Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what was dave jones biggest error?????

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:26 am

whilst he was our manager what do you think was his biggest error????????????the list is endless i think so i ll start with a few was it not playing ramsey in the cup final???????,his endless mistakes with his loan signings?????his inability to admit it when he was in the wrong??????,many more to pick :lol:

Re: what was dave jones biggest error?????

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 am

not walking after blackpool game, way too greedy for money, and also telling people he hated us fans and welsh people

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:34 am

Mate every manager has same faults, no one is perfect Fergy, Jose all makes errors..

Dave Jones for all his wrong doings that you are so clearly trying to point out, is still to date the most successful manager we have ever had.

So instead of thinking of the negatives, why not try the optimistic angle.

I wish DJ all the best and thank him for what he achived at this club.And I'm sure had he embraced the fans like Malky has done(pretty much the very first thing he did) then DJ would still be in charge.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 am

aj1927 wrote:Mate every manager has same faults, no one is perfect Fergy, Jose all makes errors..

Dave Jones for all his wrong doings that you are so clearly trying to point out, is still to date the most successful manager we have ever had.

I wish DJ all the best and thank him for what he achived at this club.And I'm sure had he embraced the fans like Malky has done(pretty much the very first thing he did) then DJ would still be in charge.

clearly every manager has his faults, but my thread was about his faults, i didnt want to look at it from what you call an optimistic angle

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 am

He exposed the talents of Ramsey Ledley and Matthews who are all playing Champions League and High end League football in their respected divisions, purchased players for penny's and sold them for millions. And got the best out of players like Koumas (1st stint) and Betty(England call up :lol: ) Both of whomb have stated the manager was key to their form.

Why do we always ignore the good and seek out the bad in our club servants?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 am

CB if he had as Malky has done and embraced us from the start then this thread wouldn't be posted.

So there is your answer.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 am

aj1927 wrote:He exposed the talents of Ramsey Ledley and Matthews who are all playing Champions League and High end League football in their respected divisions, purchased players for penny's and sold them for millions. And got the best out of players like Koumas (1st stint) and Betty(England call up :lol: ) Both of whomb have stated the manager was key to their form.

he s not your father by any chance is he :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

Not starting with Ramsey in the FA Cup Final.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:11 am

Having a pop at the fans,basically saying they were clueless when it came to football,Jones was never forgiven for that outburst

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 am

inability to manage in all areas, not just the squad but media and fans. Malky reigns supreme and is aware of what is needed of him and does exactly what his job roll description asks of him with added vigour.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:05 pm

FFS

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 pm

being born in liverpool

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Being CCFC manager

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Telling it like it is. Some cissies couldnt take his directness.

As for walking after Blackpool:? Got us to the play off final when we were in a transfer embargo? Wtf

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:inability to manage in all areas, not just the squad but media and fans. Malky reigns supreme and is aware of what is needed of him and does exactly what his job roll description asks of him with added vigour.

Oh here he goes hes got the Malky for Man U drum out again :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:07 pm

why would he leave after a one off p/o final defeat?he would think he could do better the next season.after the reading p/o defeat was the time to jack it in.i mean within a day or so.tbf dave jones is one of the factors in where you are now.no one can doubt he improved ccfc.ok it must have got messy with him in the end but surely no one can deny this man moved ccfc on a huge amount?would ccfc be where they are now without d.j?i doubt it.we had it at blues with t.f.took us to play offs but couldn,t get us over the line.steve bruce did first time of asking.so t.f getting the boot was of course the right move but i,d never say t.f wasn,t a hugh part of putting a solid base down for bruce

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Kelvin etuhu on instead of Ross McCormack. The day I lost the faith.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 pm

His stubborn ways.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:31 pm

To many favourites,playing Mc phail and Mark Kennedy regardless to how they played.Kennedy was never a full back.Just hope Mcphail follows him into retirement.Also stalled the careers of good players like Mathews and Mc cormack

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:To many favourites,playing Mc phail and Mark Kennedy regardless to how they played.Kennedy was never a full back.Just hope Mcphail follows him into retirement.Also stalled the careers of good players like Mathews and Mc cormack

Actually Kennedy was a very good player for us. Even though he wasnt a natural fullback he had the experience to be able to play there and always did well for us

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 pm

too slow, out of position all the time, blamed everybody else when he made a mistake and gave the ball away just about everytime he passed it

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 pm

aj1927 wrote:Mate every manager has same faults, no one is perfect Fergy, Jose all makes errors..

Success is when you win things.........What did he win here :?: :?:
Should have resigned the season we lost to Preston 6-0 and lost last game of season at Sheffied Weds when we only needed a point to get in playoffs and we ended up losing out on goal difference by 1 goal :shock: :evil:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:inability to manage in all areas, not just the squad but media and fans. Malky reigns supreme and is aware of what is needed of him and does exactly what his job roll description asks of him with added vigour.

:salute:

half an ayatollah for you.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 pm

caerblue wrote:
aj1927 wrote:He exposed the talents of Ramsey Ledley and Matthews who are all playing Champions League and High end League football in their respected divisions, purchased players for penny's and sold them for millions. And got the best out of players like Koumas (1st stint) and Betty(England call up :lol: ) Both of whomb have stated the manager was key to their form.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:27 pm

The Douce wrote:Kelvin etuhu on instead of Ross McCormack. The day I lost the faith.

:evil: could not believe he did that.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:40 pm

I do not have one hour spare to pick his faults he had so many, even watching his interview after brighton hammered them friday he blamed everything but himself or team it was always officials or something else why they get beat :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:43 pm

aj1927 wrote:
caerblue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:58 pm

He had to go when he did and has plenty of faults (as do all managers) but an entire thread dedicated to having a pop?

He gave us the highest league finishes for years and a FA cup final to boot.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Not understanding the fans, Malky said the other day how vital it is for our players to represent Cardiff City when referring to Maynard and Noone meeting fans etc, it's the small things that go a very big way, I really like how he really wants a Premier League derby with Swansea, under DJ he'd just be like meh, with Malky he's really eager for it to happen

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:05 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:not walking after blackpool game, way too greedy for money, and also telling people he hated us fans and welsh people

Drivel.

Couldn't agree more, the idiots on here say he blamed everything on everyone but the same people blame everything on Dave, the greatest manager we have ever had. I'm sorry but it's pathetic people always having a f*cking pop at him.

angelis49 wrote:Having a pop at the fans,basically saying they were clueless when it came to football,Jones was never forgiven for that outburst

My dear Angelis, he was definitely right about that when it comes to you.

Inability to manage yet continually got us to the play offs despite financial constraints and transfer embargos while also getting us to the real cup final. Malky is inferior to Dave in every single way about from how he treats the fans but who gives a f**k about that we are adults for f**k sake, he's here to manage a football team not to become kind of fans superhero.

clambake wrote:FFS

My thoughts exactly, we are obsessed with the man.

Mario Polotelli wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think we will be bumping that thread a few times over the course of the season.

JBCCFC1927 wrote:His stubborn ways.

And Malky isn't Mr Barnett?

:old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: