Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who should be next Welsh manager?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 pm

I can't really see the FAW sacking Coleman, but who would you want to replace him if they did?

Re: Who should be next Welsh manager?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Someone with experience of continental football.

SLAVEN BILIC probably not on high wages but has the experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaven_Bili%C4%87 :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Lars Lagerback - the current Iceland manager.

Was in charge of the Swedish national team from 2000-09, and took them to the World Cup in 2002 where they won a group consisting of themselves, England, Argentina and Nigeria.

He has the experience and, despite being in his mid-60's, I'm sure he would be able to calm things down in the Wales national camp.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:42 pm

David Blaine

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Unfortunately the FAW are idiots and won't let anyone manage Wales unless they're Welsh.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:56 pm

not strictly true, mike smith and bobby gould...

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Jollffe wrote:Lars Lagerback - the current Iceland manager.

Was in charge of the Swedish national team from 2000-09, and took them to the World Cup in 2002 where they won a group consisting of themselves, England, Argentina and Nigeria.

He has the experience and, despite being in his mid-60's, I'm sure he would be able to calm things down in the Wales national camp.

1. He was vying with others including Speed for the job after Toshack went but Speed eventually became manager; a decision that was later vindicated. And with him now in a good job managing Iceland, why would he drop that and come to us?

2. Would he inspire the players like Speed did? Don't think so. He's about the same age as Toshack, and though he's probably a better manager than Toshack, he's still an elderly manager like Toshack.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Harry Redknapp for me

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Harry Redknap

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:03 pm

We need someone young who will inspire the players and want to play fluent passing football like what Speed was building. He was playing football the right way!

Speed was building something here. For the first time in years we were playing with real confidence and tearing teams apart who were pretty good sides. Speed was building something real special and the players responded to him. We want someone Welsh because we are Wales.

Under Speed we looked a real class act and we were absolutely soaring. I had a feeling as soon as Coleman was brought in everything that Gary Speed had started to build would just fall apart, I just haven't had any confidence in Coleman since day one. He needs to be out NOW.

In answer to the question. I would try and bring in someone like Robbie Savage. I would say Giggs but he never looked like he was really interested in Wales when he played for us. I don't want Bellamy either because although I think it would be a good appointment and he ticks all the boxes it would be too much to ask for him at the moment because he is still playing and we need the best out of him as long as we can get it.
So right now I would have to go with Robbie Savage!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:09 pm

David Marshall :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm

DYNAMO THE MAGICIAN :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Someone like Laudrup would have been ideal.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:Harry Redknapp for me

FAW don't have a pot to piss in, Harry's wages alone would be colossal.

:old:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:Harry Redknapp for me

FAW don't have a pot to piss in, Harry's wages alone would be colossal.

:old:

Not to forget the annual payment into his dogs bank account in Monaco. No way the FAW could afford that. :o

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:29 pm

If we have no money which it seems we dont then for now id replace Coleman with Kit Symonds, his rep at Fulham was supposed to be decent. Maybe bring in Flynn to give him a hand.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I think I could do a good job, I have vast managerial experience and have won the euro championships on Tracksuit Manager on the Spectrum 48k, I might go for it should the vacancy arrive. Subbuteoman will flick some of the Welsh FA into shape also :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:31 pm

I've said for a while.

BRYAN FLYNN.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Can't see Flynny ever being back in the picture after being let go after all his work tbh.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:36 pm

jooshy wrote:Can't see Flynny ever being back in the picture after being let go after all his work tbh.

Silly me, I keep forgetting the FAW have absolute no idea what they are doing.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Jurgen Klinsmann or Glenn Hoddle

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm

JOSE MOURINHO!?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:32 pm

we need Dynamo and he would have his work cut out

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm

glenn hoddle or terry venables

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm with Baz give it to 'Arry! :o :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 pm

I would have loved for Coleman to have made a better fist of it, as a Welsh fan, but so far has failed. most fans said he would. Coleman did not to have much support from the fans,players,such as, Bale and Ramsey said they would like consistency and keep the( then ) management team together as they liked the direction Speed was taken them in. Costa Rica was a game Coleman got away with and we have gone backwards since. His remarks about Bellamy before the Serbia game, must have in my opinion was about not caring about Craig or his circumstances, in private it may have been different,but he came across as being uncompromisable,and uncaring, because Craig was not playing on the forthcoming game, his remarks about the Golden boys generation after the game in Serbia, must have alienate some of the younger players,and feel his remarks has not gone down well with some of the younger players, I think he his coming across as a young Toshack, without the experience or credabillty, he may look like Jocam Lowe on the side lines (German manager) but comes across like Arthur Mullard :D :D :D

Dave Jones, he could manage our expectations, after all. what do we know about football in this part of the world, and playing England/Scotland would just be another game,but in all seriousness I would bring back Dutch Ray, and Ryan ( injured for Wales) Giggs

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Owain wrote:I can't really see the FAW sacking Coleman, but who would you want to replace him if they did?

get harry rednapp in! director of football at bourmouth ffs

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Sean Dyche would do a good job, very unlucky to be sacked by Watford

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Owain wrote:I can't really see the FAW sacking Coleman, but who would you want to replace him if they did?

Agree with you Owain,i can't see the FAW sacking him,and to get rid of Flynn was just shocking as the U21 coach.

Here is a list of the front runners if Coleman was to go -

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Personally I'd give it to Flynn, but I'd love Redknapp.

But as mentioned above Sean Dyche wouldn't be a bad appointment, did really well at Watford with virtually no budget