Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Noone wanted to sign last January

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:25 am

Cardiff City star Craig Noone says he wanted to join the Bluebirds in January but is now delighted to be playing for Malky Mackay.

The flying winger signed for Cardiff from Brighton for £1m at the end of last month’s transfer window and admitted he had hoped the deal would have been done eight months earlier.

Speaking at the E-Cosway store in Cardiff, he said: “I thought it was going to be done in January but it wasn’t because Brighton wanted more money.

“The whole thing messed my head up to be honest but in the summer it came again and we got the transfer done ahead of deadline day - so I was delighted.

“This is a big club and they want to get to the Premier League as quickly as possible and so do I.

“I really enjoyed my debut against Wolves. But that win wasn’t about me, it was about the team picking up three points.

“It’s been a bit hectic the last couple of weeks but I am settled here now and looking forward to the rest of the season.”

Noone, 24, shone on his debut on the left wing and says he is happy to play on either side for the Bluebirds, adding: “I’ve set my standards here now and I need to perform, whichever position I play in. I can play either side, left or right. I can go down the line or cut in.”

But the Kirkby born flyer, who won a penalty against Wolves, which was slotted home by hat-trick hero Peter Whittingham, says his new team will be in for a tough ride this Championship season, despite some expensive summer signings, starting with Saturday’s tough clash against Leeds United.

Former Plymouth star Noone said: “I have played against them home and away a couple of times and it’s always tough. They have a good team and a good manager and are a good example of how hard it is to play in the Championship week-in, week-out.”

Despite the caution in his voice, like the rest of Malky Mackay’s team, there is only one goal in mind for Noone this season and that is reaching the Premier League by next Summer.

He said: “My aim is to play in the Premier League next and I want to get there as quick as possible and play as well as I can.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z26QGhGUFF

Re: Noone wanted to sign last January

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 am

He's going to prove to be a great signing for us, I'm so excited about this season and Craig Noone will be a part of our success.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:28 am

I love how terry Phillips titles all our players as "stars"! :lol:

Nooney will be an influential player this season - cant wait for us to really get going!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 am

Love this guy , reminds me of dave bennett :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 am

Oh how we could done with him in January as well!

Can't wait to see more of this lad ... Top talent! :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:56 pm

If only we had got him back in Jan!

At least we have him now, we have been missing a player like Noone for a while :D

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:42 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Love this guy , reminds me of dave bennett :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Like chalk and cheese :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:04 pm

What else do you expect him to say, I am glad I did not join in January I was cup tied and could not play in the Carling Cup, and I thought Brighton had a better chance of going up especially with Kenny Miller not being a prolific goal scorer all my hard work down the side would have come to nothing :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:08 pm

So basically everyone calling Carl a bullshitter for talking about the Chairman not selling is an idiot really.
Speaking highly of the team and the 3 points against Wolves is very good. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:So basically everyone calling Carl a bullshitter for talking about the Chairman not selling is an idiot really.
Speaking highly of the team and the 3 points against Wolves is very good. :ayatollah:

Dando, City really thought the deal was done in January but the Brighton chairman pulled the plug, similar to Watford for Sordell.

I appreciate the support though :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Even when the chairman come out on Sky Sports he said there was no selling.. I think the chairman was away somewhere.. I believed we nearly had him and its great to have him now anyway. :ayatollah: