Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Enough

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:46 pm

When that farce of the international break came to an end,i fully intended to make most if not all future postings,football related,and then i come across a story that made me so angry,now i pride myself on my self control, an ability i have had to use on here when dealing with the few morons ,but i want you to picture this,an Afghan policeman,lying in the street crying out in agony,saying he has been shot,two British soldiers,with no thought of their own safety,run to his aid,only for this piece of Afghan scum to produce a fire arm and murder the men who only wanted to help him....now i say this to our spineless,pathetic politicians,who in their wisdom altered the rules of engagement for our soldiers,apparently we can only open fire on the Talaban if they open fire on us first,so i say to our gutless Politicians,enough is enough,you either let our fighting men and women,the best in the world in my opinion,you either let them fight this war without having one hand tied behind their backs,or bring them home NOW!!,because in my opinion, not a hundred Afghan lives is worth the life of one British soldier,i hope all of you who read this share my anger and disgust on how this so called war is being fought in our name................in conclusion, i switched on the the BBC News,hoping to get more on this story,in fairness the BBC mentioned it,but not before i had to sit through an apparent NATO bombing raid that went wrong,killing six Afghan women,who may or may not have been insurgents,but the BBC in their wisdom thought that story was more important than two ordinary British soldiers being murdered for trying to help someone in distress ..........let the best fighting force in the world finish the job,or bring them home NOW

Re: Enough

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 am

agree with every word :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:22 am

...........and after we pull out the taliban will be back where they were-running the country once again making all the sacrifices by our brave armed forces count for nothing.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 am

The only thing i disagree with from the o/p is the term "ordinary british soldiers", they are far from ordinary, they are special every one of them, very special... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:47 am

Well said.
Complete waste of lives.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 am

My dear Sneggyblubird ,i agree with the point you make,but if you take it to its logical conclusion,we will have to keep our forces their for ever and a day.....unless of course the old women in the MOD and our gutless politicians let us fight this war with both hands,but you know as well as i do Sneggyblubird that is never going to happen,so come 2014 when we pull out of that cursed country,the Talaban will simply start business as normal,so whichever way you look at it,and it breaks my heart to say this,our brave fighting men and women,who have already died and those who will surly die right up to 2014 will have giving their lives for nothing

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 am

I don't get into the politics side of anything but I 100% agree with you

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 am

angelis49 wrote:My dear Sneggyblubird ,i agree with the point you make,but if you take it to its logical conclusion,we will have to keep our forces their for ever and a day.....unless of course the old women in the MOD and our gutless politicians let us fight this war with both hands,but you know as well as i do Sneggyblubird that is never going to happen,so come 2014 when we pull out of that cursed country,the Talaban will simply start business as normal,so whichever way you look at it,and it breaks my heart to say this,our brave fighting men and women,who have already died and those who will surly die right up to 2014 will have giving their lives for nothing

Sad, but true.

Who was it that said "one day they'll call a war and nobody will turn up?" Whoever it was, I live for that day. Far too many of our brave people have been used and abused and they deserve much better than that.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am

Always have been and always will be rules of engagement.
You just don't go in shooting everything that moves.
That's we we call them terrorists, because of what they do, not what we do.
Believe me, as soon as we pull out of there, they will be planning attacks here and the US like never seen before.
At this moment in time we are playing it out in their back yard. Give them the room and freedom to sell the drugs they produce to finance a campaign on a scale never seen before in the UK, and we are fighting them in our backyard.
City centres/Train stations/Tower blocks/football grounds/schools/government building all targets.(what the IRA did here will be nothing in comparison)
We have been poking a wasps nest for a long time now and we have been beating them off. It's when we stop poking and turn our backs is when we shall pay for it.
Just my opinion.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 am

SBF1 wrote:Always have been and always will be rules of engagement.
You just don't go in shooting everything that moves.
That's we we call them terrorists, because of what they do, not what we do.
Believe me, as soon as we pull out of there, they will be planning attacks here and the US like never seen before.
At this moment in time we are playing it out in their back yard. Give them the room and freedom to sell the drugs they produce to finance a campaign on a scale never seen before in the UK, and we are fighting them in our backyard.
City centres/Train stations/Tower blocks/football grounds/schools/government building all targets.(what the IRA did here will be nothing in comparison)
We have been poking a wasps nest for a long time now and we have been beating them off. It's when we stop poking and turn our backs is when we shall pay for it.
Just my opinion.

More than an opinion, that's a prophecy, I'd say. You hit the nail on the head.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 am

Afghanistan is not unique. The British forces have been going into countries like Afghan for decades and bringing stability to the regions. Where do I start, UAE, Borneo, India......perhaps not on everyones volcabulary those countries but our forces have been there winning the minds and hearts of the local residents.

We are committed to Afghan like it or not. For the record I don't like it. There are two problems our forces face and they are:

1. Media: Our soldiers are under pressure to be seen doing right. The only way the authorites can assure this happens is by making these engagement rules that we all don't like. If we did not have these rules then you can be assured that havoc would reign.You can be even more assured that the media would be there painting bad story about our forces as well.

2. Yemen: Through the 60s we were there just like we are in Afghan doing the same job for the same reasons. We pulled out of there before the job was done. It is now one of the most instable regions in the Middle East and it has cost the West that has. Trust me we have a lot of interest in that area and the more stable the area is themore benefit to us.

Some truths there most won't like on here.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am

angelis49 wrote:My dear Sneggyblubird ,i agree with the point you make,but if you take it to its logical conclusion,we will have to keep our forces their for ever and a day.....unless of course the old women in the MOD and our gutless politicians let us fight this war with both hands,but you know as well as i do Sneggyblubird that is never going to happen,so come 2014 when we pull out of that cursed country,the Talaban will simply start business as normal,so whichever way you look at it,and it breaks my heart to say this,our brave fighting men and women,who have already died and those who will surly die right up to 2014 will have giving their lives for nothing

The irony,and the hypocracy for that matter is we(along with the yanks,french,russians to name a few)make the bullets and missiles that kill our solders.Our economy has profited by the billions over the years making and selling arms.The terrorists of this world can't make bullets and bombs but they know how to fire them.And if thats not bad enough the drugs they make buys them alot of weapons(all through 4th of 5th parties of course).My own misgiving is the infastucture and training we are giving these people could come back and hurt us more by the end of this decade.
God help us all if the muslims in Pakistan sieze control of that country or if Iran is successful in making their own nukes.Just remember it was french exocets that killed our lads in the falklands.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

The irony,and the hypocracy for that matter is we(along with the yanks,french,russians to name a few)make the bullets and missiles that kill our solders.Our economy has profited by the billions over the years making and selling arms.The terrorists of this world can't make bullets and bombs but they know how to fire them.And if thats not bad enough the drugs they make buys them alot of weapons(all through 4th of 5th parties of course).My own misgiving is the infastucture and training we are giving these people could come back and hurt us more by the end of this decade.
God help us all if the muslims in Pakistan sieze control of that country or if Iran is successful in making their own nukes.Just remember it was french exocets that killed our lads in the falklands.

Nasty and greedy world we all live in.

I've lived out in the Middle East and trust me when I say this the average Arab would like to be left alone to live their simple life. Sadly they have got been able to due to the West explioting their lands.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Afghanistan is not unique. The British forces have been going into countries like Afghan for decades and bringing stability to the regions. Where do I start, UAE, Borneo, India......perhaps not on everyones volcabulary those countries but our forces have been there winning the minds and hearts of the local residents.

We are committed to Afghan like it or not. For the record I don't like it. There are two problems our forces face and they are:

1. Media: Our soldiers are under pressure to be seen doing right. The only way the authorites can assure this happens is by making these engagement rules that we all don't like. If we did not have these rules then you can be assured that havoc would reign.You can be even more assured that the media would be there painting bad story about our forces as well.

2. Yemen: Through the 60s we were there just like we are in Afghan doing the same job for the same reasons. We pulled out of there before the job was done. It is now one of the most instable regions in the Middle East and it has cost the West that has. Trust me we have a lot of interest in that area and the more stable the area is themore benefit to us.

The biggest difference with past conflicts and today's conflicts is technology and demographics of religious sects.
The world is now a much smaller place. Believe me, there are plenty of "sleepers" throughout Europe. All waiting and readying for the orders from the Muslim extremists.
The internet has given them everything they need.
When it starts it will be a lot worse than just the terrorist bombings and killings. There will be civil unrest and racial hatred on a massive scale.
I honestly worry for my grandchildren. :(

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

SBF1 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Afghanistan is not unique. The British forces have been going into countries like Afghan for decades and bringing stability to the regions. Where do I start, UAE, Borneo, India......perhaps not on everyones volcabulary those countries but our forces have been there winning the minds and hearts of the local residents.

The biggest difference with past conflicts and today's conflicts is technology and demographics of religious sects.
The world is now a much smaller place. Believe me, there are plenty of "sleepers" throughout Europe. All waiting and readying for the orders from the Muslim extremists.
When it starts it will be a lot worse than just the terrorist bombings and killings. There will be civil unrest and racial hatred on a massive scale.

Civil unrest/racial hatred......all the outcomes of greed. As I said above the Middle East area has its benefits to us. Sadly most of those benefits will go to the few, corporate entities. An equal sharing of these and civil racial hatred is immensley decreased.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Civil unrest/racial hatred......all the outcomes of greed. As I said above the Middle East area has its benefits to us. Sadly most of those benefits will go to the few, corporate entities. An equal sharing of these and civil racial hatred is immensley decreased.

Some will call you a Commie for that. I agree with you, though, that greed is not good (Gordon Gekko was wrong) and it may eventually destroy the human race.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:12 am

angelis49 wrote:When that farce of the international break came to an end,i fully intended to make most if not all future postings,football related,and then i come across a story that made me so angry,now i pride myself on my self control, an ability i have had to use on here when dealing with the few morons ,but i want you to picture this,an Afghan policeman,lying in the street crying out in agony,saying he has been shot,two British soldiers,with no thought of their own safety,run to his aid,only for this piece of Afghan scum to produce a fire arm and murder the men who only wanted to help him....now i say this to our spineless,pathetic politicians,who in their wisdom altered the rules of engagement for our soldiers,apparently we can only open fire on the Talaban if they open fire on us first,so i say to our gutless Politicians,enough is enough,you either let our fighting men and women,the best in the world in my opinion,you either let them fight this war without having one hand tied behind their backs,or bring them home NOW!!,because in my opinion, not a hundred Afghan lives is worth the life of one British soldier,i hope all of you who read this share my anger and disgust on how this so called war is being fought in our name................in conclusion, i switched on the the BBC News,hoping to get more on this story,in fairness the BBC mentioned it,but not before i had to sit through an apparent NATO bombing raid that went wrong,killing six Afghan women,who may or may not have been insurgents,but the BBC in their wisdom thought that story was more important than two ordinary British soldiers being murdered for trying to help someone in distress ..........let the best fighting force in the world finish the job,or bring them home NOW

Lets send the politicians out to afghanistan, all of them, put them in the front line and see what they think of it, we might as well because they are no use here in parliment. :oops:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 am

There is one thing not mentioned, if we pull out, what is going to happen to Pakistan with thier nuclear weapons, these are the things the Al Queda have been waiting for, they won't need to deliver them by missile, because of retaliation, no they will bring them in piece by piece into the wests cities, it will make 9/11 look like a picnic, and this my friends is why I think we will never pull out of there, too much left to chance, they know Isreal will retaliate against Iran, so that takes them out, but remember these weapons will be spread around the world not in one country, Britain won't let strike first happen with our troops on the ground, so we won't fire first even if the danger is proved. We followed like sheep when Bush snapped his fingers, and now we are fighting the Jehad on thier terms.
PS If I spelt Jehad wrong then I won't apologise, because they don't like me, and, I don't like them.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 am

cityone wrote:
angelis49 wrote:When that farce of the international break came to an end,i fully intended to make most if not all future postings,football related,and then i come across a story that made me so angry,now i pride myself on my self control, an ability i have had to use on here when dealing with the few morons ,but i want you to picture this,an Afghan policeman,lying in the street crying out in agony,saying he has been shot,two British soldiers,with no thought of their own safety,run to his aid,only for this piece of Afghan scum to produce a fire arm and murder the men who only wanted to help him....now i say this to our spineless,pathetic politicians,who in their wisdom altered the rules of engagement for our soldiers,apparently we can only open fire on the Talaban if they open fire on us first,so i say to our gutless Politicians,enough is enough,you either let our fighting men and women,the best in the world in my opinion,you either let them fight this war without having one hand tied behind their backs,or bring them home NOW!!,because in my opinion, not a hundred Afghan lives is worth the life of one British soldier,i hope all of you who read this share my anger and disgust on how this so called war is being fought in our name................in conclusion, i switched on the the BBC News,hoping to get more on this story,in fairness the BBC mentioned it,but not before i had to sit through an apparent NATO bombing raid that went wrong,killing six Afghan women,who may or may not have been insurgents,but the BBC in their wisdom thought that story was more important than two ordinary British soldiers being murdered for trying to help someone in distress ..........let the best fighting force in the world finish the job,or bring them home NOW

Lets send the politicians out to afghanistan, all of them, put them in the front line and see what they think of it, we might as well because they are no use here in parliment. :oops:

Good call.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

not a hundred Afghan lives is worth the life of one British soldier,

Unusual statement to make.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:47 pm

My dear Angelis it is not as simple as just pulling out of Afghanistan, we can only leave once the Afghan army is ready to continue the fight alone against the Taliban. Simply giving up is a disgrace and what message does that put out to all future enemies of the West?

The Taliban, despite what the media say are struggling. More must be done to cut their finance seeing as that is what they use to pay men to fight for them. Also where the heckedy peck are they getting all these weapons from? I am willing to bet that it is not an infinite supply so its all about the waiting game.

In any war, deaths are inevitable but it is extremely short sighted to say that each death will not be worth something in the long term.

:old:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:My dear Angelis it is not as simple as just pulling out of Afghanistan, we can only leave once the Afghan army is ready to continue the fight alone against the Taliban. Simply giving up is a disgrace and what message does that put out to all future enemies of the West?

Yeah!

Who cares if our children are dying. We need to save face!

Idiot.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 pm

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:My dear Angelis it is not as simple as just pulling out of Afghanistan, we can only leave once the Afghan army is ready to continue the fight alone against the Taliban. Simply giving up is a disgrace and what message does that put out to all future enemies of the West?

Yeah!

Idiot.

Did I say that? We must not do half a job, we are almost there. Always one dickhead that reaches for the moral high ground with little substance.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:

Yeah!

Idiot.

Did I say that? We must not do half a job, we are almost there. Always one dickhead that reaches for the moral high ground with little substance.

Wrinkly has got it right :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 pm

You sound like the US hawks during Vietnam; "one more push", "we're almost there", "we can't give up".

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

You sound like the US hawks during Vietnam; "one more push", "we're almost there", "we can't give up".

Instead of sniping Boris give us your almighty opinion, trust you will be on your usual high horse?

:old: :old:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Instead of sniping Boris give us your almighty opinion, trust you will be on your usual high horse?

:old: :old:

I blame America's shameful interventionist foreign policy, always trying to play the peace doctor. On our side I blame the "special relationship".

All in all, we should have left Afghan years ago.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:02 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

Then they retreated out of Vietnam. :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Exactly ;)

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:07 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Exactly ;)

To be honest, I think we should stay in Afghan until the country is completely secured. I don't mean Tellytubbies (Taliban) and Al Qaeda completely destroyed, wishful thinking, I mean training and equipping Afghanistan with a well trained and well equipped fighting force capable of fighting off insurgents.

I've seen videos where British and American troops have said that NATO should stay longer after 2014.