Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IS IT TO EXPENSIVE ?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 am

nojac wrote:The earlier you buy your match day ticket , the cheaper it is . I think it was £23-25 for the Leeds game when they first went on sale .
Same as anything , with demand the prices go up .
As for £32 for today , its good value if we win , but a waste of money if we lose

I didnt realise this!!

If this is the case then nobody should really complain.. Just means budgeting for the games
you want to go to. Would suit someone like me down to the ground actually. Waking up
Saturday morning knowing every penny in my pocket can go on ale!!!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 am

yeah same, as mentioned many times before. the marketing at ccfc these days leave a lot to be desired of for a club looking to premiership promotion. working in promo it's pretty shocking to be fair!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:12 am

way to dear, reason me and my mates wont be going today

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 am

That is far far too expensive!! That's nearly 5 hours wages after tax to watch the game live. If they really want to fill the stadium they need to drop the prices or people won't pay it.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 am

its "too" not "to". great sticky title

Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:Is it to expensive to now watch Cardiff City ?

£31 to watch us today.

This new live pricing demand, is it fair ?

South Wales earnings as we know are a lot less than most parts of England.

If we got to the Premier League, how would our fans afford it then ?

The current season ticket prices thanks to the the Riddlers price freeze, have helped a lot of people, we currently have 18,000 plus.

I forgot how long left have we ?

Annis the tickets only get to this price if you wait till the last minute, if you buy them when they go on sale they are about £23 for the Canton which isn't bad these days. £31 is steep mind if you want to take a few kids as well.

I think next season is the last year for the ST price freeze as I thought the offer was we would pay the same price for 5 seasons, if you include the first year as our first season in the new stadium, when these prices were set, this is now our 4th season in the new stadium so next season will be the 5th year at these prices.

Remember everyone Ridsdale made this offer so we should have checked the small print. Maybe Carl can ask the club but I would bet my last £ on next year being the last.

Still a great deal for us all though.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:29 pm

It's disgusting. You can watch German Champions and Champions League qualifiers Borussia Dortmund for only €15.

If we go up a lot of working class people will no longer be able to go and we'll either have plastic middle class turning up or empty seats. Sad but true.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Watched the game in the Butchers in Llandaff --free and cheaper beer

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:06 pm

It's a thin line ...a difference of £5 on the entry submission can turn out be a 100k difference on a 20K crowd . Thats 100k on wages or 3 ~ 4 Quality players .
It's certainly a interesting pricing policy and one that we will be discussing All season

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:27 pm

far too exspensive.shouldn,t really be more than twenty quid for champ,25 absolute max .it,s 23 for us when we play you on the 2nd oct.we have 1125 tickets

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Football in general is to expensive yes.

If people want cheaper tickets then they need to buy them early. Match day tickets have been very expensive for many years.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Yes it is far too much. 10 quid too much in my opinion. The sliding scale is ridiculous a ticket should be the same price regardless of the oppo. or when the ticket is purchased.