Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" £17(ADULT) TO WATCH CARDIFF CITY AT HOME "

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm

" IF YOU BUY EARLY, WE ARE CHEAPER THAN LAST SEASON "

I was starting to worry as during the Summer City had come up with a new price scheme for home games and I had not paid attention to it due to being away and having a season ticket, but then all I heard last week was that its £32 and £33 to watch Cardiff v Leeds etc and even today in the bank the manager said he was going to go, but him and his father were not going to shell out £66 for a football match and I agreed with him, he said we watched it on TV in a Pub thanks to Malaysia TV.
So then questioned someone from our club.

So the price starts of as low as £17 and then rises the more that sells and of course depending on the opposition.

Well it starts at " £17 for an Adult v Blackpool home on Saturday Sept 29th 3pm kick off " so its up to our fans to get their tickets early. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Leeds fans paid £23 in the away end in advance on Saturday.

Re: " £17(ADULT) TO WATCH CARDIFF CITY AT HOME "

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Last season U-16 tickets were £15 (I still pay for those even though i'm 16), but I've got my tickets for Blackpool in my hand and they only cost me £9 each. So considering i'm not able to make every match this season, as long as I order them early I can save so much money on tickets.
Got Brum and Burnley booked as well. £27 for three City matches :D :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Does this also apply to season ticket holders for away matches?

What I mean is say Millwall away was £15 would the price go up after a week or so for season ticket holders if there was a big demand or is the price frozen?

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 pm

It's £17 for adults to watch Accrington Stanley...

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Or just £7 in tesco vouchers for selected games
http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/pro ... ailability

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I was starting to worry as during the Summer City had come up with a new price scheme for home games and I had not paid attention to it due to being away and having a season ticket, but then all I heard last week was that its £32 and £33 to watch Cardiff v Leeds etc and even today in the bank the manager said he was going to go, but him and his father were not going to shell out £66 for a football match and I agreed with him, he said we watched it on TV in a Pub thanks to Malaysia TV.
So then questioned someone from our club.

So the price starts of as low as £17 and then rises the more that sells and of course depending on the opposition.

Well it starts at " £17 for an Adult v Blackpool home on Saturday Sept 29th 3pm kick off " so its up to our fans to get their tickets early. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Leeds fans paid £23 in the away end in advance on Saturday.

A bank manager can't afford £33 for a ticket ?
How do the minimum wage workers manage it ???

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 pm

I just dont get that. We will never sell out with this structure in place as most of the available tickets are in the corners, which appear hard enough to sell at it is. Surley a thousand more on the gate at £ 23 quid is better than not filling the seats at all?

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:15 pm

My season ticket is in the corner opposite the away end , I have sat in all four 'ends' and IMHO where I sit gives me the best view.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:23 pm

tbh £33 is not that bad what do people expect? if we hit the premiership i think we will be paying alot more

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 pm

It was £32 for all league games I went to last season, so this is good news for the likes of me who can't justify getting a season ticket.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm

My ST is in the corner of the grandstand and Canton stand (opposite the away fans). I bought three tickets for my dad, niece and nephew for the Leeds game, in the row behind me. They were £18 each. My dad's was a senior citizen, and the other two were '16 to 21', or something similar. Last season, a 16 and 17 year old would have had to pay full price, about £27 or £28.

The system seems a bit complicated (or perhaps I have not read the details properly), but it seems that if you buy early, you get cheaper tickets. Leave it to the last few days, especially for attractive games like Leeds, and the price goes up. Demand based pricing, I think they call it. But the price never goes below what a ST works out at.

Only applies to home games.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:28 pm

It was 22 pound to go watch the leeds if u booked in advanced. absolute bargain. sick of people comin on here askin does havanyone have any spares 2 days before the game. i always book my tickets in advance this yr got a season ticket but at 22 pound i would plan my day way.in advanced. and no for away games the prices stay the same as its there prices not us

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:12 pm

It's the way of the world today.

Everyone knows that train and flight tickets are cheaper if you buy them really early. Us fans just need to plan a bit more and get tickets early.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Paid 28 + booking fee for Leeds last Monday so got in early for Blackpool.

Paid 23 + booking fee earlier.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm

If you get in early its fantastic when you consider Cewnty are charging £18 pound for conference football :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Thats the key book it early

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 pm

When the club announced this scheme, it was explained that prices will change on a possible daily basis, in real time, on the one hand I think it's designed to make fans buy tickets earlier but also with its unpredictability in what price you may or may not eventually pay, I think it will also result in more fans buying season tickets, realising how great value they are.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Its simple guys book early=save money,simplessss :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:44 pm

So if you pay earlier you get a better deal... that's stupid as people who struggle financially are being penalised for only scraping together enough cash at the last moment.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Why are Blackpool much cheaper than Leeds bearing in mind pool are a recent premiership club and Leeds are more recently league one?

I would not pay over 30 quid to watch a football match.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 am

Its all well and good saying plan in advance and get your ticket cheaper In an IDEAL world you would be right .UNFORTUNATELY we do not live in an ideal world For a number of reasons maybe people can not plan in advance .Would i pay last minute £66 to go and watch the match when i know i can watch it elsewhere?(i know its not quite the same)DEFINETLY not .Would i pay half that to go and see the match and get the atmosphere? .YES i wouldWhen people quote it is x amount to watch lets say Arsenal or x amount to watch lets say Hereford its irrelevant .The bottom line is if its your local team IS the price AFFORDABLE?In my opinion if you want to get todays youngsters interested in following Cardiff City (as they are tomorrows future) then you have to do it at a price where it id affordable for the adults to go and take their children with them

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:03 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:So if you pay earlier you get a better deal... that's stupid as people who struggle financially are being penalised for only scraping together enough cash at the last moment.

Its not penalising anyone you odious toad.

Its giving people the opportunity of a discount. :roll:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:10 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:When the club announced this scheme, it was explained that prices will change on a possible daily basis, in real time, on the one hand I think it's designed to make fans buy tickets earlier but also with its unpredictability in what price you may or may not eventually pay, I think it will also result in more fans buying season tickets, realising how great value they are.

It will. For first time in years I havent bought an ST so have paid, with booking fee, 30 for Leeds and 25 for Blackpool so will prob end up buying a season ticket next pay day as long term it dont make sense to keep paying 25-30 a game.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 am

How does it hinder the poor? It helps, it just you have to plan what game you want to go to. Fixture list came out before the start of the season, so you could say:

Oh, i fancy that game, its in 6 weeks and i need to save £6 a week which gives me the money 2 weeks early to buy the ticket.

If your that hard up and struggling, you should be considering sorting your finances out and not watching luxuries like football.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 am

Logie wrote:How does it hinder the poor? It helps, it just you have to plan what game you want to go to. Fixture list came out before the start of the season, so you could say:

Oh, i fancy that game, its in 6 weeks and i need to save £6 a week which gives me the money 2 weeks early to buy the ticket.

If your that hard up and struggling, you should be considering sorting your finances out and not watching luxuries like football.

Exactly. If people are that hard up they couldnt afford to go wether it was £17 or £31. It wouldnt matter.

Me personally, Im a bit strapped this week as I dont get paid my monthly salary until Monday so Ive whacked 3 Blackpool tickets on my interest free credit card and told my 2 mates give me the money on the day of the game. Last week my mate whacked the 3 Leeds tickets on his card and had the cash off us on Saturday. Theres ways around things if you plan accordingly.

Honestly, the club try and do something to help the fans and you still get people moaning. Unbelievable.
Last edited by Mario Polotelli on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 am

I'm not surprised the club have adopted this system.

Most businesses that can use this system will. Airlines in particular. However I think the club need to look at it a bit more as they should have sold out for Leeds. Obviously the £33 for those last remaining seats was a bit too much.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I'm not surprised the club have adopted this system.

Most businesses that can use this system will. Airlines in particular. However I think the club need to look at it a bit more as they should have sold out for Leeds. Obviously the £33 for those last remaining seats was a bit too much.

Yes the highest price is definitely too much and needs to be looked at.

Also, maybe its because I am on here daily but Annis seems to plug the tickets just as much if not more than the club.

I think a good idea would be for the club to get a list of people, like myself, who have been ST holders for a number of years but choose not to renew this year and pester them with emails. Offer them discounted matchday tickets in an effort to get them back on side. I would say the figure wouldnt be many, maybe a couple of thousand, so with a conversion rate of maybe 20%, you are only looking at 500 or so.

I know after attending Leeds and purchasing for Blackpool that I am looking to get an ST again as I dont want to be forking out £25-30 a game.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I'm not surprised the club have adopted this system.

Yes the highest price is definitely too much and needs to be looked at.

Also, maybe its because I am on here daily but Annis seems to plug the tickets just as much if not more than the club.

I think a good idea would be for the club to get a list of people, like myself, who have been ST holders for a number of years but choose not to renew this year and pester them with emails. Offer them discounted matchday tickets in an effort to get them back on side. I would say the figure wouldnt be many, maybe a couple of thousand, so with a conversion rate of maybe 20%, you are only looking at 500 or so.

I know after attending Leeds and purchasing for Blackpool that I am looking to get an ST again as I dont want to be forking out £25-30 a game.

And that is how a switched on business should work.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:26 am

it should be capped definately, perhaps at around £27 quid which is reasonable i think.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Paid 28 + booking fee for Leeds last Monday so got in early for Blackpool.

Sell out ;)

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Paid 28 + booking fee for Leeds last Monday so got in early for Blackpool.

Sell out ;)

It was either sell out or go to the Cinema or Retail Park every bloody Saturday :lol:

TBH mate the red wasnt that bad on the pitch. The worst bit was down on the concourse or in the stands. Its all very messy to say the least.