Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bigot

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 am

When you hold political views that i do,you need to grow extra thick skin and also the ability to remember all the names that are flung at you,the latest being Bigot,which was kindly provided by one of the most inspirational leaders of our time.."Clegg" (how i managed to type that with a straight face i don't know)apparently you kneed to have the temerity to think that a Christian marriage should have as its principle characters,one man and one woman exchanging vows to each other,yes you got it,i'm against same sex marriage,in fact im against Homosexuality full stop,i refuse to use the word gay,as it has been hijacked by Homosexuals,so im a bigot and proud of it,now i move on to another contentious issue,the alleged poking fun of the Prophet Mohamed,i condemn the making of this short film on two counts,first.one should never set out to denigrate another persons religious believes secondly. don't give certain Islammists another excuse to demonstrate and take life,also it does seem strange to me to see the British media give so much air time to this issue of the making of the film in question,and also in the past,the burning of pages from the Koran,when on the other hand,hardly any air time was given to the burning down of Christian churches with the worshipers still inside,given them the horrifying choice of either staying in the church and burning to death,or running outside to be hacked to death,can you imagine the outcry if Mosques were burned to the ground and all the worshipers murdered by Christians,does this not demonstrate that their is one law for Muslims and one law for the rest of us.........someone once said never get old in this country,i would like to ammend that to read..........never be white,Chritian and heterosexual,in this"anything goes" multicultural wonderland we call Britain...oh did you know you need courage to burgle someones house,you couldn't make it up

Re: Bigot

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:06 am

angelis49 wrote:When you hold political views that i do,you need to grow extra thick skin and also the ability to remember all the names that are flung at you,the latest being Bigot,which was kindly provided by one of the most inspirational leaders of our time.."Clegg" (how i managed to type that with a straight face i don't know)apparently you kneed to have the temerity to think that a Christian marriage should have as its principle characters,one man and one woman exchanging vows to each other,yes you got it,i'm against same sex marriage,in fact im against Homosexuality full stop,i refuse to use the word gay,as it has been hijacked by Homosexuals,so im a bigot and proud of it,now i move on to another contentious issue,the alleged poking fun of the Prophet Mohamed,i condemn the making of this short film on two counts,first.one should never set out to denigrate another persons religious believes secondly. don't give certain Islammists another excuse to demonstrate and take life,also it does seem strange to me to see the British media give so much air time to this issue of the making of the film in question,and also in the past,the burning of pages from the Koran,when on the other hand,hardly any air time was given to the burning down of Christian churches with the worshipers still inside,given them the horrifying choice of either staying in the church and burning to death,or running outside to be hacked to death,can you imagine the outcry if Mosques were burned to the ground and all the worshipers murdered by Christians,does this not demonstrate that their is one law for Muslims and one law for the rest of us.........someone once said never get old in this country,i would like to ammend that to read..........never be white,Chritian and heterosexual,in this"anything goes" multicultural wonderland we call Britain...oh did you know you need courage to burgle someones house,you couldn't make it up

It is indeed a crazy world. I'm not against homosexuals, they live their lives and I live mine. As for the religious thing, I'd like to see the human race turn away from all religion, but it probably won't happen.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

My dear Nedd,you seem to adhere to the John Lennon views on religion,views that im afraid to tell you, are bordering on the naive,as long as there are humans walking this planet,they will always need someone or something to worship

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

angelis49 wrote:My dear Nedd,you seem to adhere to the John Lennon views on religion,views that im afraid to tell you, are bordering on the naive,as long as there are humans walking this planet,they will always need someone or something to worship

I wouldn't call it naive, I'd call it optimistic. I am expecting the human race to evolve still further in the years to come, although not necessarily in my lifetime. With better education (if governments allow it), I think more people will turn away from religions, just as children turn away from believing in Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy etc when they become adults.

What some people need is friends they can rely upon, not a fairytale to believe in.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 am

brilliant nedd. ;)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:37 pm

spot on nedd i agree completley

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:10 pm

My dear Nedd are you seriously suggesting to me that there is no such thing as Father Christmas or the Tooth Fairy.......at the risk of upsetting you,i intend to quote from the Bible "oh yea of little faith"..let me tell you Nedd if the time ever came when young and old alike came to believe there are no such entities as Father Christmas or the Tooth Fairy,we would have reached that moment in time where Mankind had started to stare into the abyss

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:17 pm

I agree with Nedd I have nothing against people believing in what they want to but I would prefer it if humanity moved away from religon as it simply brings more problems to the table than good. My thoughts on religon are simply that it was created and worshiped by people in the past because of the fear of the unknown. Now with science evolving continously theres no need for it. But each to their own

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

angelis49 wrote:My dear Nedd are you seriously suggesting to me that there is no such thing as Father Christmas or the Tooth Fairy.......at the risk of upsetting you,i intend to quote from the Bible "oh yea of little faith"..let me tell you Nedd if the time ever came when young and old alike came to believe there are no such entities as Father Christmas or the Tooth Fairy,we would have reached that moment in time where Mankind had started to stare into the abyss

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm

angelis49 wrote:When you hold political views that i do,you need to grow extra thick skin and also the ability to remember all the names that are flung at you,the latest being Bigot,which was kindly provided by one of the most inspirational leaders of our time.."Clegg" (how i managed to type that with a straight face i don't know)apparently you kneed to have the temerity to think that a Christian marriage should have as its principle characters,one man and one woman exchanging vows to each other,yes you got it,i'm against same sex marriage,in fact im against Homosexuality full stop,i refuse to use the word gay,as it has been hijacked by Homosexuals,so im a bigot and proud of it,now i move on to another contentious issue,the alleged poking fun of the Prophet Mohamed,i condemn the making of this short film on two counts,first.one should never set out to denigrate another persons religious believes secondly. don't give certain Islammists another excuse to demonstrate and take life,also it does seem strange to me to see the British media give so much air time to this issue of the making of the film in question,and also in the past,the burning of pages from the Koran,when on the other hand,hardly any air time was given to the burning down of Christian churches with the worshipers still inside,given them the horrifying choice of either staying in the church and burning to death,or running outside to be hacked to death,can you imagine the outcry if Mosques were burned to the ground and all the worshipers murdered by Christians,does this not demonstrate that their is one law for Muslims and one law for the rest of us.........someone once said never get old in this country,i would like to ammend that to read..........never be white,Chritian and heterosexual,in this"anything goes" multicultural wonderland we call Britain...oh did you know you need courage to burgle someones house,you couldn't make it up

I couldn't believe the lack of coverage the media has given to Clegg's "Bigot" speech. Ok he removed the word from his speech before he made it. I was brought up in a strict Roman Catholic environment and I must say I found his use of the word "Bigot" for anyone opposed to Homosexual marriage highly offensive.

I would ask brother Clegg to take note of Leviticus 20:10:13 -And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Now I'm not advocating homosexuals are put to death as I look at human behaviour and apply an each to their own mentality. As such concensual sex between same sex partners is between them and their maker and as long as it takes place behind closed doors then I can accept it. However as gay couples now have the right to make a commitment to each other through a civil service I cannot accept there is any need to allow "marriage". That for me is an abomination.

Mr Clegg please read Leviticus 20:10:13 and ask reconsider who you call a bigot.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:23 pm

I hope I'm young enough to see the end of right-wing, religious bigots, although I fear that won't be the case.

Gay people haven't made the choice to be gay, its just the way they are. There is nothing wrong with it. There is no logical reason for it not being a normal part of life, but some idiots (from the working classes to the government) make it hard for them to come out and be happy.

What's with all the hate? It'd be too easy to blame strict parents or repressed homosexual feelings, just live and let live. Get over you're bigoted opinions and let people enjoy life. Some people are gay. It's fine. Some gay people want to commit the rest of their lives to each other. That's fine too.

A lot of people say "I'm not religious but I respect other people's religion" and I include myself in that, but you need to realise that they have some very dangerous ideas. Bear in mind that these were words that may or may not have been written over two thousand years ago (in reference to the Christian Bible) and even longer in other cases. This is not the world we live in now.

I agree with a poster above that religion was created for fear of death/ the unknown, and there is little need for it now. I don't want to sound like a tree-hugging hippy, but this view really isn't that radical: just open your minds, realise that these are human beings with needs and feelings and let them just get on with life.
Homophobia, as with racism, sexism, etc. has absolutely no place in the modern world.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:I hope I'm young enough to see the end of right-wing, religious bigots, although I fear that won't be the case.

Gay people haven't made the choice to be gay, its just the way they are. There is nothing wrong with it. There is no logical reason for it not being a normal part of life, but some idiots (from the working classes to the government) make it hard for them to come out and be happy.

What's with all the hate? It'd be too easy to blame strict parents or repressed homosexual feelings, just live and let live. Get over you're bigoted opinions and let people enjoy life. Some people are gay. It's fine. Some gay people want to commit the rest of their lives to each other. That's fine too.

A lot of people say "I'm not religious but I respect other people's religion" and I include myself in that, but you need to realise that they have some very dangerous ideas. Bear in mind that these were words that may or may not have been written over two thousand years ago (in reference to the Christian Bible) and even longer in other cases. This is not the world we live in now.

I agree with a poster above that religion was created for fear of death/ the unknown, and there is little need for it now. I don't want to sound like a tree-hugging hippy, but this view really isn't that radical: just open your minds, realise that these are human beings with needs and feelings and let them just get on with life.
Homophobia, as with racism, sexism, etc. has absolutely no place in the modern world

Excellent post, particularly the last bit that I've highlighted.

:thumbup:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 pm

castleblue wrote:

I couldn't believe the lack of coverage the media has given to Clegg's "Bigot" speech. Ok he removed the word from his speech before he made it. I was brought up in a strict Roman Catholic environment and I must say I found his use of the word "Bigot" for anyone opposed to Homosexual marriage highly offensive.

I would ask brother Clegg to take note of Leviticus 20:10:13 -And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Now I'm not advocating homosexuals are put to death as I look at human behaviour and apply an each to their own mentality. As such concensual sex between same sex partners is between them and their maker and as long as it takes place behind closed doors then I can accept it. However as gay couples now have the right to make a commitment to each other through a civil service I cannot accept there is any need to allow "marriage". That for me is an abomination.

Mr Clegg please read Leviticus 20:10:13 and ask reconsider who you call a bigot.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agree with everything 100%.i,d like to add in the new test paul states that they shouldn,t be harmed and treated well or words to that effect.i,m like you i have no probs with gays,i know some.the civil service is enough though i.m.o .the c.o e is classed as a arm of the state.the people doing the thinking at the top level in 20012 britain do not want anything to get in the way of their wishy washy anything goes society. i doubt other churches can be forced to do these marriages as they are independent.get ready for loads of c.o.e bailing out to the r.c or methodists(already has started).also whats to stop a group of people forming a new church based on c.o.e lines but independent .funded by their taxs .?there is a way to do it .

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:26 pm

I have no idea how old DamnRightIveGotTheBlues is,im hoping he is young enough to excuse such arrant nonsense he has just posted,as long as mankind is the dominant specious on our planet,you will never live in a world,free of racism,religious intolerance,homophobia and the lust to kill each other at the drop of a hat,when these drugged up flower people of the late sixties advocated banning the bomb,they overlooked that simple adage that you cant uninvent something that has already been invented,now all that i have just typed may sound defeatist and ever so cynical,but i have now lived on this planet for over five score years plus ten,and have come to accept you have to live in the real world,not some magic kingdom where everybody is equal,there are no more wars and mans inhumanity to man has been eradicated,i say to my left wing friends,to put away the magic mushrooms and live in the real world,and hope that in time before its to late for us all, left wing,right wing,blue shirts or red,that we might make a more enlightened world...............play the hand your dealt, not the one you had hoped to receive

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 pm

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:I hope I'm young enough to see the end of right-wing, religious bigots, although I fear that won't be the case.

So you'll be what 10 or 12 years old? right wing and religion are not in the same ball park very very from from it. It's you lefty sorry for yourselves total control over everyone's lives that are the bigots. Now either grow a pair of balls, grow up or spend your time on CCMB.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 am

angelis49 wrote:I have no idea how old DamnRightIveGotTheBlues is,im hoping he is young enough to excuse such arrant nonsense he has just posted,as long as mankind is the dominant specious on our planet,you will never live in a world,free of racism,religious intolerance,homophobia and the lust to kill each other at the drop of a hat,when these drugged up flower people of the late sixties advocated banning the bomb,they overlooked that simple adage that you cant uninvent something that has already been invented,now all that i have just typed may sound defeatist and ever so cynical,but i have now lived on this planet for over five score years plus ten,and have come to accept you have to live in the real world,not some magic kingdom where everybody is equal,there are no more wars and mans inhumanity to man has been eradicated,i say to my left wing friends,to put away the magic mushrooms and live in the real world,and hope that in time before its to late for us all, left wing,right wing,blue shirts or red,that we might make a more enlightened world...............play the hand your dealt, not the one you had hoped to receive

Why is such a bad thing to hope for more equality in the world? If we did not we would give up on improving others lives which surely as a christian you would want? Though I agree it is neigh on impossible to stop war, I will go as far and say that religon causes more. Look at the islamic faith, if any body so much as disagrees with their faith they turn to burning effigies and murder. Though there has been "bigotry" towards their faith they need to learn that they have to accept that others dont believe in the same faith as them.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am

angelis49 wrote:I have no idea how old DamnRightIveGotTheBlues is,im hoping he is young enough to excuse such arrant nonsense he has just posted,as long as mankind is the dominant specious on our planet,you will never live in a world,free of racism,religious intolerance,homophobia and the lust to kill each other at the drop of a hat,when these drugged up flower people of the late sixties advocated banning the bomb,they overlooked that simple adage that you cant uninvent something that has already been invented,now all that i have just typed may sound defeatist and ever so cynical,but i have now lived on this planet for over five score years plus ten,and have come to accept you have to live in the real world,not some magic kingdom where everybody is equal,there are no more wars and mans inhumanity to man has been eradicated,i say to my left wing friends,to put away the magic mushrooms and live in the real world,and hope that in time before its to late for us all, left wing,right wing,blue shirts or red,that we might make a more enlightened world...............play the hand your dealt, not the one you had hoped to receive

Being told to live in the real world by a grown-up man that believes in Jesus Christ must be the height of irony.
You seriously believe that a man was born to a virgin mother but not that two normal people of the same gender should be hapy with each other?

You are right about one thing though, I know I won't see the back of religious, right-wing bigots. It was a silly comment said in hope, more than anything else, because I am aware that as Britain, and the world, gets more liberal and multicultural, sad people like you get more radical, thus evening out any progressive, forward-thinking.

I never even came close to believing in some utopia where there is no war or inhumanity, you literally just made that bit up to sound more clever, or possibly more confused. I'm going to side with confused as you think that your outdated dogmas and intolerant attitudes give you any part in making "a more enlightened world" (who is the hippy now?)

This isn't about some idealistic future, this is about respecting an individual, group or community for who they are. You're not being asked to love murderers, rapists or paedophiles, these are men and women who happen to like men and women. They haven't hurt anybody. That isn't left-wing or right wing, its called being a decent human being.

And also, assuming that i take magic mushrooms to play down my beliefs is ridiculous. I never said anything about banning the bomb, ending war or taking drugs. Debate the subject you were given, not the one you had hoped to recieve.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:

So you'll be what 10 or 12 years old? right wing and religion are not in the same ball park very very from from it. It's you lefty sorry for yourselves total control over everyone's lives that are the bigots. Now either grow a pair of balls, grow up or spend your time on CCMB.

If I assumed they were the same, I would have called them the same.
Einstein was religious and not right wing.
Hitler was religious and right wing.

Get it?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:16 am

Eurgh, such a cringeworthy thread.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:I agree with Nedd I have nothing against people believing in what they want to but I would prefer it if humanity moved away from religon as it simply brings more problems to the table than good. My thoughts on religon are simply that it was created and worshiped by people in the past because of the fear of the unknown. Now with science evolving continously theres no need for it. But each to their own

Did anyone catch the debate on TV the other night between Richard Dawkins and Andrew Sachs?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 am

OhhhGa wrote:Eurgh, such a cringeworthy thread.

Gotta agree here.Its like the religous types that come knocking at your door-you tell them where to go but they always come back for more.This thread is the internet version. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Gotta agree here.Its like the religous types that come knocking at your door-you tell them where to go but they always come back for more.This thread is the internet version. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't want to talk about it then don't come on the thread?!?!?!? You're complaining we're knocking on the door but this is the equivalent of you coming to find us on the street!!! lol

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 am

Natman Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

If you don't want to talk about it then don't come on the thread?!?!?!? You're complaining we're knocking on the door but this is the equivalent of you coming to find us on the street!!! lol

I take your point so could you direct me to some Mormons that like talking football. :D

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:05 am

You are older than a hundred and ten?!! I seriously doubt that.

As for the rest, well, I haven't got all day but it was amusing, too.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:08 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:

I don't want control over your life, Wally. I'll stay on the Forum, thanks. I've got a pair of balls, I am grown up and I don't like ccmb, that's why I'm on here.

P.S. look up the word "bigot" in a dictionary.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I take your point so could you direct me to some Mormons that like talking football. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They'll be too busy wearing suits with name badges and wandering the streets scaring people, won't they?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 am

I don't see the issue with gay/equal marriage personally. The church doesn't have to get involved as marriage is sanctioned by the state anyhow. It's all part of the evolution of society.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 am

OhhhGa wrote:I don't see the issue with gay/equal marriage personally. The church doesn't have to get involved as marriage is sanctioned by the state anyhow. It's all part of the evolution of society.

Some people want to stop it, though. That'll be people like angelis49, who called people who opposed his views the other day "Luddites." Incredible, but true.

:D

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:I don't see the issue with gay/equal marriage personally. The church doesn't have to get involved as marriage is sanctioned by the state anyhow. It's all part of the evolution of society.

Some people want to stop it, though. That'll be people like angelis49, who called people who opposed his views the other day "Luddites." Incredible, but true.

:D

One might call them bigots ;)