Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Millwall and Palace.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm

How many points do you think we will take in these two away games?

Not that they will be easy but I am convinced we have the players and the tactics to take six, what do you think? :?:

We have then got the interesting prospect of Blackpool at home, which will be a great challenge to test our metal. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Millwall and Palace.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:19 pm

They aren't easy, but if we aim to be top 2 these are the games we need to win, at least 4 points should be the target.

We might have a better idea by this time next Sat whether we've got the balls to fight for an automatic spot.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 am

To me,the more interesting aspect to the next two games is how much has Mackay learnt from the season so far,the answer to that conundrum will be clearly demonstrated in what formation he goes with,what players he selects.....i still think he is a belt and brassier manager,who's first instinct is not to lose a game,i would prefer his first instinct to be"i want to win this game"..so don't be surprised to see a 451 formation on Tuesday,my only hope is,that if he goes down that road he does not use Helguson as the lone striker,but again don't be shocked if he goes with Helguson,and of course Mackay will always find an excuse to play Cowie from the start,now i come to team selection as a whole,even Mackay must realise he has a squad at his disposal where he can rotate the players and not weaken the team overall ,in conclusion,yes we all want as many points we can get from these next two away games,but to me the most intriguing part to this conundrum is how Mackay sets out his stall to get those points

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:07 pm

I think Malky will stick with 442. I hope he does a bit of rotation with the 6 midfield/attacking players. With all the options he has at his disposal it would be foolish to play the same 11 for 3 successive games. Kimbo and Velikonja need to see a bit of action in at least one of these next two away games. A good chance for 6 points IMO but I would be quite happy with 4.:ayatollah: