Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fans tanking on seats at game yesterday

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

llanrumney'boi wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Apologies for the spelling error in the title - I am on my iPad (that's my excuse anyway)

So if somebody stood ON their seat in front of you and blocked your view totally, you would put it down to having a laugh? I certainly don't.

Haven't read all the thread so don't no if you mentioned it, but did you have a word with them? Ask them to get off the seats cos yor view is being blocked? Or were they all big units who looked like they wouldn't take kindly at being told to step off the seats?

Asked politely - told basically that I'm not a real supporter. Didn't want to argue too much as yes they were rather big units!! :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Must have been off the bus.

I Di t think people are totally getting my point. It wasn't that they were standing. That's a given in some of the bigger games and atmospheres!

They were standing ON seats, so even though people behind we're standing, we still couldn't see. One fella had a 11 year old lad who saw nothing all game.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Splottoman wrote:No it wouldn't bother me. I'd get up and stand on my seat. If you don't want people standing go in a different part of the ground. There's no difference to being really short and having someone really tall stood in front of you. You'd have to stand on your seat in that instance.

There is no need for them to stand on their seat. This is in the 9th row of the ground, meaning the majority of the stand would have to stand on their seats, just so these 10 chaps want to do so?

There is no logic in your ideas that it's okay to do this.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Ha ha! I am everyone's carer. I look after them all. We do have a few who could occupy a sunshine bus in Splott!

I'm not packing in the discussion but I have to take my dogs out otherwise they're gonna kill me!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Splottoman wrote:No it wouldn't bother me. I'd get up and stand on my seat. If you don't want people standing go in a different part of the ground. There's no difference to being really short and having someone really tall stood in front of you. You'd have to stand on your seat in that instance.

That made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Mates standing with other mates at the football :shock: ban them for life

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Mates standing with other mates at the football :shock: ban them for life

I think a prison sentance would be more suitable!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm

:withstupid:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Standing on seats? WTF?!?!?

How old are these people? Under the age of 11 fair enough but I cannot believe grown men would want to stand on a seat? How very odd :?

Over twelve is a fully grown man now isit :?

In Merthyr we were down the mines by 11 :old:

8 in ponty :old:

Thats cos you could only count to 8 (8 fingers and thumbs). You were 15 really :old:

cheeky caaant :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Mates standing with other mates at the football :shock: ban them for life

Again, you've not read the post correctly.i am not moaning about people staining in front of me, I'm complaining about the people in front standing ON THEIR SEATS so they are much taller than anyone else. Thus blocking everyone's view, even when standing.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

:withstupid:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Splottoman wrote:Perish the thought! People standing in seats at the football!!!!

This is what's making going down the football boring nowadays. I know I'll get shot down in flames for this but so what?! Let them enjoy themselves! If you take people like that out of the game the atmosphere will be worse than ever.

It used to be said as a joke about the prawn sandwich brigade attaching themselves to the club the further up the leagues you go. Well it's finally happened. Our edge as fans is going if not gone. In that statement I don't mean the violence I mean being perceived as slightly nuts with an attmosphere to boot.

How the f**k does standing on a seat give you edge and make you look nuts?

Standing on seats if you are in your 30/40's makes you look mentally retarded.

:lol: :lol:

I am all for standing at the games (Although I must say at my age I am lagging after the 8th minute) but by f**k if some lunatic stood on his seat in front of me i'd give him a swfit smack with my stick and tell him to pipe down. What sort of normal adult would want to stand on their seats?

Splottman your an idiot to defend these people and I gather you'd be the first to complain if 10 6 ft 4 blokes decided to stand on their seats in front of you. As for people standing on their seats looking intimidating? I'd be laughing my tits off if I went to any away ground and the local remdials were standing on their seats, it's about as threatening as the "Thumbs up".

:old:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Splottoman wrote:Perish the thought! People standing in seats at the football!!!!

This is what's making going down the football boring nowadays. I know I'll get shot down in flames for this but so what?! Let them enjoy themselves! If you take people like that out of the game the atmosphere will be worse than ever.

It used to be said as a joke about the prawn sandwich brigade attaching themselves to the club the further up the leagues you go. Well it's finally happened. Our edge as fans is going if not gone. In that statement I don't mean the violence I mean being perceived as slightly nuts with an attmosphere to boot.

I agree that they should enjoy themselves, but not at the expense of the other fans enjoyment. There are many different type of fans, doesn't mean one type is less important than others. People who are watching the game should at least be able to do the "watching" part of it.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

How the f**k does standing on a seat give you edge and make you look nuts?

Standing on seats if you are in your 30/40's makes you look mentally retarded.

:lol: :lol:

I am all for standing at the games (Although I must say at my age I am lagging after the 8th minute) but by f**k if some lunatic stood on his seat in front of me i'd give him a swfit smack with my stick and tell him to pipe down. What sort of normal adult would want to stand on their seats?

Splottman your an idiot to defend these people and I gather you'd be the first to complain if 10 6 ft 4 blokes decided to stand on their seats in front of you. As for people standing on their seats looking intimidating? I'd be laughing my tits off if I went to any away ground and the local remdials were standing on their seats, it's about as threatening as the "Thumbs up".

:old:

Got to agree with you if someone was standing the seats in front of me on they seats I would ask them once to sit down and if they persist I would kick them in the back of the knees.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 pm

I did ask. A few times. However, unlike you, I'm not an aggressive man.