Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One year from the Gleision

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:00 pm

would you still want to re-open the mines...? In my opinion if there was any money in it then private companies would have re-opened them by now and is it really a job for people in this day and age..?

Re: One year from the Gleision

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Angry Man wrote:would you still want to re-open the mines...? In my opinion if there was any money in it then private companies would have re-opened them by now and is it really a job for people in this day and age..?

I suppose it depends on how many were vandalised so much that they can't re-open anyway.

Re: One year from the Gleision

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Open the mines again, subsidise the costs for private companies to begin mining again or band together other contracts with them. For instance their are many companies that do mining and drilling, if a company wants to earn a lucrative contract drilling in the north sea then they must all so run a mine in South Wales/South Yorkshire/Cornwall/Derrbyshire even if it is at a loss.

Also I do not get your statement saying that it is no job for man in this day and age, they still mine right across the world and a large scale. It is not as dangerous as it used to be with all the new technologies, it's just some countries still do not give rats arse about health and safety, even today.

:old: