Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it an excuse to have a riot

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Just been watching all the rioters attacking US/UK based targets in Yemen, Egypt etc, The anger and hatred and numbers are very large. I thought to myself do they jump on the bandwagon and is it a chance to have a pop, throw some petrol bombs around in the same way youths in Northern Ireland do. The latest going on's seem to be driven by the US based film portraying Mohammed as this that and the other.

Now then my missus is Polish but finds father Ted funny, Christians in the UK found Life of Brian the same way, etc. You have to wonder are they over reacting and does it become just another opportunity to vent their anger and frustrations or should they just calm down and if someone makes a film like that they should not worry about it and carry on with their daily lives. :?

Re: Is it an excuse to have a riot

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 pm

religion has a lot to answer for.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:religion has a lot to answer for.

Well sadly it does appear to be behind a lot of the major wars or conflicts throughout the ages. I wish these people could just calm down and stop all the nonsense. I have just been down Pembrokeshire last weekend strolling around the coastal path <didnt see Pembroke Allan mind !!> and I thought I wish I could transport all these people there and say look at the beauty in the world let it go over your heads and live your lives rather than constantly cause conflict and anguish.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Basically they are an insecure lot.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:29 am

Good question. I was thinking it seems strange that all of these blokes are taking offence from a poxy film/ video short.

I agree with you, its an excuse to kick off.

Sport would do these countries a world of good. Get them scrapping against each other under the flag of each of their supported footy teams....or hitting lumps off each other on the rugby fields.

Would do wonders for woman's rights and pet dogs too, as I imagine they get more than their fair share of testosterone build up releasing slaps!

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:32 am

subbuteoman wrote:Just been watching all the rioters attacking US/UK based targets in Yemen, Egypt etc, The anger and hatred and numbers are very large. I thought to myself do they jump on the bandwagon and is it a chance to have a pop, throw some petrol bombs around in the same way youths in Northern Ireland do. The latest going on's seem to be driven by the US based film portraying Mohammed as this that and the other.

Now then my missus is Polish but finds father Ted funny, Christians in the UK found Life of Brian the same way, etc. You have to wonder are they over reacting and does it become just another opportunity to vent their anger and frustrations or should they just calm down and if someone makes a film like that they should not worry about it and carry on with their daily lives. :?

Everyone in the world is fed up of America, snooping and trying to dictate their countries, between them and Israel, parts of the world have had enough of them and are now trying to fight back and stand up to them.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:America

uk did for years.if it wasn't for american and uk aid most of these countries would be living in the dark ages.stop all the aid see how long they last.to riot over a 15 min film and kill 4 innocent americans doing their jobs is way over the top.our muslim brothers seem to get away with murder.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 am

steve wrote:

uk did for years.if it wasn't for american and uk aid most of these countries would be living in the dark ages.stop all the aid see how long they last.to riot over a 15 min film and kill 4 innocent americans doing their jobs is way over the top.our muslim brothers seem to get away with murder.

I am against us giving all this money to other countries, when our own country is being run down, but that does not mean we can dictate how other counties live or run their lives.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:
steve wrote:

I am against us giving all this money to other countries, when our own country is being run down, but that does not mean we can dictate how other counties live or run their lives.

i agree with you annis like i said uk and america having been trying to dictate how other countries have been run for years and years but they can not take the aid in one hand and have a gun in the other protesting against the west

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 am

steve wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
steve wrote:

i agree with you annis like i said uk and america having been trying to dictate how other countries have been run for years and years but they can not take the aid in one hand and have a gun in the other protesting against the west

I personally would just let them all get on with it and let them decide amongst themselves. We are in a no win situation.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 am

steve wrote:

Spot on mate.
Stop their aid and see how quickly they change their attitude.
Have to concentrate on working instead of the cowardly attacks on christians.
If they want a war why don't they declare a proper war instead of hiding behind women and children?
Running round in nighties shooting/burning people or hacking them to death, then as soon as the army retaliate they say the army killed civilians. f****ing cowards.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 am

hirwaunbluebird wrote:religion has a lot to answer for.

Religion isnt really good for anyone, its false and in some cases creates war

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:21 am

glas wrote:
steve wrote:

Spot on mate.
Stop their aid and see how quickly they change their attitude.
Have to concentrate on working instead of the cowardly attacks on christians.
If they want a war why don't they declare a proper war instead of hiding behind women and children?
Running round in nighties shooting/burning people or hacking them to death, then as soon as the army retaliate they say the army killed civilians. f****ing cowards.

Unfortunately in order to do that we,as well as the yanks and the french and the chineese and the russians would have to stop selling arms.You'd be suprised how many people would be put on the dole in this country alone if that happened.Theres not a political party in this country that has that kind of courage.None of these terrorists can make bullets or misiles but they can fire them.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:33 am

religion has been a smoke screen for everything for hundreds if not thousands of years. im suprised in this day in age with modern society and the facts we have that people are still stupid enough to stand by it so passionately.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 am

America's interventionist foreign policy is the catalyst for the majority of hate from extremists. 9/11 could have been prevented, for example.