Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you really hate the Jacks or just rivalry banter?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 am

For me, its just rivalry banter. We're both the most successful clubs in Wales and that's why the banter is there. If true, deep down I do respect them for what they have achieved. I don't hate them. They are just people like us who share a passion for a club who happen to be near us in terms of playing level and proximity.

I'd love for us to go up this year and them to stay up and get the South Wales derby going in the Premiership. What a moment that would be for the history of Welsh sport.

Before yesterday I would have classed my views on the Jacks as borderline hatred but yesterday was a learning curve in my life and having thought about it, it was definitely an immature way of thinking, which is a fault on my part. Okay, they've had idiots like Tate and Trundle mocking us, they've sang chants but we've been as bad too.

If the Jacks weren't around it would be very boring for us. Newport may never reach the heights of either of our clubs and even though Bristol is a great game, any game against them probably wouldn't match a South Wales Prem Derby. I think we'd all be gutted as Cardiff fans if the Jacks were gone. We may mock them in the aftermath but in the long run it would be a shame for us too.

Re: Do you really hate the Jacks or just rivalry banter?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:42 am

Scum

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:48 am

Bit of both for me, I have a friend whose a Jack season ticket holder who I have known for the majority of my life so unfortunatly cant get rid of now that hes one of them :lol:, I share a lot of rival banter with him. But at the same time I still hate their whole fan base and everything about them cant help it and its the same with Leeds and Bristol City

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 am

Just banter, I am really not bothered about them, as my dislike shall we say, was more towards Newport and the Worzels in the 80's and I am really not bothered about them, the hatred is mostly from them to us.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:the hatred is mostly from them to us.

Maybe in the past, but, in recent years it seems to be the other way around......not sure why.

Speaking from the other point of view, do I hate Cardiff fans. No. Anyone who hates someone because of the football team they support is a small minded fool.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just banter, I am really not bothered about them, as my dislike shall we say, was more towards Newport and the Worzels in the 80's and I am really not bothered about them, the hatred is mostly from them to us.

that surprised me mate :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 am

i'am a small minded fool.--------- utter tw*t's------ ONE and ALL. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: CCFC

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 am

taffy123 wrote:i'am a small minded fool.--------- utter tw*t's------ ONE and ALL. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: CCFC

This :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 am

Untill a few monthes back i did not realy know any cardiff,however i have since met a few who are realy tidy guys and enjoy our chats.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:25 am

Hate is a strong word but i personally can't stand the inbred gypo cunts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just banter, I am really not bothered about them, as my dislike shall we say, was more towards Newport and the Worzels in the 80's and I am really not bothered about them, the hatred is mostly from them to us.

Annis, i,m the same as you, they were never our rivals in the 70,s and 80,s, it was always bristol city, we also used to play newport and bristol rovers more than the jacks, i think us older generation of city fans will all agree on this, the younger city fans never knew this rivalry.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 am

Admire the team (except Tate) and club, f*cking deteste their fans, Tate and the City in general.

SCUM

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:42 am

Good and bad in everyone and no doubt some good jack fans out there but generally I do hate the cunts

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:47 am

They are just mildly irratating at times. Cant stand the Wurzzels though :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:21 am

50/50 Out of the ones I know, some are genuine fans and provide good banter, whereas some are arrogant scum who won't even have a discussion but consistently say "we are premier league" ... yawn!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:28 am

Got very little time for this rivalry between the 2 clubs.

I would agree the Jacks have a chip on the shoulder more about us than us on them even though they are doing better than us. The antics of the like of Tate, Trundle and Hartson must be cringeworthy for the decent Jack fan. Just glad none of our players have made pricks of themselves like those 3.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:35 pm

When Terry Coles died,Cardiff fans rang the millenium stadium and had a pisstaking message displayed on the giant screen.

When Mikey Dye passed,Swans fans organized a match to raise money for his family.

Go figure.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

6 bysedd wrote:When Terry Coles died, A SMALL MINDED MINORITY Cardiff fans rang the millenium stadium and had a pisstaking message displayed on the giant screen.

When Mikey Dye passed,Swans fans organized a match to raise money for his family.

Go figure.

fixed your post.

Every club has a minority of idiots following them.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 pm

WHO?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Early 90s they were an irratant, but more effort was made against newport cunty, carrot crunchers and Bury than the jackie shirlies

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Both. Team have done well, but the majority of people who support them are c*nts :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:25 pm

6 bysedd wrote:When Terry Coles died,Cardiff fans rang the millenium stadium and had a pisstaking message displayed on the giant screen.

Go figure.

The same Millenium Stadium where Swansea PLAYERS unhurled a "F*CK OFF CARDIFF" banner :roll:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm

shizzle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:the hatred is mostly from them to us.

Maybe in the past, but, in recent years it seems to be the other way around......not sure why.

Speaking from the other point of view, do I hate Cardiff fans. No. Anyone who hates someone because of the football team they support is a small minded fool.

I have to agree, some of our new fans have started to hate you.

Their is no hatred from myself, its just banter.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Obviously dislike the club - they have a lot of arrogant fans - mainly newcomers who want to watch premiership football.

I have respect for the fans that have been there for years, in the low days of Division 3.. A lot of friends of mine are Jacks.

Oh and my missus is a SCFC season ticket holder :o :o

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Would say rivalry. I remember when Swansea being close to relegation from Division 3 (think it was still that at the time) I believe we was away on the coaches when we heard their result and the Cardiff fans where reasonably happy they stayed up.

I know personally I'd rather them to do well as a team, just not as good as us. It's a love hate thing, I hate to love them but love to hate them. Although hate is too strong of a word it's just the only way I can describe it. It adds that something extra. I think the rivalry would only benefit from both teams doing well. The bigger the league, the more importance will be placed on it and the more exciting it'll be. So if I had my way, I'd want to watch both teams competing in the EPL battling it out for who'd have the more successful season. Preferably with us coming out on top.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 pm

6 bysedd wrote:When Terry Coles died,Cardiff fans rang the millenium stadium and had a pisstaking message displayed on the giant screen.

Go figure.

Easy to figure.

All clubs have such fans, small minority thankfully. I do recall your lot singing a song about Dave Jones and his innocent pass.

We can expect that from some of the fans but when your own footballers play those games well it does say much for the club who turn a blind eye to it.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Their quick enough to say they hate us and everything cardiff, as proved by Hartson publically, So i do hate them back. I guess its called dragging myself down to their level. But what i've noticed with the jacks on here and in my workplace is they do sulk and ask why i hate them when i say it. They think its great to hate us but its hurts when we hate them. I only hate them because they hate us.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Go figure.

a whole 30 swans fans helped with that match. the other 19,970 of you have now shunned that 30 for taking part.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Hate the Jack bastards.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Personally couldn't give a f**k about the Jacks, they have always been inferior to us as a City and their fans are thick as f**k, the Wurzels on the other hand I f*cking hate and they hate us. That is why I value the Severnside derby over any South Wales derby.

Only thing the Jacks do better than us is create a great atmosphere at home games, sadly since our attraction of the wrong type of fans (Families, Plastics, women) and the marginalisation of the old guard we have lost this ability.

:old: