Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How many of you on here would mock a football disaster?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 am

Ok, well I just heard about some Man Utd fans mocking the Hillsborough disaster so wanted to ask this to a couple of you. Obviously it's the minority so I don't want you to start taking the piss out of all the Asian supporters :P

Let's say, Swansea's next home game, the stadium literally collapses and kills 278 people and injures 1309, would you sing/chant about it at our next home games or our next game against Swansea?

Personally, no matter how much I hate them, I don't think mocking the dead (possibly) innocent is ever right.

Your view?

Re: How many of you on here would mock a football disaster?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 am

No, that would be disgusting.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 am

I doubt anyone on here with admit to that. Anyone being a none trol that is.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 am

It happens. Millwall fans mock leeds fans with istanbul chants! Leeds mock man united fans with munich chants as do liverpool fans! Bradford have been mocked about the fire by oppo fans. And we certainly haven't been whiter than white in the past. Its wrong but unfortunately it happens. Every club has a portion of fans who are willing to try anything to wind up the oppo fans.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 am

llanrumney'boi wrote:It happens. Millwall fans mock leeds fans with istanbul chants! Leeds mock man united fans with munich chants as do liverpool fans! Bradford have been mocked about the fire by oppo fans. And we certainly haven't been whiter than white in the past. Its wrong but unfortunately it happens. Every club has a portion of fans who are willing to try anything to wind up the oppo fans.

This is an ideal time to squah it out, unacceptable banter that is.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 am

Man United fans deny that they chanted anything to do with Hillsborough!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19613154

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 am

I can't see how a chant of "Always the victims, it's never your fault" can't not be anything to do with Hillsboro.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:I can't see how a chant of "Always the victims, it's never your fault" can't not be anything to do with Hillsboro.

They'll say that it was about Heysel or whatever else comes into their heads, but it's clearly a load of shite!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:00 pm

You just don't !

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Our fans are just as bad. I cringed yesterday when some fans started singing 'Only one Peter Sutcliffe'. Seriously no need for that at the football.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Our fans are just as bad. I cringed yesterday when some fans started singing 'Only one Peter Sutcliffe'. Seriously no need for that at the football.

Indeed.

I have actually seen one of our lot tell someone to wind his neck in when this someone start singing about the Yorkshire ripper. Brave I thought at the time as you never know how these idiots react.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Our fans are just as bad. I cringed yesterday when some fans started singing 'Only one Peter Sutcliffe'. Seriously no need for that at the football.

Indeed.

I have actually seen one of our lot tell someone to wind his neck in when this someone start singing about the Yorkshire ripper. Brave I thought at the time as you never know how these idiots react.

Good on them. People use the line 'it's just banter' to justify any offensive thing they say :roll:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Everyones got em. Us more than most.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 pm

I would never do it and anyone who does is subhuman scum.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Jamie_DB wrote:Ok, well I just heard about some Man Utd fans mocking the Hillsborough disaster so wanted to ask this to a couple of you. Obviously it's the minority so I don't want you to start taking the piss out of all the Asian supporters :P

Let's say, Swansea's next home game, the stadium literally collapses and kills 278 people and injures 1309, would you sing/chant about it at our next home games or our next game against Swansea?

Personally, no matter how much I hate them, I don't think mocking the dead (possibly) innocent is ever right.

Your view?

Do swansea have that many fans??

I'd never sing/mock any other team if anything like that'd happen... eveyrone should alwaysbe able to get back home after a game of football!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Personally I'd like to think I wouldn't sing about it, but people are only human and make mistakes. People are so keen on one-upmanship at times, specially fuelled with a drink or two. I believe some people aren't aware that there's a line until they've crossed it. I'm sure when we've sang "Harold Shipman is our friend" or making gas noises at Tottenham there has been many people who would have taken offence to that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but what really matters is that fans are compassionate afterwards. If a fan did chose to sing such a song I'd be much more appalled if after doing so he still couldn't care less after having time to think of it. That's my opinion anyway.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 am

Jamie_DB wrote:Ok, well I just heard about some Man Utd fans mocking the Hillsborough disaster so wanted to ask this to a couple of you. Obviously it's the minority so I don't want you to start taking the piss out of all the Asian supporters :P

Your view?

Eh????? :?

To the issue in hand. I've been to watch Leeds v Man Utd years and years ago and happily joined
in with the 'Runway' song.

I put it down to the ignorance of youth (well, me anyway)

When we played Leeds in the FA Cup I was pretty pissed off at the Galatasaray chants, and at the
Turkish flags. Perhaps i had finally grown up.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Let's be honest you lot are well known for mocking tragedies you have plenty of previous

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm

waddle wrote:Let's be honest you lot are well known for mocking tragedies you have plenty of previous

you threw wooden seats with iron bits at children.

As the saying goes "Sticks and stones...."

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Your view?

FOOK ME I WOULD BE CRYING BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WOULD HAVE HAD SEVERAL HUNDRED EMPTY SEATS :o WHAT A WASTE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:46 pm

waddle wrote:Let's be honest you lot are well known for mocking tragedies you have plenty of previous

Some of our idiots are known for that although in past few years i have not heard anything that resembles mocking tragedies.

I could counter argue that singing swimaway (glorifying a hooligan incident) and using clubs PA announcer to start anti-cardiff songs is fairly cringeworthy and needs looking at.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Let's be honest, we've all took the piss out of a tragedy or similar at some point in our lives. Not saying I would go chanting it at football matches though

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 pm

CantonJack wrote:Let's be honest, we've all took the piss out of a tragedy or similar at some point in our lives. Not saying I would go chanting it at football matches though

:shock: not really fella no

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 pm

waddle wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Let's be honest, we've all took the piss out of a tragedy or similar at some point in our lives. Not saying I would go chanting it at football matches though

Well i have (Surprise surprise :lol: ) I can imagine you lot trying to do the swim away under 50 tonnes of reinforced concrete. Swansea could have a big fat Gypsy Funeral :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

waddle wrote:

What about all the swim away chants then?

Oh I forgot, you never go down the Liberty so you wouldn't have had a chance to join in :roll:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Yes I have in my younger days, wasn't there a ex jack who gassed himself. And at spurs mimmicking the gas chambers....
Hey you live and learn.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Miller time wrote:Yes I have in my younger days, wasn't there a ex jack who gassed himself. And at spurs mimmicking the gas chambers....
Hey you live and learn.

At least this scumbag owns up to it

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:25 pm

waddle wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
waddle wrote:

Oh I forgot, you never go down the Liberty so you wouldn't have had a chance to join in :roll:

That wasn't a tragedy you bellend that was a bunch of dickheads getting wet :roll:

Read the original post, "tragedy or similar" :roll:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm

CantonJack wrote:
waddle wrote:
Can't :lol:
onJack wrote:
waddle wrote:

That wasn't a tragedy you bellend that was a bunch of dickheads getting wet :roll:

Read the original post, "tragedy or similar" :roll:

So you thick a few dickheads getting wet is similar to a tragedy
:lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Well it happens, It builds tension between the fans and makes for a more interesting occasion. I've been to games and you can really feel the venom from the opposition, the heart starts beating faster as the adrenalin surges through your body, your on the fences making sure the other team knows who's number 1 and that you don't give a f**k.... I've seen thousands at old Trafford singing about Liverpool, I've also seen plenty of away teams singing about Aberfan.
I've also heard jacks singing about us and I know if anything bad happened at a city game a fair few of them would enjoy singing about it.