Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I am loving the football, how can you not, but

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:3 home games, 3 victories, quality football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am loving the football how can you not, but I still worry about how our debt is increasing day by day and I know the majority of fans are not interested in that side of our football club, but I am, because I dont want to see us like Rangers,Pompey or even Coventry C.

This needs sorting ASAP.

And dont bother to blame just Sam, it takes two parties to sort this out and remember most have stated VT has got Sam cornered and is so powerful etc, then therefore VT should be able to sort it out as he is so powerful and lets be honest this is the most important deal in our clubs history, as then VT says he will make us debt free.

The reason why I am bringing this all up, is there are no more meetings arranged between them and when I or others are quiet on the situation, we get slaughtered for it. Also I am very worried for our clubs future, say what you want, but I have the clubs best interest at heart.

At the moment there seems to be a stand-off and unless sorted there will only be one loser our club.

Thats all I care about and thats all I want is a debt free club, not one £90 odd mill in debt.

Be honest, are any of you worried?

Do you just care about who we bring in on the playing field?

Im not worried anymore theres nothing i can do and nothing will change by me worrying about it..
Years ago cardiff city was my life now its just a hobby :ayatollah:

Jinks, I think youve hit the nail on the head, since I had a family, Cardiff is now only a hobby and since the rebrand they mean even less to me, years ago they were a major part of my life, SPOT ON Jinks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis i get more enjoyment watching my son play for merthyr town and my daughter dancing than i do watching cardiff city these days.
Years ago if we lost it would spoil my week or until we won next which could have been weeks/months :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 am

Football is a monopoly these days in British football and unfortunately the fans are rarely asked to play. Sad but true.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:48 am

I think most are worryed the only ones that i know who do not care about it is the new breeds who started watching us over the last 2-3 years or the red shirt wearing teenies ive spoke to that i know. Thats all i wanted sorted was this debt to be honest f**k the players on the field because they couldnt really care less if the club run itself to the ground aslong as there getting there big coin on a weekely basis. I would rather a future thats a 100% certain than a team costing whatever it is but this is not the case we just roll with whats going on as thats all we can do, rite now im loving the style of football but it will only sugar coat what really matters to most for so long once the football turns sour again. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 am

bluebird1977 wrote:I think most are worryed the only ones that i know who do not care about it is the new breeds who started watching us over the last 2-3 years or the red shirt wearing teenies ive spoke to that i know. Thats all i wanted sorted was this debt to be honest f**k the players on the field because they couldnt really care less if the club run itself to the ground aslong as there getting there big coin on a weekely basis. I would rather a future thats a 100% certain than a team costing whatever it is but this is not the case we just roll with whats going on as thats all we can do, rite now im loving the style of football but it will only sugar coat what really matters to most for so long once the football turns sour again. :ayatollah:

I think most are concerned, not worried.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 am

Since we have turned RED i have her numerous statements about how much money we owe, could someone tell me what our overall debt is?

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 am

SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:I think most are worryed the only ones that i know who do not care about it is the new breeds who started watching us over the last 2-3 years or the red shirt wearing teenies ive spoke to that i know. Thats all i wanted sorted was this debt to be honest f**k the players on the field because they couldnt really care less if the club run itself to the ground aslong as there getting there big coin on a weekely basis. I would rather a future thats a 100% certain than a team costing whatever it is but this is not the case we just roll with whats going on as thats all we can do, rite now im loving the style of football but it will only sugar coat what really matters to most for so long once the football turns sour again. :ayatollah:

I think most are concerned, not worried.

I would say worried more due to debt being promised to be turned to equity before at EGM two season ago and it didnt happen as promised so who knows. Vt has to much tied up now i would say so somethings got to give if he wants a return. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am

I Bleed Blue wrote:Of course people are worried but we can't do anything, it's up to the men at the top to sort out our debt problems, all we can do is support our team :ayatollah:

agreed,but do you not think we gave up an awful lot for the so called debt free scenario.....which feels like a total sell out by the malaysians :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 am

Surely the MAJOR point is IF he converts his Debt to Equity

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:02 am

I cant see VT/TG walking away anytime soon, we are never going to be debt free , so £100 m, £50m or £10m it doesn't matter as long as our owners are happy, and they can see that progress is being made.
The £100m debt is not our debt, we just are there to support the club and enjoy the football (which I am ) Its Mr Tan's debt .
He as a master plan, He's the billionaire, He's the one who makes the money, in amounts that we cant even imagine.
So our owner and his partners run the financial side, our manager and his assistants run the football side, and the team perform on the pitch. I think they are all doing at this moment in time a very good job, also the future looks bright.
So enjoy the moment,and look forward to the future. If it all goes pear shape, well we've been there before.

this is a quote I once heard "if you spend too much time worrying about tomorrow you don't enjoy today" :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 am

I am loving the football how can you not

That really depends - The Football we played against Huddersfield was crap , we were dire for the 1st Half against Leeds (and that's looking over what a poor and bare Squad they have) . We played really good against Wolves though - I give us that, but at the end of the day a win is a win , but its hardly what one could call quality Football imo and has for the Debt - To me that's just the sad 'keep Cardiff blue' lots having a little stir and losing their battle big time .

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:30 pm

smilebit wrote:
I am loving the football how can you not

That really depends - The Football we played against Huddersfield was crap , we were dire for the 1st Half against Leeds (and that's looking over what a poor and bare Squad they have) . We played really good against Wolves though - I give us that, but at the end of the day a win is a win , but its hardly what one could call quality Football imo and has for the Debt - To me that's just the sad 'keep Cardiff blue' lots having a little stir and losing their battle big time .

To be fair Leeds come and set about spoiling 1st half and we did well to change it 2nd half.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
To be fair Leeds come and set about spoiling 1st half and we did well to change it 2nd half.

We did , but we've hardly been playing great Football and Leeds are a real poor team this year , with hardly any depth and a poor bench . No-one really cares because we won and its looks like the team are still gelling which is a positive going forward .My problem was why did Malky bring on his love child Cowie and not Bo-Kyung - but that's a small complaint granted

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Of course we're worried about it, but no one can do anything to get it sorted any quicker.

Fans just have to enjoy the quality football being played on the pitch for now.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:Annis, it will only be a problem if we don't go up.

We go up, 90 million quid better off, Sam is paid, everything's rosy.

We don't go up, we're in trouble.

90 million is if you win the play offs though..?

I don't think so. When they say its the £90million game, they mean you'll be playing in the Prem. Thus, once season in the Prem, equals £90mil +

90mil is total monies including parachute payments! believe swans got about 50mil last season, next season its worth about 65mil before parachute payments,

Its currently £37m in guaranteed TV money for finishing bottom. This will go up hugely to £61m from next season. Then there is an additional £720k for each place above bottom you finish which is why Swansea did so well income wise. On top of that is all the matchday income such as gatemoney , catering ,plus advertising and sponsorship.

If you get relegated from the Premier , you get £16m for each of the next 2 seasons in parachute payments followed by a further 2 years of £8m a season.