Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS IT TO EXPENSIVE ?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:15 am

Is it to expensive to now watch Cardiff City ?

£31 to watch us today.

This new live pricing demand, is it fair ?

South Wales earnings as we know are a lot less than most parts of England.

If we got to the Premier League, how would our fans afford it then ?

The current season ticket prices thanks to the the Riddlers price freeze, have helped a lot of people, we currently have 18,000 plus.

I forgot how long left have we ?

Re: IS IT TO EXPENSIVE ?

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:Is it to expensive to now watch Cardiff City ?

£31 to watch us today.

The current season ticket prices thanks to the the Riddlers price freeze, have helped a lot of people, we currently have 18,000 plus.

Think it's 2 years!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:20 am

Overthemoon wrote:

Think it's 2 years!

Cheers. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 am

the sliding price scale thing that has been brought in needs to be capped at around 27 quid, 17 to watch blackpool is a great price to watch championship football, but many people are not going to pay 32 pounds today that is too much for a lot of people, and if people are struggling to watch cardiff in the championship wait til we get to the premier and they will be asking 40 to 50 plus away tickets to the big clubs will be 50quid plus.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:28 am

Give me lower league football. I can afford to go then

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:29 am

Football has gone way to expensive!

I struggle to make games due to the price :(

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:30 am

YES it is £32 is just too expensive in todays times

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:31 am

I think £31 is a fair price to charge for this game however I do appreciate that it is far to expensive for some people.

Unfortunately though, like other things in life, Football is now rightly or wrongly, due to the money involved, a luxury product, and with all luxury products if you cant afford it such is life.

That's how much it costs these days and we have to swallow it although we do not like it.

You only have to look at the new type of Cardiff Fan and fans of other clubs to see that the new Football Fans are cut from different cloth than those before them.

It is moving more towards a Rugby International Crowd day by day.

:ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 am

There is 2 years left on the price freeze, but unless we go up I can't see the prices changing much except for the Family Stand.

It would be suicide as the money just isn't there for any increase.

The matchday costs ARE a bit high today, but then they will be cheap for the 'lesser names'

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 am

I appreciate that not everybody can afford a season ticket, but it works out at just over £17 per game for me, which I think is superb value! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

Overthemoon wrote:I appreciate that not everybody can afford a season ticket, but it works out at just over £17 per game for me, which I think is superb value! :ayatollah:

Same here, Great Value.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:36 am

For the seats available in the Ninian and Canton Stands the price is £31 for today's game.

For the Grandstand they are £32

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 am

Good value for money in my opinion.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 am

Far too expensive in my opinion.

There should be a cap on the demand based pricing, just I assume there is a bottom scale too.

Clubs need to be doing more to attract fans in and making it affordable for them to have a day out.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 am

way to expensive, why dont they ever do discount days like they use to do wen i was young, my mother always use to take(she only went for the rucks), id love to take my two girls down but way to expensive,
BLUEBIRD TILL I DIE!!!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:49 am

karlo21 wrote:way to expensive, why dont they ever do discount days like they use to do wen i was young, my mother always use to take(she only went for the rucks), id love to take my two girls down but way to expensive,
BLUEBIRD TILL I DIE!!!

The club should certainly look at a 'family ticket'. With the Family Stand being sold out its very expensive for a dad/mum to take their kids these days.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 am

I budget my season ticket over the year. £400 split over the year is about £1.10 a day / £7.70 a week. Its great value for me.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 am

From what I am seeing over the years football is attracting a different fan. The average age these days is 40 where in the 80s it was around 25. You are most likely to see the white collar guy instead of the worker. Add to that the corporate profit margins then you get a clear picture which way it is all going.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 am

PtB wrote:
Clubs need to be doing more to attract fans in and making it affordable for them to have a day out.

I don't think they do need to though mate, and there lies the problem.

They got you over a barrel.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 am

Lawnmower wrote:
karlo21 wrote:way to expensive, why dont they ever do discount days like they use to do wen i was young, my mother always use to take(she only went for the rucks), id love to take my two girls down but way to expensive,
BLUEBIRD TILL I DIE!!!

The club should certainly look at a 'family ticket'. With the Family Stand being sold out its very expensive for a dad/mum to take their kids these days.

totally agree, wen i was young you could get tokens from the echo, were the adult pays full and the kids get in for £1
the last time i took my girls down was the old stadium, and i only paid £1 each for them and £27 for myself

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 am

The earlier you buy your match day ticket , the cheaper it is . I think it was £23-25 for the Leeds game when they first went on sale .
Same as anything , with demand the prices go up .
As for £32 for today , its good value if we win , but a waste of money if we lose

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:19 am

Far too expensive, the pubs will have loads of lads who won't go to the ground today. They prefer to stay in the pub and spend it on ale. Years ago you would be queuing up for tickets. :old:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 am

Should be capped. Even £28 is too expensive. This is Wales for f**** sake.

I would say £28 is most it should ever be.

How much are weeds paying?
They charged us £36 last season and crap view.
Not guing this year.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 am

£31, that is outrageous. The club is pricing out the working class man of South Wales whom could never afford them prices, maybe its what the club wants now.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 am

£31 to watch us today.

Price freeze was introduced in 2009 Annis so there's 2 years left :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
PtB wrote:

I don't think they do need to though mate, and there lies the problem.

They got you over a barrel.

We are struggling to sell out any big game and have done over the last few years(Wembley aside funnily enough), that should set alarm bells ringing IMO.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:00 am

personally for me anything over £25 a game is too expensive for me to go anymore than once a month. im a 25 year old paying my own way in a house, car etc and i just cant afford such luxuries on a regular basis at that price anymore. i get gutted about it but theres not much else i can do and usually im better off spending the money elsewhere. i managed to get to wolves the other day and im really glad i did. if the football carries on like that and the atmosphere picks up i could make the effort a bit more. but im not paying over £25 to sit in a dead stadium not knowing what sort of football im going to watch.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:01 am

Last game at NP I think was 25 quid.

Had someone said back then, in a few years will you be willing to give up
two pints and see the quality of player we have now... I'd have said yes.
but its reached a level very close to becoming unacceptable (to me)

But this is a very personal view.

For a family - Mam, Dad, two teenage kids... very expensive day out!!!

I would not be happy then, not one bit

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 am

nojac wrote:The earlier you buy your match day ticket , the cheaper it is . I think it was £23-25 for the Leeds game when they first went on sale .
Same as anything , with demand the prices go up .
As for £32 for today , its good value if we win , but a waste of money if we lose

This is why the price is so high now. The club want fans to buy early so that they can plan ahead and cater. The close we get to kick off the higher the price, just like Easyjet. I know it's pretty hard if you are counting the pennies right up to Saturday in order to see if you can go, but this just seems to be the modern way nowadays.

We need to think a bit ahead, save for one game but miss it and go and buy a cheaper ticket for the next game. Then your ahead when it comes to saving for the next future game. You'd be amazed what you can save in ticket expenditure if you get tickets on release.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 am

I've been fortunate enough to only have to pay for myself over the past few years but it's still been a fair cost considering the wage I earn. My wife and I are expecting our first baby in April and the season tickets will become harder to afford and then if the kid wants to come to games as well then I'll have to play it season by season. I definitely think more offers should be available for families or parents that bring kids.