Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Chris Coleman makes worst ever Wales manager start:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -game.html

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2202215/Chris-Coleman-hopes-Craig-Bellamy-return-Wales-Scotland-game.html

Taken from the link above in Coleman's own words

[b]'And he needs to be clear, really clear, because the environment of international football is not the right place to be if you are not up to dealing with the challenges it brings.'

Yes exactly Chris it sums you up you fool

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Nj can you give me a reason why the welsh f.a. Should stick with coleman and co?

Because a knee jerk reaction to a poor start is not what is needed given the whole situation.

Now I'm certainly not saying that Coleman will turn out to be the best man for the job, but as I've said previously, he took over in the most difficult circumstances possible and while people say he inherited a team of top form playing well. But that is only a part of the picture as the reality is he took over a group of young men traumatised from losing their mentor in such unexpected and tragic circumstances.

Just look at how the Speed situation has affected Craig Bellamy who made himself unavailable for these two crucial world cup games.

I honestly think that there was no one who would have been able to lift the players over the period of time that has passed.

Therefore, in my opinion, this campaign was always going to be a right off due to these circumstances and Coleman should be given the full campaign to try and lift the squad and turn it around. To sack him after a poor start while the squad is clearly still suffering the massive hangover from the loss of Speed would be wrong as I believe what is needed now is some continuity and stability.

I know this won't be a popular view on here though.

I did say and think I did put something about giving Coleman a chance after the Belgium game as the ref was bent. What was obvious in Novi Sad was that the player's do not want to play for him so he's on a looser to start with.

The blame for our piss pour performance lies solely with the Welsh FA.