Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our Top Scorer!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:32 am

In stating the obvious this year, it will be totally different to last year! serious investment has been made in the striking department because as tey say goals win matches. But I think one of the "old" boys will end up as leading goal-scorer.

We have in the likes of Maynard, Bellamy and Noone players who will run at an opponent and commit defenders and get a higher percentage of penalties and free-kicks around the box, so Q for Whits. He already has two penalties and a free-kick goal to his account already and not since we had Chops falling over every defenders leg in the league have we had such drive and penatration into the box and our penalty count will be in double figures this season hence I would predict that Whits will get 25 goals this season.

Re: Our Top Scorer!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 am

Whitts or maynard

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am

4 already, yep, I think Whitts to be top scorer :ayatollah:

28 goals I reckon and a promotion as the icing on the cake. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 am

LutonBluebird wrote:4 already, yep, I think Whitts to be top scorer :ayatollah:

28 goals I reckon and a promotion as the icing on the cake. :ayatollah:

Yes, please!

:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 am

Decent shout

you can get him at 33/1 at the moment on Betfair to be top scorer in the championship --im having a few quid on

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

Mafor wrote:Decent shout

you can get him at 33/1 at the moment on Betfair to be top scorer in the championship --im having a few quid on

He was 100/1 at the start of the season. :o

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:35 am

Whitts.

When you look at Bellamy, Noone, Maynard, Conway, Mason and maybe even Kim who will run at players, we will get a load of penalties this year. Plus Whitts isn't afraid to have a go from range so we'll see quite a few screamers this year IMO :ayatollah: