Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Change up front ?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 pm

The last two games 5 goals (4 direct from set pieces),none from our 2 up front.Do we need a change in personel ie;maynard/mason,maynard/bellamy.helgarson/velonijker,or let our current two carry on! Im all for keeping the 4-4-2 but maybe a little tinkering,Whats your thoughts ?

Re: Change up front ?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 pm

no

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Not at the moment!

I feel it has the right balance to it as it is with helguson battling and winning balls and being an aerial threat and Maynard pulling defences all over the shop.......Once they really click them pair will get goals :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 pm

I'd start mason against millwall and give helgarson a rest on the bench. Think maynard and mason will work really well together

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 pm

timdog80 wrote:Not at the moment!

I feel it has the right balance to it as it is with helguson battling and winning balls and being an aerial threat and Maynard pulling defences all over the shop.......Once they really click them pair will get goals :ayatollah:

agreed, theyve played less than 180 mins together.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm

If it's the same after another two matches I'd say change it but right now Maynard's not 100% match fit and as said above it's bn less than 3 hours spent together on the pitch.

They will improve.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm

llanrumney'boi wrote:I'd start mason against millwall and give helgarson a rest on the bench. Think maynard and mason will work really well together

Both too small and weak. Maynard said he likes working off a big man.

At least I think I heard him say "Working" :?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:36 pm

As long as we are scoring then it's no problem.

Maynard has been unlucky and helguson should have had a couple but it will come.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Maynard was involved in both goals yesterday

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm

If we are right up there in Jan id like to see us break the bank for Charlie Austin

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:If we are right up there in Jan id like to see us break the bank for Charlie Austin

Agreed. He was my number one strike target after Jay Rodriguez went to Southampton.

I can't see Burnley wanting to let him go thought. They don't need the money and have just lost one star striker last window, can't see them wanting to lose another next one.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:If we are right up there in Jan id like to see us break the bank for Charlie Austin

Who :lol: