Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordon Mutch

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:57 pm

What's your opinion on him. I feel in the past with a 4-4-2 if we had Whittingham in the middle we could get over run there a bit too much. I believe he played awesome yesterday and he seems to have been a daddy longlegs in his previous life. One tackle I didn't think he'd reach but he proved me wrong. He also appears to have a good engine and is not afraid to get stuck in or shoot. He never put them on target but I believe he'll grab a few goals if he's persistent. He may not be the most talked about signing with others maybe taking the limelight, but I'm really excited to see how well he does for us. Having Gunnarsson to come on off the bench also has me excited.

Re: Jordon Mutch

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Great player, great signing. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I don't even think he is fit yet...... :D

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Creates time on the ball - sign of a good player

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:08 pm

I thought he had his best game for us yesterday

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 pm

I just had to double-check.

he really is only 20 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great engine. Great feet. Great tackler. Good in the air. Good vision. Good ball carrier.

This lad is THE signing for us in my opinion.

Yep, says TA, checking again... he really is only 20 :D

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Very pleased with him :D Reminds me of a tall Michael Carrick :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Reminds me of Carrick wins it dont give it away gets forward wen he should defends when he should.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Tommy Smith is another one for me,very consistant every game.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:This lad is THE signing for us in my opinion.

I agree with you there, but its a long season and opinions can change but I'm really happy so far.

BOWMAN wrote:Very pleased with him :D Reminds me of a tall Michael Carrick :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He reminds me of Michael Carrick as well, although I think they're both the same height. He does seems taller than the 6ft he's meant to be though.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

premier league bound along with the rest of our squad ... i can only see one weak link but until he costs us big time i aint even going to mention him because i love this team!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:25 pm

taffyapple wrote:I just had to double-check.

he really is only 20 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great engine. Great feet. Great tackler. Good in the air. Good vision. Good ball carrier.

This lad is THE signing for us in my opinion.

Yep, says TA, checking again... he really is only 20 :D

Agree with all that, besides his tackling, let's just say he enjoys the occassional lunge :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 pm

A good old fashion lunge never hurt anyb....

Scrap that.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Hasn't got it, we have a stable of midfielders who are not getting a shout so we don't know who else to compare him too playing in the current team in his position. Would like to see what Kimbo has to offer.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 pm

AberdareCCFC1966 wrote:Hasn't got it, we have a stable of midfielders who are not getting a shout so we don't know who else to compare him too playing in the current team in his position. Would like to see what Kimbo has to offer.

He's the best Centre Midfielder I've seen here since Gary O'Neill

Kim Bo is NEVER going to be in the centre of midfield?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 pm

taffyapple wrote:
AberdareCCFC1966 wrote:Hasn't got it, we have a stable of midfielders who are not getting a shout so we don't know who else to compare him too playing in the current team in his position. Would like to see what Kimbo has to offer.

He's the best Centre Midfielder I've seen here since Gary O'Neill

Kim Bo is NEVER going to be in the centre of midfield?

Ha ha fantastic, never heard a better one all day :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 pm

I believe Gunnarsson and Kiss are the only guys who can play a similar role and I'd say off what I've seen so far he's better than them. Gunnarsson gave away the freekick for the goal, and I don't find him as imposing as Mutch. Not to say we should rule either of them out, but I believe Mutch deserves his place off his last performance. Whittingham and Kim Bo-Kyung would most likely be too lightweight in the middle. Not seen much of Kim but he seems to be more of an attacking outlet rather than an all action midfielder.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm

I told my mate last year that he was a player to watch out for, quality, surprised he was taken off yesterday because he was starting to control the game. Similar to Gunnar but i think he got that little bit of extra class which is great because i think Gunnar would get into most championship teams

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm

An excellent signing, been impressed with him so far :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 pm

The only downside to his play so far is sometimes he shoots from too far out when he should try to retain possession and be more patient. However in time I think he will learn this or score. Either way, I and many others will be happy. A minor negative to be fair. Its not as if he's consistently giving it away and we concede on the break. Very good player IMO.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: