Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player ratings

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Marshall- didn't have much to do but was at fault for the goal imo. 5

Mcnaughton- Solid performance and did his job. 7
Hudson- Another very solid perfomance, forming a decent partnership with Connolly. 8
Connolly- Put in a good shift and is giving malky something to think about when turner is fit again. 7
Taylor- Similar to Mcnaughton solid performance and did his job. 7

Smith- A Good game, put some great balls into the box which on another day would of been in the back in the net and put in a good shift defensibly. 7.5
Whittingham- Penalty aside, had a pretty quiet game by his standards imo. 6.5
Mutch- Pretty solid game but a few rash challenges and he could of been looking at a booking or even sent off. 6.5
Noone- A very good game always looked dangerous every time he was on the ball, wondered why he was taken off 2 minutes later i found out why :lol: . 9

Helgason- A good performance, won pretty much everything in the air and i think he will form a good a good partnership with maynard. 8
Maynard- Very good game, looked lively through out, won the penalty and unlucky not to score. 8.5

Subs
Bellamy- Just on another level. 8.5
Gunnarson and Cowie both brought on to see the game out. 6

I think the second half we were great and if it wasn't for kenny having great game it could of been 4-5 goals

:ayatollah:

Re: Player ratings

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Pretty much how i saw it although i thought Mutch was at least a 7.5

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Feeling Blue wrote:Marshall- didn't have much to do but was at fault for the goal imo. 5

Mcnaughton- Solid performance and did his job. 7
Hudson- Another very solid perfomance, forming a decent partnership with Connolly. 8
Connolly- Put in a good shift and is giving malky something to think about when turner is fit again. 7
Taylor- Similar to Mcnaughton solid performance and did his job. 7

Smith- A Good game, put some great balls into the box which on another day would of been in the back in the net and put in a good shift defensibly. 7.5
Whittingham- Penalty aside, had a pretty quiet game by his standards imo. 6.5
Mutch- Pretty solid game but a few rash challenges and he could of been looking at a booking or even sent off. 6.5
Noone- A very good game always looked dangerous every time he was on the ball, wondered why he was taken off 2 minutes later i found out why :lol: . 9

Helgason- A good performance, won pretty much everything in the air and i think he will form a good a good partnership with maynard. 8
Maynard- Very good game, looked lively through out, won the penalty and unlucky not to score. 8.5

Subs
Bellamy- Just on another level. 8.5
Gunnarson and Cowie both brought on to see the game out. 6

I think the second half we were great and if it wasn't for kenny having great game it could of been 4-5 goals

:ayatollah:

Mutch I think is a perfect foil for Whitts. Whittingham can tend to play a bit sideways
and backwards at times. Nothing wrong with that, but Jordon pretty 'Mutch' forces the
play forward. Hard to believe he's only 20. Very special talent we got here. daylight
robbery from Birmingham. He is a bit rash at times, but Leeds were getting a bit tasty
early on. He werent taking none of it! :D

Hudson - Well im sick of the tw*t shoving my words down my throat, he has improved
massively under Malky. Thats not a dig at DJ. Its just a fact.

Maynard??? - f**k me he's going to destroy teams soon. Once he breaks his duck i think
he's going to bang them in non stop. What a performance!!

Helguson - Brilliant. Tied the Leeds Central Defenders up all day, did a superb job making
space for Maynard. your right, their going to be good these two :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Noone - Very unlucky to be taken off, he was just starting to shine.

Bellamy - thats the difference 35k a week makes. Class

Connelly - Solid.

Whitts - Quiet, but second half came into it more

Smith - Great game, what a clever signing he is

Marshall - at fault, but overall commands his box well

My only real criticism would be BOTH full backs.

Taylor looks do-able back there, and seems to be a bit of a target lately

SuperKev. Well he dont get done much at the back, his pace helps, but my
God his decision making in the final third is shocking

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Thought Hudson was MOM. Had a good solid game and he didn't put a foot wrong. Mutch played his best game for City so far. Noone quality signing. Bellamy what can you say. Onwards and upwards. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Marshall 6 - little to do, not sure if the goal took a deflection but it seemed a distance out.

Kev 7 - looks so much better in a 4-4-2
Hudson 8 - thought he was excellent today
Connelly 7 - did nothing wrong, uses the ball well.
Taylor 6 - a few poor touches and got caught out a few times

Noone 8 - had a few poor touches and made a few wrong decisions but just a live wire and a number of decent crosses
Witts 7 - used the ball well, good pen
Mutch 7 - seemed to wake up in the second half and looked much better
Smith 7 - intelligent player and works hard, should have scored but good display

Helguson 5 - poor I thought, terrible touch and didn't use the ball well. Worked hard tho.
Maynard 6 - some good runs and unlucky not to score, won the pen

Sub
Bellamy 8 - what a cracker of a goal
Gunnar 6 - solid
Cowie 6 - solid

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Very good second half perforance and deserved the win, 1st half was pretty bad and boring looking good though i think.

Marshall - 6 - Not alot to do

McNaughton - 7 - Got forward and defended well
Hudson - 8 - Hes really playing very well lately, i never used to like him but now hes key in the team
Connolly - 7 - Seems a good defender but at present id still prefer turner ?
Taylor - 6 - Not his best game got caught out few times.

Smith - 7 - Always full of running and works hard
Whitts - 7 - Quite today, good pen, few miss placed passes.
Mutch - 6 - Cant tackle to save his life but good cover will get better
Noone - 7 - Had a quiet 1st half but that was the 1st haldf in general, was much better 2nd shouldnt of got subbed.

Helguson - 5 - Hold ball up well and go in air but i just dont like him, doesnt seem to do much else ?
Maynard - 7 - Getting better, very quick with pace and did well for pen looking forward to seeing more of him

Bellamy - 8 - Changed the game as soon as he came on, stunning free kick, great and composed around pitch so glad hes back
Cowie & Gunnarsson - 6 - Brought on to see game out

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Marshall - 7

McNaughton - 7
Hudson - 8
Connelly - 7
Taylor - 7

Smith - 7
Mutch - 8
Whittingham - 7
Noone - 8