Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mason or Velikonja?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 pm

If Maynard is out for a bit now, hopefully not too long. Who would you want to replace him up top out of these two?

I could see Mason or Velikonja both making an impact if given a chance. Which one should get the nod?

I'd have to go with Mason imo. He's gotten us out of a few difficult situations and was brilliant last season, he didn't start this season off bad too. Whenever he has been brought on he has caused problems for the opposition, his movement is top class and his finishing is second to none :ayatollah:

Re: Mason or Velikonja?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Velikonja.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Mason. If he had a full season playing regularly last season he would have broke 15 goals easily. Shame he wont be used much this year as he's a cracking player with great potential

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Mason, without doubt.

The lad has provided us with some quality finishes since joining from Argyle, and has helped us out of one or two sticky situations.

Have Mason start, bring Velikonja on. It sounds like Maynard may be out a while, so Etien should have plenty of time to prove himself.

All in all, respect the quality and consistency Joe offers.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:54 am

Jollffe wrote:Mason, without doubt.

The lad has provided us with some quality finishes since joining from Argyle, and has helped us out of one or two sticky situations.

Have Mason start, bring Velikonja on. It sounds like Maynard may be out a while, so Etien should have plenty of time to prove himself.

All in all, respect the quality and consistency Joe offers.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im not sure mason is reliable long term, he may well pop up with some goals, but I dont think he will win us promotion, certain players win teams promotion, with that extra 10%

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 am

Bellamy :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:52 am

Damned Yank wrote:Bellamy :ayatollah:

This! BELLAMY up top leaves the midfield and wingers intact....

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 am

Mason.

He has a knack of finding space in the box. His movement is clever.

The bonus of having players like Whitts/Noone/Mutch etc who arent afraid
to have a dig is that it forces opposition defences to push up a bit. They have
to start defending 10 yds further out of their box. It leaves holes. I think he'd
thrive up there with Helguson

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 am

Bellamy

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:06 am

i like mason, but i dont see him as an out and out striker. If maynard is out for longer than a month i wonder if malky will bring someone in

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 am

paulh_85 wrote:i like mason, but i dont see him as an out and out striker. If maynard is out for longer than a month i wonder if malky will bring someone in

I see Mason as a Kevin Phillips type player. Play him in or around the box and
he'll get you goals. We've not really seen him as a 'striker' really. But his goal
against Liverpool to me showed an instinct and a knack