at right back and kev switch to left back. :ayatollah:

lots of maybes! its a good selection headache to have though. if im being picky i think that taylor is the weakest in the back four although he hasnt done too bad in the last two games, also kev seems to have started this season better than he finished the last one.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:24 am

I think for the sake of morale,etc Connolly keeps the shirt and Turner will have to wait his chance , that will make sure players play at 100%. That is what was missing last season , competition for places and quality cover!
Hope Maynard's injury isn't too bad but it does give someone else an opportunity so I hope they raise their game and take it ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 am

billy ronson wrote:I think for the sake of morale,etc Connolly keeps the shirt and Turner will have to wait his chance , that will make sure players play at 100%. That is what was missing last season , competition for places and quality cover!
Hope Maynard's injury isn't too bad but it does give someone else an opportunity so I hope they raise their game and take it ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good shout!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:36 am

billy ronson wrote:I think for the sake of morale,etc Connolly keeps the shirt and Turner will have to wait his chance , that will make sure players play at 100%. That is what was missing last season , competition for places and quality cover!

Agreed andy :ayatollah: