Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Helguson

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:45 pm

I used to think that although i would never want him back that Bothroyd was one of the best in this league for winning the ball through headers and playing people off him But this guy Helguson is doing a fantastic job doing the same but no attitude

Re: Helguson

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Agreed,shows great fight and passion,a true warrior :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:14 pm

For a 34 year old man helguson puts the likes of jay bothroyd to shame
never stops running and putting his body on the line
fantastic signing by malky :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:23 pm

I dont think that much of him tbh, hes slow and didnt win much today his touch wasnt that good again either, maybe its just me thinking this but i would prefer a quicker player and we have them now :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:30 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:I dont think that much of him tbh, hes slow and didnt win much today his touch wasnt that good again either, maybe its just me thinking this but i would prefer a quicker player and we have them now :ayatollah:

Thats fair enough, but you can't argue that he's superb in the air. He won virtually everything today, and the bits he didn't he was unlucky not to get free kicks for. He seems very strong because he's not that tall.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 pm

john52 wrote:I used to think that although i would never want him back that Bothroyd was one of the best in this league for winning the ball through headers and playing people off him But this guy Helguson is doing a fantastic job doing the same but no attitude

He's a grafter and experienced he will give 100% and no doubt chip in with some important goals along the way :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:I dont think that much of him tbh, hes slow and didnt win much today his touch wasnt that good again either, maybe its just me thinking this but i would prefer a quicker player and we have them now :ayatollah:

Thats fair enough, but you can't argue that he's superb in the air. He won virtually everything today, and the bits he didn't he was unlucky not to get free kicks for. He seems very strong because he's not that tall.

I'm not a fan either TBH, and against Wolves he did'nt win a ball in the air until the 70th min

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I can not remember half a dozen headers he won today and when he did they went to another player and not ours, i get he runs about like a headless chicken but i really dont think hes the answer, hes like a cheaper version of kevin nugent from years ago but atleast nugent could hold the ball up alogn wiht other things, just do not rate this guy at all for some reason now ive seen him play a few games but early doors yet i suppose :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

I can not remember half a dozen headers he won today and when he did they went to another player and not ours, i get he runs about like a headless chicken but i really dont think hes the answer, hes like a cheaper version of kevin nugent from years ago but atleast nugent could hold the ball up alogn wiht other things, just do not rate this guy at all for some reason now ive seen him play a few games but early doors yet i suppose :ayatollah:

You need to watch closer then, :lol: he won virtually everything in the air today.

I think also he's a hell of a lot MORE expensive than Nugent.