Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY MILLWALL STORY

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 am

A lot of my football life was spent with my wheelchair bound mate Beefy, and therefor most times we were in the disabled section at away grounds. Now that could vary from top class facilities like Port vale of stuck out in the open on the side of the pitch.

Now two weeks before the Millwall game in question, we had played Bristol Rovers away, and they had just started playing at the Bristol rugby ground (which ironically I had played on the year before) anyway I had taken my motor home over for this one and we had Beefy in his wheelchair, Mad Granville in his chair and another nutter from Rhydfelin in his chair.

We got there early and found a pub and in we poured, who's gonna stop twelve blokes and three wheelchairs, an hour later it started filling up and it only turned out to be the Rover's lads main pub, a few came over to ask what were we doing in there and no one else had ever been in there, we just fronted it out and thought of the headlines if they had attacked us, f**k me they'd have been so embarrassed.

We left fifteen minutes before kick off and I was the only sober one among us, as we got near the ground there was a mad scarp with loads of ours and Rovers and all those with us that weren't in wheelchairs fucked off to join in, so I'm left with three blokes in wheelchairs and all pissed drunk.

I had to put them in a line one behind the other and push three wheelchairs into the stadium, when we got there they were stuck, don't think they'd had away fans in wheelchairs before and just put us pitch side in front of a seated section where all their nutters were.

Well our boys wound them right up and one of their hoolies bit, he walked passed us to go to the bogs, he threw a bit of abuse at Granville, now Granville who is a big lump and was a real lad before his spinal accident was bouncing. When this hoolie made his way back he decide to have another go at Granville and leaned down to him to talk, BIG MISTAKE, Granvile had both arms around his neck, the bloke stood up with Granville still hanging around his neck, they fell to the floor with Granville choking the life out of him, this bloke was going blue.

It was mental, two coppers run in whacking Granville with truncheons and Granville was shouting, "get them off me Gwyn, get them off me"
This was a bit awkward as my natural instincts were to protect Granville, but how do you drag off two coppers without going to jail.

Well I wont drag the story out, but they had to move us over to the Cardiff fans who were by now laughing their heads off.
This story made the National papers and was built up into all sorts, one said it was like watching Lazarus rise from the grave seeing this disabled man rise from the wheelchair and attack this man.

Two weeks later we were at Millwall, this time just me and Beefy (thank f**k) now we were put on a balcony among other Millwall wheelchair users and directly behind some of their local nutters.

I heard two of them in front of us talking about an article in a fanzine he was reading titled Cardiff fans fighting in the wheelchair section, and this one bloke said in his luverly cockney accent "f**k me, they're all f*cking nutters, they have even had an off in the wheelchair section" only for Beefy to lean forward and tap in on the shoulder and say " yes we take it everywhere, no discrimination among us lot, well fair play, these Millwall lads were laughing like f**k and we had a good crack with them, thank God coz there were some real beauties among them.

Don't worry about Para Olympics, we had Para Hooligans. :lol: :lol:

Valley Rams Book is full of some of my stories
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY MILLWALL STORY

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 am

:lol: funny as f**k gwyn :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am

Great story Gwyn , who was the nutter from Rhydyfelin ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:Great story Gwyn , who was the nutter from Rhydyfelin ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Still see him around, quite a large chap, does walk with a stick sometimes, I think he just uses the wheelchait coz he get's too drunk to walk. :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am

Great memories for ya :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am

enjoyed that . :lol: :lol: :lol: CHEERS ---G----------- CCFC

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:24 am

I was at that game and I'm sure the wurzels were shouting about abervan. I think it was front page of the star about Granvile

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Xcasual wrote:I was at that game and I'm sure the wurzels were shouting about abervan. I think it was front page of the star about Granvile

Yeh, your correct, it was front page of the Star, and Monday morning I was in work and Granville rang me, he said" Gwyn do you think I should let me Missus know about Saturday, just in case someone tells her" i said "someone tell's her, f**k me it's on the front page of a daily newspaper" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm

i got to say gwyn every time you put a story on here i piss myself laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm

the story about beefy in standard leige still cracks me up gwyn :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 pm

funny as f**k :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Ace gwyn we were there when they steamed in to rovers :D
It made the evening post in Bristol that a Cardiff disabled lad smacked a rovers disabled chap was that the same game v rovers at the memorial stadium lol

:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm

That cracked me up :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Another great story Gwyn. :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 pm

placid-casual wrote:Ace gwyn we were there when they steamed in to rovers :D
It made the evening post in Bristol that a Cardiff disabled lad smacked a rovers disabled chap was that the same game v rovers at the memorial stadium lol

:ayatollah:

That's the one, big Sam had his jacket sliced by one of them swinging a blade at him, he'd have rather a flesh wound than throw away a jacket.lol

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 pm

As long as he lost his disability I'm happy

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 am

Quality fair play :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Granville is a great bloke, haven't seen him down city for while

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Lmao what a legend. I love hearing stories of past hooliganism with the bluebirds :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: