Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALI - SIMON INSOLE ANNOUNCEMENT

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 am

Now this isnt a thread meant to be disrespectful to SImon Insole, or his grieving family, but was there any need for Ali to be so totally overdramatic in his announcement yesterday?

To claim that Simon was as, or more, important than any footballer who had taken to the field for Cardiff City or Wales is just an absolute utterly ridiculous thing to say.

Yes he was "old school and fair" as Ali said, and quite decent for a copper as some of them are right bastards as many of us can testify, but lets not over egg the pudding and claim he was one of Cardiff Citys most important historical figures.

Lets have some perspective here. Not even Eddie May had a send off or as many minutes tribute as yesterday.

I used to like Ali but I think hes just become a charicature of himself. He should remember on times hes just a bloody PA.

RIP Simon and thoughts with your family. Devastating to see his young son being consoled yesterday.

Re: ALI - SIMON INSOLE ANNOUNCEMENT

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Now this isnt a thread meant to be disrespectful to SImon Insole, or his grieving family, but was there any need for Ali to be so totally overdramatic in his announcement yesterday?

To claim that Simon was as, or more, important than any footballer who had taken to the field for Cardiff City or Wales is just an absolute utterly ridiculous thing to say.

Yes he was "old school and fair" as Ali said, and quite decent for a copper as some of them are right bastards as many of us can testify, but lets not over egg the pudding and claim he was one of Cardiff Citys most important historical figures.

Lets have some perspective here. Not even Eddie May had a send off or as many minutes tribute as yesterday.

I used to like Ali but I think hes just become a charicature of himself. He should remember on times hes just a bloody PA.

RIP Simon and thoughts with your family. Devastating to see his young son being consoled yesterday.

Agreed to a point. He did an outstanding job in his role. Yesterday, I felt was a little over the top by Ali.

Please don't see this point as disrespecting Mr. Insole either. Others may have thought this, but felt they would have been pilloried for airing it.
Last edited by Barry Chuckle on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

Sometimes saying nothing is best.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:Sometimes saying nothing is best.

This

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:Sometimes saying nothing is best.

Agree