Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONFUSING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 am

Yesterday was the first opportunity I have had to go down this season and tbh seeing the lads in the red kit was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to feel.

End of the day you watch the football, you cheer your team on, and playing football as well as we did 2nd half yesterday, you just forget the colour.

However, down on the concourse and up in the stands pre-game and half time when not being distracted by the football its all very confusing. Red, black, gold, blue and yellow kits / scarfs, that horrendous badge :twisted: and blue stadium with cheap "Malaysian" billboards in red its just a mess. The "Malaysia" billboard right above the tunnel is a pisstake to be honest.

Its almost until the game kicks off it doesnt feel like Cardiff City anymore but hey, keep playing like we did yesterday then we just have to suck it up.

On the field 1st hafl I thought was same old, same old, shit atmosphere, pedestrian football. 2nd half though, great stuff, I always said attacking football will get the crowd going and in turn crowd responded, and it was a decent atmosphere.

Thought Noone was unlucky to be substituted. Weve waited a long time for a player to get us on the edge of our seasts and I think weve finally found him. :ayatollah:

Re: CONFUSING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:22 am

Completeley agree. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:29 pm

The ground looks an absolute mess like you say, the mix of colours is ridiculous. What annoys me is that they should just grow a pair and either go all out red (seating, stadium etc) or stick to blue at home. I HATE this half-hearted approach, because you simply cannot please everyone and it just looks shambolic.

However, very good second half and a great 3 points.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I think the reason they're not making everything red is because they know we'll eventually go back to blue.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I think the reason they're not making everything red is because they know we'll eventually go back to blue.

Which begs the question, what's the f***ing point?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Theres certainly no Feng Shui going on!

Bric a brac of a Stadium.

Im thankful for the investment but is it so bloody necessary to have Malaysia plastered everywhere? Theres more Malaysia advertised than Cardiff City ffs.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Theres certainly no Feng Shui going on!

Bric a brac of a Stadium.

Im thankful for the investment but is it so bloody necessary to have Malaysia plastered everywhere? Theres more Malaysia advertised than Cardiff City ffs.

I don't see the point. Malaysia isn't a product or a brand, and we're hardly going to fly over there because of some boardings.

Miss the days of Braces Bread, Redrow and the odd St David's flag :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah - lets go back to a tin roof with Captain Morgan painted on it for 40 years.

Stop bloody whinging.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:06 pm

wiltshirebluebird wrote:Yeah - lets go back to a tin roof with Captain Morgan painted on it for 40 years.

Stop bloody whinging.

..umm

I questionined the choice of advertisements, which is entirely seperate from the build quality or materials used for the stadium.