Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES WOULD HAVE LEFT EARLIER

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 am

"Cardiff was a revolving door. If I could change anything, I would have left two years earlier".

This from Dave Jones to a Sheff Wed journalist.

Re: DAVE JONES WOULD HAVE LEFT EARLIER

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 am

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/spo ... -1-4924413

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:53 am

No suprise, after over achieving getting us to fa cup final his reputation was enhanced and premier league clubs were sniffing after him.
Ok he got us to play off final, which we could have won but the season after he failed with a very high budget.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:No suprise, after over achieving getting us to fa cup final his reputation was enhanced and premier league clubs were sniffing after him.
Ok he got us to play off final, which we could have won but the season after he failed with a very high budget.

He was sending cv's out left right and center. If someone had made him an offer then he would have gone no problem. Reality was though that there wasn't anyone else out there who would have paid him anywhere near what he was getting at Cardiff. That's why he didn't go anywhere for a year after leaving, not while he was getting that wedge from Cardiff.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:08 pm

yes, during his tenure he was the best paid manager in the division. was he the best? probably not.

he was settled here in south wales with his family and that cant be underestimated. but i dont believe that there were premiership clubs desperate to prise him away, just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Dont know why DJ gets such abuse over his salary its not like he held a gun to Ridlers head.

Yes he was overpaid for the Championship but your boss paid you more than you were worth would you go in and ask for a decrease? No, thought not.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Dont know why DJ gets such abuse over his salary its not like he held a gun to Ridlers head.

Yes he was overpaid for the Championship but your boss paid you more than you were worth would you go in and ask for a decrease? No, thought not.

Calm down Colin :lol:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Dont know why DJ gets such abuse over his salary its not like he held a gun to Ridlers head.

Of course he was never going to ask for a lower pay, and I don't blame him. But he shouldn't come out with stupid statements about how he would have left when the truth is money was the deciding factor. He would have left 2 years ago? No, more like he would have left 10 minutes after arriving at NP if someone had offered him more money. Why he can't be honest about that I don't know.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Berwyn wrote:

Of course he was never going to ask for a lower pay, and I don't blame him. But he shouldn't come out with stupid statements about how he would have left when the truth is money was the deciding factor. He would have left 2 years ago? No, more like he would have left 10 minutes after arriving at NP if someone had offered him more money. Why he can't be honest about that I don't know.

Oh come on, its the unwritten rule in football. Everyone plays for money, no-one admits it.

Old DJ isnt alone on that score!!! :lol:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Ungrateful fat wanker :evil: :evil:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:35 pm

DAVE JONES SHOULD NEVER HAVE LEFT.

Great manager, would have taken us up with this squad and the backing from the Malaysians. The Anti Daves on here astound me, he's one of out most succesful managers and took us to hair of the Premiership as well as the FA cup final, you are the ungrateful ones if anything.

:old:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:37 pm

DJ was the best manager we had in years. However, the time was right for us to part ways.

He even said himself at the start of the last season; "If I don't get us promoted with this squad, I should be sacked."