Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dekel Keinan signs for Maccabi Haifa.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 am

http://www.haaretz.com/news/sports/macc ... m-1.464647

"Maccabi Haifa's poor start to the season - the former powerhouse lost its two opening games - plus the injury to Tamir Cohen have prompted team owner Yaakov Shahar and coach Reuven Atar to delve into the transfer market in an attempt to shore up their sinking ship. Last week, Haifa bought Ivorian defensive midfielder Joel Damahou from Bnei Sakhnin. On Monday, Israeli midfielder Liroy Zhairi was signed on loan from Belgian club Machelen, and on Tuesday Haifa secured the services of another returning Israeli, Dekel Keinan, who had been struggling to maintain a first-team spot at Cardiff City."

Looks like he's been released. :ayatollah:

Re: Dekel Keinan signs for Maccabi Haifa.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:41 am

:ugeek:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 am

ATB Dekel. Not treated well by Malky.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:39 am

all the beast i though he was really good for us and a true proffesional

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:44 am

Personally i thought he was terrible for us against Reading when we met themin the semi final play offs down here when they beat us 3-0 he looked totally out of sorts :shock:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am

nicky evans wrote:all the beast i though he was really good for us and a true proffesional

All the "best" from me as well

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Obviously malkay didn't rate him, don't know what his wages were but I bet they were pretty big, to big to waste on a player that can't get anywhere near the first team. Wish him all the best.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 pm

A gent and can't understand why he was frozen out totally by Malky. Good luck back in Israel Dekel.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Now we have no defensive cover whatsoever except the untested nugent.

Jyst an fyi.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Good luck Dekel. He made an immediate impact to our back 4 when he joined and when we were consistently conceding and not communicating. Scored a few headers too. Would have liked to see him stay, as he is a good defender, a real pro and a decent guy.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm

All the best Dekel, hope he does really well there. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Now we have no defensive cover whatsoever except the untested nugent.

Jyst an fyi.

I expect us to sign someone on loan. As you say, we only have Nugent as defensive cover now, complete madness to let Keinan go as we are so short in defence already imo. Hopefully Malky will bring a versatile defender in on loan now who can cover the whole of the back four.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

5 1ST TEAM DEFENDERS AND ONE KID NUGENT, I feel this might be the scapegoat if results turn bad if we get 1-2 injurys there, thats the only place i can see MM blaming as everywhere else we got cover. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:28 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Personally i thought he was terrible for us against Reading when we met themin the semi final play offs down here when they beat us 3-0 he looked totally out of sorts :shock:

So was every other player.

Goodluck to him, thought he was a decent signing :ayatollah:. Should have been given a few more games under Malky.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm fucked

Bye keinan. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 pm

:(

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 pm

All the best Dekel. Cracking defender but it was just his consistency! However, always gave 100% :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm

wish him the best, made a real scapegoat and as said above a brilliant fella and progfessional. thats a good move for him i expected him to drop down to a club in desperation!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:Now we have no defensive cover whatsoever except the untested nugent.

Jyst an fyi.

I expect us to sign someone on loan. As you say, we only have Nugent as defensive cover now, complete madness to let Keinan go as we are so short in defence already imo. Hopefully Malky will bring a versatile defender in on loan now who can cover the whole of the back four.

Bang on, Tonteg.

Only problem is Malky came out and said he ain't getting anyone in to go on the bench.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:ATB Dekel. Not treated well by Malky.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I completely agree with this.

I really hope he does well with Haifa.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Jyst an fyi.

Once Turner is back we have Conn as cover and Nugent but now Keinan is off the books it would make sense get a loan player in someone cheap and cheerful who can cut it at Championship level failing that gabbidon is still a free transfer.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 pm

He got in Malky's bad books last year when he tweeted he was going on loan to Crystal Palace. Maybe Malky never forgave him?

21 November 2011
"Dekel Keinan infuriated Cardiff manager Malky Mackay after leaking news of his loan switch to Crystal Palace on Twitter.
Eagles manager Dougie Freedman has swooped for the Israel international on a six-week deal and the 27-year-old will go straight into the squad for Saturday's south London derby against Millwall.
Palace and Cardiff were both keen to keep a lid on the deal until it was ratified by the Football League.
But Keinan jumped the gun after posting on Twitter: 'Yeh! On loan to crystal palace for 6 weeks. Can't wait for the first game!!!'
However, his Tweet infuriated Mackay after the Bluebirds boss was informed of the player's post." :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... alace.html

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:56 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Personally i thought he was terrible for us against Reading when we met themin the semi final play offs down here when they beat us 3-0 he looked totally out of sorts :shock:

That was one game :shock:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Best of luck to him.

We would have struggled to have a Play-Off spot if he hadn't have joined when we did. Gabor as a main centre-back was suicide.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Glad we've got him off our wage bill but good luck to him :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Nothing on the Cardiff or Macabi Haifa websites about this. Unless we have released him he cannot sign for a club in Israel until January.

Has this really happened. :?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Good luck Dekel :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

That was one game :shock:

Yea and what a f*cking game to go AWOL :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 pm

castleblue wrote:Nothing on the Cardiff or Macabi Haifa websites about this. Unless we have released him he cannot sign for a club in Israel until January.

Has this really happened. :?

Wales online are now sying he's left. They say the season in Israel has just started and clubs still have a transfer window open to them. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 am

was there any fee involved..?