Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans tanking on seats at game yesterday

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am

Its getting absolutely ridiculous, a group of about 10 chaps who all try to stand throughout the game (making us all stand into the bargain) yesterday started standing on their seats. Meaning everyone behind couldn't see f**k all. Totally ridiculous and I think I shall write to the club.

Despite being asked not to, they didn't stop. Stewards just stand by and do nothing.

Re: Fans tanking on seats at game yesterday

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Its getting absolutely ridiculous, a group of about 10 chaps who all try to stand throughout the game (making us all stand into the bargain) yesterday started standing on their seats. Meaning everyone behind couldn't see f**k all. Totally ridiculous and I think I shall write to the club.

Despite being asked not to, they didn't stop. Stewards just stand by and do nothing.

Is this in the Canton?
Fans are allowed to stand in the Canton. (obviously not on seats though)

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 am

It's in the Ninian Stand - Row I so quite near the front.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 am

If you're in 116/117 then you've got to deal with it or move somewhere else.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 am

JonCCFC wrote:If you're in 116/117 then you've got to deal with it or move somewhere else.

I've got to "deal with" fans standing on seats? I hardly think so. Think you'll find I'm the one in the right & they are in the wrong.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:18 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:If you're in 116/117 then you've got to deal with it or move somewhere else.

I've got to "deal with" fans standing on seats? I hardly think so. Think you'll find I'm the one in the right & they are in the wrong.

For standing on seats that's fair enough you should complain, but if they're just standing then stewards won't do much about it. Our stewards have always been shit since we moved to the CCS.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 am

Not too bothered about the standing. I don't appreciate it when they say we aren't "proper fans" for standing, but then they start standing on the seats?

We asked them nicely so I'm guessing I shall have to send an email to complain.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 am

Standing on seats? WTF?!?!?

How old are these people? Under the age of 11 fair enough but I cannot believe grown men would want to stand on a seat? How very odd :?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:37 am

Oh they are old enough to know better. Mid 30s to early 40s I would say.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Standing on seats? WTF?!?!?

How old are these people? Under the age of 11 fair enough but I cannot believe grown men would want to stand on a seat? How very odd :?

Over twelve is a fully grown man now isit :?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:

In Merthyr we were down the mines by 11 :old:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:

8 in ponty :old:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:

8 in ponty :old:

Thats cos you could only count to 8 (8 fingers and thumbs). You were 15 really :old:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:50 am

Pain in the arse supporters !

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 am

I hate it when people tank.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am

Perish the thought! People standing in seats at the football!!!!

This is what's making going down the football boring nowadays. I know I'll get shot down in flames for this but so what?! Let them enjoy themselves! If you take people like that out of the game the atmosphere will be worse than ever.

It used to be said as a joke about the prawn sandwich brigade attaching themselves to the club the further up the leagues you go. Well it's finally happened. Our edge as fans is going if not gone. In that statement I don't mean the violence I mean being perceived as slightly nuts with an attmosphere to boot.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:59 am

If you actually read my post properly, you will see that I'm saying they were standing ON the seats themselves, making it impossible for anyone else to see any action.

Please make sure you're ad the post properly before you actually spout out a load of nonsense in future. :roll:

As for people attaching themselves to the club the further up the ladder you go, well I can assure you I went to games when we were in the basement tier and the crowds were nothing compared to now, please do not assume things about people. :roll:
Last edited by Barry Chuckle on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Splottoman wrote:Perish the thought! People standing in seats at the football!!!!

This is what's making going down the football boring nowadays. I know I'll get shot down in flames for this but so what?! Let them enjoy themselves! If you take people like that out of the game the atmosphere will be worse than ever.

It used to be said as a joke about the prawn sandwich brigade attaching themselves to the club the further up the leagues you go. Well it's finally happened. Our edge as fans is going if not gone. In that statement I don't mean the violence I mean being perceived as slightly nuts with an attmosphere to boot.

How the f**k does standing on a seat give you edge and make you look nuts?

Standing on seats if you are in your 30/40's makes you look mentally retarded.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:07 pm

What a bunch of Tankers! :roll:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Don't loose your rag Mario! I've made my comment and I'll stand by it. The fact you can't see it probably puts you in the prawn sandwich brigade. Maybe you should call yourself Tiger instead of mario. That'll put you nicely in the prawn family!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Don't no wtf tanking is, but sounds dirty all the same.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Splottoman wrote:Don't loose your rag Mario! I've made my comment and I'll stand by it. The fact you can't see it probably puts you in the prawn sandwich brigade. Maybe you should call yourself Tiger instead of mario. That'll put you nicely in the prawn family!

Still not sure whether you've read the thread properly...

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 pm

I've read the thread and an see his point of view but it's football hae a laugh and giggle live and let live.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Apologies for the spelling error in the title - I am on my iPad (that's my excuse anyway)

So if somebody stood ON their seat in front of you and blocked your view totally, you would put it down to having a laugh? I certainly don't.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Splottoman wrote:I've read the thread and an see his point of view but it's football hae a laugh and giggle live and let live.

If you really saw my point of view, you'd realise that I along with others around us COULD SEE f**k ALL

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Totally agree splottman just enjoy life,enjoy the football and get wrecked :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Apologies for the spelling error in the title - I am on my iPad (that's my excuse anyway)

So if somebody stood ON their seat in front of you and blocked your view totally, you would put it down to having a laugh? I certainly don't.

Haven't read all the thread so don't no if you mentioned it, but did you have a word with them? Ask them to get off the seats cos yor view is being blocked? Or were they all big units who looked like they wouldn't take kindly at being told to step off the seats?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Im still scratching my head at a group of grown men standing on seats.

Did the come on a sunshinebus and was Splott their carer?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

No it wouldn't bother me. I'd get up and stand on my seat. If you don't want people standing go in a different part of the ground. There's no difference to being really short and having someone really tall stood in front of you. You'd have to stand on your seat in that instance.