Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy and Maynard signing

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 am

I was reading here that Nicky and Craig will be signing autographs in town and I was wondering if it's worth me heading along. For the record I am a Bristol City fan but I do admire Bellamys footballing ability and I obviously have fond memories of Nicky and would like to wish him well at Cardiff.

I'd like to get a signed photo of them both, not sure what this would cost but I'm more worried about what the reaction would be if I turned up in my Bristol City shirt. I'd like to wear it to give Nicky a boost, kind of show him that not all Bristol City fans dislike the guy, in fact I still regard him as one of my favourite players. Just wondering if the crowd will be too big to actually get a chance to get something signed or not as my Mrs (a Cardiff born lass) would not be happy about going into town only to get stand in line and not see the guys haha.

Re: Bellamy and Maynard signing

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:55 am

For staters, it's Craig Noone and not Bellamy.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:56 am

Craig Noone signing with Maynard NOT Bellamy!

Re: Noone and Maynard signing

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:57 am

Spike wrote:I was reading here that Nicky and Craig will be signing autographs in town and I was wondering if it's worth me heading along. For the record I am a Bristol City fan but I do admire Bellamys footballing ability and I obviously have fond memories of Nicky and would like to wish him well at Cardiff.

I'd like to get a signed photo of them both, not sure what this would cost but I'm more worried about what the reaction would be if I turned up in my Bristol City shirt. I'd like to wear it to give Nicky a boost, kind of show him that not all Bristol City fans dislike the guy, in fact I still regard him as one of my favourite players. Just wondering if the crowd will be too big to actually get a chance to get something signed or not as my Mrs (a Cardiff born lass) would not be happy about going into town only to get stand in line and not see the guys haha.

You'll be fine. Enjoy.

:thumbup:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 am

Haha sorry, early morning with two kids, brain is not yet functioning at capacity of both brain cells. I'm mainly interested in going down to wish Nicky well, I'm not a violent bloke, live in Cardiff and my kids are both from my Cardiff born Mrs so I'm not looking for trouble, quite the opposite, just not sure how a Bristol City fan would be met in Cardiff at a Cardiff City signing lol

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 am

Spike wrote:Haha sorry, early morning with two kids, brain is not yet functioning at capacity of both brain cells. I'm mainly interested in going down to wish Nicky well, I'm not a violent bloke, live in Cardiff and my kids are both from my Cardiff born Mrs so I'm not looking for trouble, quite the opposite, just not sure how a Bristol City fan would be met in Cardiff at a Cardiff City signing lol

Probably lots of red shirts there, anyway, as that's our new home shirt, so you won't stand out. You'll be fine.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:05 am

I'd not wear a shirt mate. You will always have some little smart-arsed dickhead willing to swear/give you abuse, even in front of the kids/wife.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 am

Spike wrote:I was reading here that Nicky and Craig will be signing autographs in town and I was wondering if it's worth me heading along. For the record I am a Bristol City fan but I do admire Bellamys footballing ability and I obviously have fond memories of Nicky and would like to wish him well at Cardiff.

You'll get more abuse if you wore a Manchester United/Liverpool top but I'd recommend just covering up anyway, it'll be mostly little kids with their parents

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 am

mate wear what you like no one would give you trouble at a signing day anyway, will only be kids with familys so enjoy :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

more than welcome, and you wear what you want, there will be no trouble at all i can guarantee!... i might pop and have a look considering i got a theory test in cardiff at 2!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:26 am

Spike wrote:Haha sorry, early morning with two kids, brain is not yet functioning at capacity of both brain cells. I'm mainly interested in going down to wish Nicky well, I'm not a violent bloke, live in Cardiff and my kids are both from my Cardiff born Mrs so I'm not looking for trouble, quite the opposite, just not sure how a Bristol City fan would be met in Cardiff at a Cardiff City signing lol

Sounds to me like your looking for trouble butt...... Only joking. Should be fine mate, If you are a little worried don't wear the Brizol shirt.

Have a good day. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:05 pm

If the shirt was just to give Nicky a boost of confidence and your worried, just don't wear the shirt and just TELL Nicky not all brizzle fans hate him etc. Sure the accent would be a giveaway ;)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:29 pm

You'll be fine mate, like it's been said you will probably get some little c*nt say one or two things but there would be no trouble. There will be plenty of security there anyway.

Can't be as bad as a f*cking swan fan wearing his top in Cardiff Central train station. He had the daggers all the way until his train turned up.