Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A little help re contacting the club

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 am

Morning all,

I'm not a frequent poster here, but was hoping someone who is may be able to help me. I've sent an email this morning to the club following an incident on Saturday that really upset my daughter. The only thing is, I don't know if I've sent it to the right place. I've sent it to club@cardiffcityfc.co.uk. I'll add some detail so you may be able to help.

I sit in the Canton stand (BB565), and on Saturday, I brought my 7 year old daughter. Normally, I'd switch seats to a "more faily friendly" area, but as she'd been nagging me to see where I sit, and my brother-in-law was on holiday, I just used his ticket for her. Somebody in the stands was completely wankered, and threw up all over her seat. Fortunately, I'd seen it coming as he'd fallen into her a few seconds before, and I moved her out of the way. And when I say wankered, this guy couldn't even talk. I've simply asked the question as to how he even got there in the first place without someone stopping him. My daughter had her bag searched within seconds of getting through the turnstiles. She also found it very upsetting, and just wanted to go home. Fortunately, I managed to move seats which calmed her down, thanks to the stewards, who I must say were brilliant, but had he been stopped before getting to the seat, the issue would never have arisen. Sorry if this guy was one of you, I just find it amazing that my 7 year old was searched, yet someone who was barely able to function managed to get to a seat.

Cheers all,

Lee :ayatollah:

Re: A little help re contacting the club

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 am

You've sent it to the right place, Lee. Terrible experience for you and your daughter, which I'm surprised and disappointed about, as you clearly are.

Give it a day or two and if you haven't heard by then, try calling them.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 am

Cheers, I'll post here if I get a response. If it had just been me, I wouldn't have been overly concerned. She was alright once we moved seats, and I bought her a hot chocolate. Apparently, it's good for someone who is upset. I don't know where she heard that, but that was what she said, and as long as she was OK in the end, it was £1.80 well spent :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 am

leeweb wrote:Cheers, I'll post here if I get a response. If it had just been me, I wouldn't have been overly concerned. She was alright once we moved seats, and I bought her a hot chocolate. Apparently, it's good for someone who is upset. I don't know where she heard that, but that was what she said, and as long as she was OK in the end, it was £1.80 well spent :ayatollah:

If you take her again and you want to move, look up to the left, where the Canton meets the Ninian and there are almost always some empty seats there. Not that you should move, but just in case.

All the best, mate.

:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 am

Lee ive sent you a PM.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am

Think I'll email too regarding the standing on seats issue.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Big thanks to Nobby for pointing me in the right direction, as well as Nedd Glas for his sympathies. And big thanks also to Alan Whiteley for his prompt response. He has offered to make my daughter and I his guests at the Watford game in October, which I thought was a really nice gesture. She'll be over the moon when I tell her later. Not normally my thing (hence standing in the Canton End :D ), but I'll make an exception this once :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 pm

leeweb wrote:Big thanks to Nobby for pointing me in the right direction, as well as Nedd Glas for his sympathies. And big thanks also to Alan Whiteley for his prompt response. He has offered to make my daughter and I his guests at the Watford game in October, which I thought was a really nice gesture. She'll be over the moon when I tell her later. Not normally my thing (hence standing in the Canton End :D ), but I'll make an exception this once :ayatollah:

Lovely job. A happy ending and a lesson learnt by the club, I'm sure.

Enjoy!

:thumbup:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 pm

leeweb wrote:Big thanks to Nobby for pointing me in the right direction, as well as Nedd Glas for his sympathies. And big thanks also to Alan Whiteley for his prompt response. He has offered to make my daughter and I his guests at the Watford game in October, which I thought was a really nice gesture. She'll be over the moon when I tell her later. Not normally my thing (hence standing in the Canton End :D ), but I'll make an exception this once :ayatollah:

Glad to have helped mate, and great news on the outcome, glad for you and your daughter. :ayatollah: