Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A BIT LIKE THE HUDDERSFIELD GAME TODAY "

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm

" A BIT LIKE THE HUDDERSFIELD GAME TODAY "

But the difference today was bringing on Craig Bellamy as sub and his class/determination changed the game.
The game was looking like a draw.
Malky this season has class on the bench and with the bench we have, Malky is able to change the game.
A win is a win and Cardiff have the 3pts.

You cant expect the Wolves performance every week.

MILLWALL YOU ARE NEXT, HERE WE COME. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " A BIT LIKE THE HUDDERSFIELD GAME TODAY "

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes! To gring out a win against a team like Leeds is great at this point. Especially with a side that hasn't gelled yet.

Did Kimbo make an appearance?

I'm in Turkey :(

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Karl wrote:Yes! To gring out a win against a team like Leeds is great at this point. Especially with a side that hasn't gelled yet.

No he never, have a great time Karl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:49 pm

The first half was a bit of a stalemate but i thought we came out the blocks very positive second half and thoroughly deserved the 3 points in the end .

well done city :ayatollah:

Mutch was my MOM . outstanding today i thought

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Karl wrote:Yes! To gring out a win against a team like Leeds is great at this point. Especially with a side that hasn't gelled yet.

No he never, have a great time Karl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:59 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:The first half was a bit of a stalemate but i thought we came out the blocks very positive second half and thoroughly deserved the 3 points in the end .

well done city :ayatollah:

Mutch was my MOM . outstanding today i thought

Mutch keeps improving. Leeds tried a bit of bullying early doors and was he f**k
going to let them get away with it. We look to have a bit of steel about us now too.

Can i also apologise to Mark Hudson yet again for calling him a donkey over the last
few seasons. Bossed it. The spitter is still probably tucked up in Marks pocket :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:19 pm

I thought the 2nd half performance was excellent and it was just a matter of having patience until we scored. Nothing like the poor performance against Huddersfield.

No way were we lucky to win unlike the opening game :ayatollah: We needed to step up the pace after the first half and did so.

Really impressed and if it wasn't for Kenny there were at least 4 more goals to be had :roll: :lol:

Onwards and upwards but I'm becoming more confident by the game :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:22 pm

First half was just like Huddersfield.
Second half I thought we were a lot better and played some decent football against a rough Leeds team.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:38 pm

We defo deserved the win. Maynard should have scored one today too. Hudson was fantastic today again, hes going to be player of the year imo. Great day.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:First half was just like Huddersfield.
Second half I thought we were a lot better and played some decent football against a rough Leeds team.

yeah agree with that
when bellers came on it just seemed to lift the fans which made the players give that bit extra

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Much sharper second half some good Kenny saves especially the one from Smith, 3 good points 9 out of 9 at home :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:22 pm

good shout annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:27 pm

First half was poor, but a lot of that was due to Leeds working very very hard to close us down. It meant too much of the ball was going in the air and we looked a little narrow. 2nd half they seemed to tire and Maynard and Noone started finding a bit of space. Of course Bellers goal changed it, but I felt we were well on top. Leeds offered absolutely nothing.

Hudson was once again IMMENSE.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way the atmosphere was pretty good again today, helped in no small part by the loud and proud Leeds fans, and then our 2 goals which sparked the Ninian at least off.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 pm

A really good result against a team who are difficult to beat and who set themselves out to draw the match.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:17 pm

We shaded it in the first half, though little chances were created. Absolutely dominated the second half, with Bellamy's goal capping a substantial spell of pressure from City. After Whittingham scored it looked all over, but Austin's free-kick went straight through the wall (though I haven't seen it on TV yet) with Marshall appearing unsighted. Would've been nice to get a third, but an excellent win.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 pm

We totally changed our play once Bellamy came on, from then on there was only one team in the match Cardiff City, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We totally changed our play once Bellamy came on, from then on there was only one team in the match Cardiff City, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think we came out of the blocks in the 2nd half, and even before bellamy came on, i think we were going to score.

leeds in my opinion made a stupid change at half time in bringing diouf on, he was lazy and left us with more space than in the first half.

there was only ever 1 team in it during the 2nd half and could and probably should have been by more goals.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We totally changed our play once Bellamy came on, from then on there was only one team in the match Cardiff City, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No we didn't, actually. Bellamy is not the be all and end all.

There was only one team in it throughout the whole game, and that was CCFC.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

No we didn't, actually. Bellamy is not the be all and end all.

There was only one team in it throughout the whole game, and that was CCFC.

Totally disagree it was even stevens first half.
I agree Bells is not the be all and end all, but I am glad he plays for us.