Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Do we need to grind out a win ?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
castleblue wrote:Wolves came for a game a football and were beaten in a free flowing game. Warnock set up Leeds with 6 defenders and two holding midfield players or in other words they parked the bus.

Like any Warnock team his players worked extremely hard to deny us space and close us down in the wide areas but they were never going to be able to keep up the work rate. Halftime came at the wrongtime for Leeds and in the second half we took the game to them with wave after wave of attacks they tired and the result was absolutely inevitable.

If Marshall had dealt properly with the only meaningful effort they had on goal we would have closed that game out comfortably as after halftime the gulf between the teams was huge. The fact Marshall allowed them hope is now down to Malkay Mackay to think about as goalkeeper was the only position on the field, or bench, where we were 2nd best. Without Kenny we would have won by 4 or more goals.

So far this season the only goals we have conceded at home have been from freekicks and if it's down to the poor positioning of the defensive wall, by Marshall, or Marshall allowing a shot right in the centre of the goal under his body that's for MM to deal with on the training pitch.

Grinding out the result yesterday my arse not in the game I watched.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing, we may as well not have a wall and give the goalie a clear view, having a wall that don't stop or even attempt to block the ball is a total waste of time. He should still have got behind it though. :ayatollah:

When I watched the goal again on sky it appeared we didn't even have a wall. Just seemed like a bad error of judgement by Marshall.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Get a grip people i gave an opinion on "i dont really think Malky is using the squad to its best". Just like a comment you can make down the Pub dont jump down me throat fellas :o :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Everybody needs to grind out a win sometimes.