Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UNBELIEVABLE FEELING

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 pm

The travel group representatives, club officials, police officers and the family of Simon Insole were sat in the press room today a few minutes before kick off and Wayne Nash gave a heart wrenching speech about Simon and seeing his young children grieving was an emotional moment, you would have had to have been made of stone not to have shed a tear in that room.

Then the walk down the tunnel behind the two teams and out to the pitch side to the sight and sound of a near full stadium, my legs were like jelly, I had goosebumps all over my body, my face was tingling, the noise that reverberated around the stadium had the hairs on my neck standing up.

I am not ashamed to say that I was overcome with the emotion that was emanating from the stands but most of all I was cut up when I saw Simon's children hurting so badly.

I feel honoured to have met and worked with Simon Insole as part of arranging away games and am thankful to Wayne Nash for inviting me to be part of today's pre-match tribute to Simon.

Re: UNBELIEVABLE FEELING

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Fair play to City and Leeds fans alike, maximum respect was paid to Simon Insole today.

Nice to meet you and Annis today as well, albeit briefly.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Gavlar wrote:Fair play to City and Leeds fans alike, maximum respect was paid to Simon Insole today.

Nice to meet you and Annis today as well, albeit briefly.

Yes great tribute Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And Gavin, good to put face to name, spk again longer next time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:30 pm

I shed a few tears today thought dedication to Simon was spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 pm

It was a very moving tribute to a true gent.

RIP Simon