Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Samsung Galaxy 3 Or Iphone 4s

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Which one is the better phone and why, looking to get one or the other, advice please.

Re: O/T Samsung Galaxy 3 Or Iphone 4s

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 pm

iPhone 5 out in 2 weeks

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Had the iphone for 2 years now got s3 last week

Only one winner in my eyes now........S3 :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 pm

If its iPhone 4S then I wouldnt think twice about getting the Galaxy S3 but if you wait for the iPhone 5 then that's a closer match.

I've got the S2 which is a super phone but fancying a change over to the Apple club for the iPhone 5.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm

The S3, without a doubt. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 pm

s3 all day long

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 am

IPhone 5 all day long :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:37 am

The newest Lumia and then with the money saved over go and use it in a brothel.

I say that as an iPhone 4 user who will happily keep this phone for another 4-5 years before upgrading. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 am

iPhone much more user friendly and has a more 'soild' feel.

For me, whilst a good bit of kit, I prefer the iPhone. S3 feels 'plasticky', too big in my pocket and lacks the quality of the apps (no game centre). You will however get a better deal/contract with the S3.

S3 direct competitor is the iPhone 5 but expect a wait for it if pre sales sell out.

At the end of the day both are good phones and 'fansboys' of each will slag the other off all day long. Get yourself to carphone warehouse and try them both out then make your choice.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 am

I am always amazed by questions like this and how well good marketing will always win over. As a salesman told me once - sell the sizzle not the sausage. Apple have taken a mediocre phone and managed to convince the masses to part with way more money than it is worth compared to other phones on the market.

To compare the iPhone 4 with the S2 is like comparing Scunthorpe with Barcelona. Since I'm struggling to think of a side better than Barca, I can't then compare an iphone to the S3.

At the end of the day it depends what you want - a good phone or good marketing. Fact is iphone is mid table. There are lots of phones out there that are better.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 am

iPhone 4S.

Can barely get my hand around the S3.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 am

Jobs is dead, Apple are dying to.

The fact they felt the need to change the number of pins in the charging port and render all docking stations and ports obselete proves they dont give a f**k about the customer, the fact they are charging people £25 for an adaptor they should provide for free as some people have spent thousands on Apple products that cant be used anymore without it.

The iphone 5 launch was pathetic, can someone point something out in it that other smartphones dont have already?

Apple used to be at the front on innovation, not anymore!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks for the advice, ive gone for the Galaxy 3, just hope ive made a good choice. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm

nobby wrote:Which one is the better phone and why, looking to get one or the other, advice please.

Neither at the moment,

1. The Samsung is just that a Samsung and are a nightmare to get fixed in insurence as you have to send it away and all that stuff.
2.The 4s is still overpriced (I have one from the day it came out) and because the 5 is out you will see it drop loads in the coming months.
3. Iphone 5 wait untill the next IOS is out not 6 but 7. IOS 6 was designed with the 4s in mind because it does all what the 42 is capable of as it was configuired forthe 4s. IOS 7 will be out and will be designed with the Iphone 5 in mind.

As a apple fan boy :D my advise would be wait and see in the next 6 months you will have an idea of the new galaxy and the iPhone 5 will come in to its own and be cheaper.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:51 pm

HTC all the way.................IPHONE is for faggots and the samsung is renowned for being the 'Phone of the Lesbian'

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:15 pm

S2 smashes the iphone 4 seriously
and now the s3 is about to beat the iphone 5
s3 all the way

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Jobs is dead, Apple are dying to.

The fact they felt the need to change the number of pins in the charging port and render all docking stations and ports obselete proves they dont give a f**k about the customer, the fact they are charging people £25 for an adaptor they should provide for free as some people have spent thousands on Apple products that cant be used anymore without it.

The iphone 5 launch was pathetic, can someone point something out in it that other smartphones dont have already?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19629141

Doesn't sound like a company dying to me!

$700 A SHARE! :o

2 million pre orders for iPhone 5 in 24 hours!! :o

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Gonzo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Jobs is dead, Apple are dying to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19629141

Doesn't sound like a company dying to me!

$700 A SHARE! :o

2 million pre orders for iPhone 5 in 24 hours!! :o

It is!

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/14/mobile-ph ... are-sales/

the important bit:

In the second quarter of 2012, Samsung’s mobile phone sales remained very strong — up 29.5 percent from the second quarter of 2011 (see Table 1), and managed to extend its lead over both Apple and Nokia quarter on quarter. This quarter’s growth was driven by record sales of Galaxy smartphones, meaning smartphones now account for 50.4 percent of all Samsung mobile devices, or 45.6 million units. Demand for the new Galaxy S3 was particularly strong, exceeding Samsung’s own expectations, with a reported 10 million units reached in the two months after its release. The Galaxy S3 was the best-selling Android product in the quarter and could have been higher but for product shortages.

In the second quarter of 2012, consumer demand for the Apple iPhone weakened as sales fell 12.6 percent from the first quarter of 2012, but grew 47.4 percent year on year. Depending on the exact launch date of the new iPhone, Apple might experience another weaker-than-usual quarter in the third quarter of 2012, while Apple will be ready to take advantage of the strong holiday sales in North America and Western Europe that have historically remained immune to economic pressure.

“Samsung and Apple continued to dominate the smartphone market, together taking about half the market share, and widening the gap to other manufacturers. No other smartphone vendors had share close to 10 percent,” Mr. Anshul said. “In the race to be top smartphone manufacturer in 2012, Samsung has consistently increased its lead over Apple, and its open OS market share increased to one-and-a-half times that of Apple in the second quarter of 2012.”

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Where in that article does it say apple is dying? I'm talking about $$$ not fanboy 'my Android is better than your iPhone' bollocks.

Apple is the most valuable company EVER.

Shares trading at $700 is remarkable.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/money/markets/s ... 57782086/1

Cha ching!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I was an apple fanboy as you put it for years and years.

Im not talking market value of the company, im talking about innovative products. Apple are reknown for aggressive marketing, doesnt always make the product better.

Ive sampled both, the s3 blows the iphone out the water......Apple have nothing new to offer anymore.

Its no coincidence when jobs left apple they almost folded, he came back and made them what they are today. Now hes gone, they will soon begin to falter, the man was a visionary and cant be replaced.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:I was an apple fanboy as you put it for years and years.

Im not talking market value of the company, im talking about innovative products. Apple are reknown for aggressive marketing, doesnt always make the product better.

Ive sampled both, the s3 blows the iphone out the water......Apple have nothing new to offer anymore.

Its no coincidence when jobs left apple they almost folded, he came back and made them what they are today. Now hes gone, they will soon begin to falter, the man was a visionary and cant be replaced.

Not worth me asking if you think I should get the S3 over the iPhone 5 then? :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:19 pm

I've had every model of iphone.

Sampled the S3 - now there's no going back for me. :ayatollah: