Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I am loving the football, how can you not, but

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:14 pm

3 home games, 3 victories, quality football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am loving the football how can you not, but I still worry about how our debt is increasing day by day and I know the majority of fans are not interested in that side of our football club, but I am, because I dont want to see us like Rangers,Pompey or even Coventry C.

This needs sorting ASAP.

And dont bother to blame just Sam, it takes two parties to sort this out and remember most have stated VT has got Sam cornered and is so powerful etc, then therefore VT should be able to sort it out as he is so powerful and lets be honest this is the most important deal in our clubs history, as then VT says he will make us debt free.

The reason why I am bringing this all up, is there are no more meetings arranged between them and when I or others are quiet on the situation, we get slaughtered for it. Also I am very worried for our clubs future, say what you want, but I have the clubs best interest at heart.

At the moment there seems to be a stand-off and unless sorted there will only be one loser our club.

Thats all I care about and thats all I want is a debt free club, not one £90 odd mill in debt.

Be honest, are any of you worried?

Do you just care about who we bring in on the playing field?

Re: I am loving the football, how can you not, but

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Of course people are worried but we can't do anything, it's up to the men at the top to sort out our debt problems, all we can do is support our team :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:21 pm

people are worried, but i only stress about something that i can help or change the outcome, i can not do either, of course we are worried but a lot of us are just trying to think about the football, not the fact that if it all goes tits up this could be one of our last seasons watching the city :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:21 pm

It worries me. We need promotion this season for financial reasons more than anything else. I think club see this also. This season is massive to us, and i dread to think of failing this season and the consequences. Pressure on!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm

I thought there were meetings scheduled for mid sept

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm

As fans we should concentrate on supporting the manager and the team the rest of it we simply cannot affect one way or the other.

Why worry about something we cannot change or influence in any way.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I thought there were meetings scheduled for mid sept

i think annis said we "might" start talks again mid sept.. obviously didnt happen unfortunately :(

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Annis If your not loving the style of play we are producing there must be something wrong with you. Against a good Wolves side we could have had 4 or 5 more goals. Yesterday without Paddy Kenny they would have been murdered. Fair play to Paddy Kenny he joined in the banter thrown at him.

But the debt is a huge concern. VT could walk away from the club if the Langston issue is not resolved shortly. To be fair to the current board they have put their money where their mouth is and we have a side full of quality and yesterday we had a bench full of quality.

CB goal was pure class and set up a great result for us. To be fair the goal they got was superb but we dug in and deserved the win. For me Mark Hudson was head and shoulders above everyone and shouls have been awarded MOM.

Roll on Tuesday and Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:48 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Annis If your not loving the style of play we are producing there must be something wrong with you. Against a good Wolves side we could have had 4 or 5 more goals. Yesterday without Paddy Kenny they would have been murdered. Fair play to Paddy Kenny he joined in the banter thrown at him.

But the debt is a huge concern. VT could walk away from the club if the Langston issue is not resolved shortly. To be fair to the current board they have put their money where their mouth is and we have a side full of quality and yesterday we had a bench full of quality.

CB goal was pure class and set up a great result for us. To be fair the goal they got was superb but we dug in and deserved the win. For me Mark Hudson was head and shoulders above everyone and shouls have been awarded MOM.

Roll on Tuesday and Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think you better READ MY POST AGAIN.

My post

3 home games, 3 victories, quality football.

I am loving the football how can you not

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Man United have debt. So do Chelsea, Liverpool, Blackburn, Leicester City, Man City and any other club that has foreign owners.

Very few clubs actually operate on a profit and have zero debt. If Leicesters, Watfords or QPRs owners pulled out...they'd be up shit creek without a paddle too.

Worrying about our level of debt is pointless. Most football clubs are in the exact same situation as us. There is nothing we can do about it. Not saying its right and not saying its wrong. I'm just saying the topic is getting boring now. We are not unique. Its just how football is now.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:3 home games, 3 victories, quality football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am loving the football how can you not, but I still worry about how our debt is increasing day by day and I know the majority of fans are not interested in that side of our football club, but I am, because I dont want to see us like Rangers,Pompey or even Coventry C.

This needs sorting ASAP.

And dont bother to blame just Sam, it takes two parties to sort this out and remember most have stated VT has got Sam cornered and is so powerful etc, then therefore VT should be able to sort it out as he is so powerful and lets be honest this is the most important deal in our clubs history, as then VT says he will make us debt free.

The reason why I am bringing this all up, is there are no more meetings arranged between them and when I or others are quiet on the situation, we get slaughtered for it. Also I am very worried for our clubs future, say what you want, but I have the clubs best interest at heart.

At the moment there seems to be a stand-off and unless sorted there will only be one loser our club.

Thats all I care about and thats all I want is a debt free club, not one £90 odd mill in debt.

As fans i would think most of us are worried about our debt, but also as fans we are not in control to do anything about paying off the clubs debt, that is down to VT. all we can do is support the team and fill our stadium, we can all talk about what the club should do to pay off the debt but we have no power what so ever, that is all down to the owner and i'm sure he will make the right decisions when they need to be made. And i'm loving the football so far :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Annis sorry I meant anyone not just you. I know you love the style of play the team are producing as I am. I do worry about he debt and like you I fear for the future of our beloved club if the Langston situation cannot be resolved.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:06 pm

There's nothing us fans can do about it it's upto Sam and VT so what's the point in worrying there's too many other thingsin this world to worry about so I'm just enjoying the football

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Its not the number we need to worry about, its who we owe the money to ?

There's a big difference to owing £100K to Freddy the loan shark or the Principality Building Society, who do we owe the money to? We know the taxman takes no prisoners nowadays, so keep them happy and we are fine. Sam loves the club so he won't take us to court (or threaten) :lol: :lol: :lol: and then there is Ray Ranson, but that's not massive.

Just loving the football.........

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 pm

castleblue wrote:As fans we should concentrate on supporting the manager and the team the rest of it we simply cannot affect one way or the other.

Why worry about something we cannot change or influence in any way.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Absolutely spot on.

If I thought worrying would help our club I would do it religiously. :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:3 home games, 3 victories, quality football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This needs sorting ASAP.

Im not worried anymore theres nothing i can do and nothing will change by me worrying about it..
Years ago cardiff city was my life now its just a hobby :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

This needs sorting ASAP.

Im not worried anymore theres nothing i can do and nothing will change by me worrying about it..
Years ago cardiff city was my life now its just a hobby :ayatollah:

Jinks, I think youve hit the nail on the head, since I had a family, Cardiff is now only a hobby and since the rebrand they mean even less to me, years ago they were a major part of my life, SPOT ON Jinks. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:04 pm

The good thing is - we keep playing the quality football, and keep winning at home, we keep the fans happy, they will continue to come and pour money into the club while we keep winning and working our way into the premier league - and then..... Well, the debts will look far more unimportant once we are up there.

Then those big lads, in shirts, ties and carrying clipboards and briefcases can go do what they do best. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Just enjoy it Annis. You could win the lottery then moan you didnt win the Euromillions. :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Annis, are you sure cardiff city means less to you after the rebrand? I browsed this site for 18 mths before i joined and i got to say that passion like yours dont wane over a change of colour. Cardiff city is what unites you all and is that not what it is all about

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I thought there were meetings scheduled for mid sept

There was supposed to be one this weekend, but Sam postponed it till the end of the month.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... -31837491/

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Why worry, you can't do anything about it, can you?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Annis, it will only be a problem if we don't go up.

We go up, 90 million quid better off, Sam is paid, everything's rosy.

We don't go up, we're in trouble.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Annis, it will only be a problem if we don't go up.

90 million is if you win the play offs though..?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:17 pm

bleed_blue wrote:

No it isnt :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:19 pm

bleed_blue wrote:

I don't think so. When they say its the £90million game, they mean you'll be playing in the Prem. Thus, once season in the Prem, equals £90mil +

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm

We goup,90millioquibetter ofpaid,everything's rosy.

We don't go up, we're in trouble.[/quote]

I'm sorry but it's naive to think everything will be okay if we go up. 100million won't just disappear. Pompey we're ddin the Prem when their wheels came off.

Our only hope is for VT to convert the debt to equity as promised.

If that doesn't happen then at some point it will hit the fan.

BTW, I'm LOVING the football!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm

We goup,90millioquibetter ofpaid,everything's rosy.

We don't go up, we're in trouble.[/quote]

I'm sorry but it's naive to think everything will be okay if we go up. 100million won't just disappear. Pompey we're ddin the Prem when their wheels came off.

BTW, I'm LOVING the football!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Halifax93 wrote:We goup,90millioquibetter ofpaid,everything's rosy.

BTW, I'm LOVING the football![/quote]

Pompey were fleeced by a succession of terrible owners...

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:

I don't think so. When they say its the £90million game, they mean you'll be playing in the Prem. Thus, once season in the Prem, equals £90mil +

90mil is total monies including parachute payments! believe swans got about 50mil last season, next season its worth about 65mil before parachute payments,