Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kimbo

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:56 pm

I didnt fly over for todays game but why is Kimbo not selected ?? Is it due to him flying half way around the world in midweek ?

Re: Kimbo

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:26 pm

It may have had an impact on it but I think it's more a case that smith, bellers and noone are ahead of him.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:26 pm

£2.5m signing on bench for city - cant get over that :lol:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Couldn't see him playing today "Welcome to British football mate, this lot are about to kick you for X many minutes" Needs to be eased in.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:18 pm

I must say I was a bit miffed at the thought of a £2.5m player on bench .

But we must remember there are 46 lge games, so plenty of time for him to shine..
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Wolves and Leeds both dirty teams.. needs to be nursed through the game. Still young and a whole new scene for him. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:28 pm

he really needs to be getting more game time cause he looks to be a really good player and i would love to see if he can do that in a city shirt.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:34 pm

I'd like to think he will get some game time midweek.

But it's hard to drop anyone atm, and if either smith or noone come off I'd imagine bellers was 1st choice to come on.

Maybe he can come on after an hour give whitts a rest :)

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:29 pm

I may be wide of the mark here,but im beginning to see a similarity in Mackays treatment of Kimbo to his treatment of Earnshaw....i wont make a final judgment until after ten games

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 pm

angelis49 wrote:I may be wide of the mark here,but im beginning to see a similarity in Mackays treatment of Kimbo to his treatment of Earnshaw....i wont make a final judgment until after ten games

How is this the same in any way? :?

Earnie is a passed it striker who we should never have re-signed.

Kim is an exciting young talent who hasn't played in the English leagues before and isn't used to the physicality r even the culture. As said above, best to leave him in.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 am

You cant change a winning team but id have liked to have seen him get some minutes as a sub by noe.

I thought Noone going off before Smith very bizarre also

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:51 am

He'll get his chance, he's being broke in quietly. ;)

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 am

angelis49 wrote:I may be wide of the mark here,but im beginning to see a similarity in Mackays treatment of Kimbo to his treatment of Earnshaw....i wont make a final judgment until after ten games

Clueless :lol: he's just travelled half way round the world this week! I can see us seeing him as a sub at some point in the next two games.He's only been available for the last 2 games

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 am

Was looking at him warm up yesterday, has anyone noticed the size of his legs? Huge, reminds me of Mark Hughes! Looks very strong
:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 am

What about our million pound Slovian striker .... Didn't even make the bench!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 am

Dicey wrote:What about our million pound Slovian striker .... Didn't even make the bench!

Didnt realise that. Thats a disgrace. Two defensive midfielders in the bench though. :?

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:46 am

I cant wait to see Kim make his debut dont get me wrong, but be patient.....he will be worth it ;)

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 am

NIBluebird wrote:£2.5m signing on bench for city - cant get over that :lol:

Kimbo openly admitted that Cardiff was a stepping stone on the path to bigger clubs. He must be sitting there thing, shit, I think this may be more difficult than I first imagined. In Korean of course.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:56 am

Taff on the Mersey wrote: In Korean of course.

:lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am

I believe Kim was a PR stunt by vincent tan, he's invested into the red and targeted the asian market,

thats right capture on of the most highly regarded up and coming players in the far east in the hope of bringing in revenue and putting on us the asia map.
even if kim didn't make an impact just by him being on the pitch tan makes profit on this investment

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 am

Don't buy that, he's more than just a marketing purchse. I'm sure there would've been cheaper alternatives for that purpose.

On his international showings, it looks like he could develop into a cracking playing.

A few 10 minute subs should ease him in nicely and give him a few opportunities to show what he can do.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:37 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:I believe Kim was a PR stunt by vincent tan, he's invested into the red and targeted the asian market,

thats right capture on of the most highly regarded up and coming players in the far east in the hope of bringing in revenue and putting on us the asia map.
even if kim didn't make an impact just by him being on the pitch tan makes profit on this investment

Bet he's made millions already with the time he's played already.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 am

BlueMac wrote:Don't buy that, he's more than just a marketing purchse. I'm sure there would've been cheaper alternatives for that purpose.

On his international showings, it looks like he could develop into a cracking playing.

A few 10 minute subs should ease him in nicely and give him a few opportunities to show what he can do.

What he said ^^

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 am

His times will come

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Dicey wrote:What about our million pound Slovian striker .... Didn't even make the bench!

exactly good point - i know we won but need to keep players active :ayatollah: