Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Enough

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm

From a soldiers perspective, " ours is not to ask but why?, ours is to do or die" cut all the crap guys you sound awful, :oops: :oops: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 pm

supercoops wrote:From a soldiers perspective, " ours is not to ask but why?, ours is to do or die" cut all the crap guys you sound awful, :oops: :oops: :ayatollah:

From another soldiers perspective.. "Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die". (Alfred Lord Tennyson) ;)

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:15 am

I intend to end my postings on Islam for the time being,when i posted Enough,i wanted to start an informed debate on the so called war in Afghanistan,and reading all the responses to that posting,an informed debate is what i got,well done everyone.............over the centuries,Islamists have labeled,Christians,and more recently Western Democracies "barbaric"and have always painted themselves the enlightened ones,so lets examine a few facts,of course if you go back far enough,we the British did terrible things,we did our fair share of rape and pillaged,but in time,we saw the light ,if you will,and by and large developed into a far more civalised country,not perfect,but more enlightened,now Islam on the other hand still carry out public beheadings,still enjoy burying hapless victims up to their heads and stoning them to death,in public once again,cutting off the hands of beggars for stealing food,again in public,flogging Westerners,who had the temerity to drink alcohol in public,willing to behead a nine year old,mentally retarded girl for accidentally burning pages of the Koran,a charge she was later cleared of by the way,i dare say if the sentenced had been carried out,it would have been in public,so i ask you,in your opinion who are the true barbarians,the West,who's idea of punishment is a defered sentence,or if your really unlucky an ASBO...or Islam,where they carry out the most despicable death sentence's on their own people in full glare of their own people,just to remind them to keep in line,,,,,,,,,,,read the above and ponder my freinds...who are the true barbarians

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:My dear Angelis it is not as simple as just pulling out of Afghanistan, we can only leave once the Afghan army is ready to continue the fight alone against the Taliban. Simply giving up is a disgrace and what message does that put out to all future enemies of the West?
:old:

Yeah!

Who cares if our children are dying. We need to save face!

Idiot.

Did I say that? We must not do half a job, we are almost there. Always one dickhead that reaches for the moral high ground with little substance.

:old:

If the Taliban entered our country, set up base and walked around intimidating with machine guns, you'd probably expect us to kill them too. You can't have it both ways.
Britain doesn't rule the world any more. We aren't the right-doers every time bar none.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 am

angelis49 wrote:I intend to end my postings on Islam for the time being,when i posted Enough,i wanted to start an informed debate on the so called war in Afghanistan,and reading all the responses to that posting,an informed debate is what i got,well done everyone.............over the centuries,Islamists have labeled,Christians,and more recently Western Democracies "barbaric"and have always painted themselves the enlightened ones,so lets examine a few facts,of course if you go back far enough,we the British did terrible things,we did our fair share of rape and pillaged,but in time,we saw the light ,if you will,and by and large developed into a far more civalised country,not perfect,but more enlightened,now Islam on the other hand still carry out public beheadings,still enjoy burying hapless victims up to their heads and stoning them to death,in public once again,cutting off the hands of beggars for stealing food,again in public,flogging Westerners,who had the temerity to drink alcohol in public,willing to behead a nine year old,mentally retarded girl for accidentally burning pages of the Koran,a charge she was later cleared of by the way,i dare say if the sentenced had been carried out,it would have been in public,so i ask you,in your opinion who are the true barbarians,the West,who's idea of punishment is a defered sentence,or if your really unlucky an ASBO...or Islam,where they carry out the most despicable death sentence's on their own people in full glare of their own people,just to remind them to keep in line,,,,,,,,,,,read the above and ponder my freinds...who are the true barbarians

I've witnessed a beheading. An image I will take with me to my grave.

At one time I would agree with all this beheading lark because at the time I was living in a country, Saudi Arabia, that had the lowest crime rate in the world. I could forget to lock my car but knew it would be there when I returned. That security from crime I had I put down to the way they punished their criminals.

Since then I have done another couple of tours of Saudi and it is a changing place. The barbaric punishments are still active but crime is on the up. This co-insides with the fact that poverty in Saudi is on the up. That might surprise people that there is poverty in that country but it is the only country I have been in where someone risks being publicly flogged for asking for charity. A number of times I would be driving somewhere and would be waiting at red traffic lights when a woman, totally covered, would knock on my window holding her hand out for some small change. There that was a huge risk, it was bad enough begging but approaching a none family member of the opposite sex is a no no, specially a white eye like me. She was risking her life but I bet at the time that was not worrying her because she was very desperate.

Summin up it does not matter what the punishment is when poverty takes over your life. I honestly feel that is we could remove poverty then we could go a long way to removing most of crime that affects us all.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
angelis49 wrote:I intend to end my postings on Islam for the time being,when i posted Enough,i wanted to start an informed debate on the so called war in Afghanistan,and reading all the responses to that posting,an informed debate is what i got,well done everyone.............over the centuries,Islamists have labeled,Christians,and more recently Western Democracies "barbaric"and have always painted themselves the enlightened ones,so lets examine a few facts,of course if you go back far enough,we the British did terrible things,we did our fair share of rape and pillaged,but in time,we saw the light ,if you will,and by and large developed into a far more civalised country,not perfect,but more enlightened,now Islam on the other hand still carry out public beheadings,still enjoy burying hapless victims up to their heads and stoning them to death,in public once again,cutting off the hands of beggars for stealing food,again in public,flogging Westerners,who had the temerity to drink alcohol in public,willing to behead a nine year old,mentally retarded girl for accidentally burning pages of the Koran,a charge she was later cleared of by the way,i dare say if the sentenced had been carried out,it would have been in public,so i ask you,in your opinion who are the true barbarians,the West,who's idea of punishment is a defered sentence,or if your really unlucky an ASBO...or Islam,where they carry out the most despicable death sentence's on their own people in full glare of their own people,just to remind them to keep in line,,,,,,,,,,,read the above and ponder my freinds...who are the true barbarians

I've witnessed a beheading. An image I will take with me to my grave.

At one time I would agree with all this beheading lark because at the time I was living in a country, Saudi Arabia, that had the lowest crime rate in the world. I could forget to lock my car but knew it would be there when I returned. That security from crime I had I put down to the way they punished their criminals.

Since then I have done another couple of tours of Saudi and it is a changing place. The barbaric punishments are still active but crime is on the up. This co-insides with the fact that poverty in Saudi is on the up. That might surprise people that there is poverty in that country but it is the only country I have been in where someone risks being publicly flogged for asking for charity. A number of times I would be driving somewhere and would be waiting at red traffic lights when a woman, totally covered, would knock on my window holding her hand out for some small change. There that was a huge risk, it was bad enough begging but approaching a none family member of the opposite sex is a no no, specially a white eye like me. She was risking her life but I bet at the time that was not worrying her because she was very desperate.

Summin up it does not matter what the punishment is when poverty takes over your life. I honestly feel that if we could remove poverty then we could go a long way to removing most of crime that affects us all.

There it is, the reason that some people won't accept and anyone saying it gets called a Commie.

There are "barbarians" in every country and culture.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Summing up, it does not matter what the punishment is, when poverty takes over your life. I honestly feel that is we could remove poverty then we could go a long way to removing most of crime that affects us all.[/quote]

You would turn to crime to stop this.>>> http://dreamysap.files.wordpress.com/20 ... =614&h=410

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm

SBF1 wrote:Summing up, it does not matter what the punishment is, when poverty takes over your life. I honestly feel that is we could remove poverty then we could go a long way to removing most of crime that affects us all.

You would turn to crime to stop this.>>> http://dreamysap.files.wordpress.com/20 ... =614&h=410[/quote]

Its crime or corruption that has brought this on.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm

SBF1 wrote:Summing up, it does not matter what the punishment is, when poverty takes over your life. I honestly feel that is we could remove poverty then we could go a long way to removing most of crime that affects us all.

You would turn to crime to stop this.>>> http://dreamysap.files.wordpress.com/20 ... =614&h=410[/quote]

Its crime or corruption that has brought this on.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAmsmwgt6qI

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAmsmwgt6qI

Check out the cojones on Paul Flynn!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

I can assure you I have done; thoroughly :thumbup:

Seriously though, it's a brave move to stand up and oppose so many like that.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

I can assure you I have done; thoroughly :thumbup:

Seriously though, it's a brave move to stand up and oppose so many like that.

Certainly is, G. Hope he can afford security!

:D