Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

iPhone 5? Thoughts? Merlin?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:45 pm

??

Re: iPhone 5? Thoughts? Merlin?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 pm

I want one ,I've been out of contract since febuary. Still got the 3GS :shock: as I didn't want to renew as I knew the 5 was coming out.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:02 pm

It's has a bigger screen than the 4S, wowza, not exactly a mouthwatering update and im a bit of an apple fanboy

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah was hoping for something more exciting.

The thing most people I wanted was a better battery and they seemed to mostly ignored this although supposed to be slightly better than the 4s

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Very underwhelming if you ask me. Slightly bigger screen, although phone is lighter and slimmer (copying the S3 ;) and has 4G compatibility which will be rolled out to 16 major UK cities at the end of the year.

Personally I'm more excited about Jelly Bean OS for S3 users coming out in October! Should make this phone he'll of a lot smoother and better...... Not that there's anything wrong with it but I hear Jelly Bean is suppose to be a definite upgrade in OS for Android.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Merlin wrote:Very underwhelming if you ask me. Slightly bigger screen, although phone is lighter and slimmer (copying the S3 ;) and has 4G compatibility which will be rolled out to 16 major UK cities at the end of the year.

Personally I'm more excited about Jelly Bean OS for S3 users coming out in October! Should make this phone he'll of a lot smoother and better...... Not that there's anything wrong with it but I hear Jelly Bean is suppose to be a definite upgrade in OS for Android.

You have lost this golden oldie there Craig :? :? :? :? :? Any way are you out on Saturday for a few swift ones :?: :?: :?:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Very underwhelming if you ask me. Slightly bigger screen, although phone is lighter and slimmer (copying the S3 ;) and has 4G compatibility which will be rolled out to 16 major UK cities at the end of the year.

You have lost this golden oldie there Craig :? :? :? :? :? Any way are you out on Saturday for a few swift ones :?: :?: :?:

Yes be in canton at some point :ayatollah: I'll ring you

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Totally rubbish, its not a patch on the high end Androids.
Apple are miles behind Google now plus with the inclusion of LTE Samsung can now sue them as they own most :ayatollah: of the patents

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Yes be in canton at some point :ayatollah: I'll ring you

On your i phone 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm

I've been waiting a while for this, and having been out of contract for about 6 months I was hoping it would be a good one.
As far as I can tell there isn't actually much new, other than a bigger screen.

A step up from my current HTC, but I don't think it's any better than the current top-end Androids.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Owain wrote:I've been waiting a while for this, and having been out of contract for about 6 months I was hoping it would be a good one.
As far as I can tell there isn't actually much new, other than a bigger screen.

A step up from my current HTC, but I don't think it's any better than the current top-end Androids.

And the 4 Gs Chief that will give you better internet than you have on your PC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Very underwhelming. "Larger screen to fit an extra row on the home screen!!!!" zzzzz

GOTONANDROID

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Not much changed and they will still charge a fortune for it.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 am

The other issue is, what's the point having 4G technology for lightening fast streaming etc while we are all on super restrictive data plans???

It's all well and good when you connected to your wifi, but out and about your getting clobbered for data streaming of worthwhile things like YouTube or Sky Go!

Get us back on unlimited plans and I'll consider getting one!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:08 am

Gavlar wrote:The other issue is, what's the point having 4G technology for lightening fast streaming etc while we are all on super restrictive data plans???

It's all well and good when you connected to your wifi, but out and about your getting clobbered for data streaming of worthwhile things like YouTube or Sky Go!

When 4G is in, then the unlimited internet plans will come back as 4G will use different cell sites to the voice traffic.

4G has been a long time coming, they have it it America for most smartphones. So agai. - its nothing revolutionary by apple to have their phones 4G ready. With regards to a better battery life on the iP5 - well....it can't exactly get much worse than the iP4s can it? Personally, I have loved Android since its first phone, the G1. Never had an iPhone and never will. Just love Android that much. And the S3 - wow

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:14 am

Gavlar wrote:The other issue is, what's the point having 4G technology for lightening fast streaming etc while we are all on super restrictive data plans???

I'm on an unlimited data plan on T-Mobile with my htc. Problem is ill be stuck on it for another 18months plus as I only upgraded a few months back so won't be getting 4g anyway :(

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 am

There a couple of features for me that should be quite useful. I travel alot so the Maps look pretty impressive and their partner ship with Tom Tom almost feels like you have a built in Sat Nav. The ability to use Face time on any cellular network is also welcomed (not just Wifi)
Unwelcomed is the new connector which means I will be looking for adaptor for my docking stations.

I will hold back on the size and shape until I see it close up . A major turn off on the S3 was the size .. I would had to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes to fit it in my pocket :D

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 am

What more do you want? It's all about power and 4G.

When does ios6 come out?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:21 am

Dicey wrote:There a couple of features for me that should be quite useful. I travel alot so the Maps look pretty impressive and their partner ship with Tom Tom almost feels like you have a built in Sat Nav. The ability to use Face time on any cellular network is also welcomed (not just Wifi)
Unwelcomed is the new connector which means I will be looking for adaptor for my docking stations.

I will hold back on the size and shape until I see it close up . A major turn off on the S3 was the size .. I would had to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes to fit it in my pocket :D

You can use 3G for facetime on any jail broken iphone ;-)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am

I too have unlimited data plan on 3's one plan

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Still got 20 months to go on my 4S, and I'm happy with it - much prefer it to Androids. By the time my contract is up, the iPhone 6 will probably be out :lol:

All new phones are going to have minor improvements over the next few years, until things get even better.

Still prefer Apple to Android by a million miles. As for Blackberry, the sun has set.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Still got 20 months to go on my 4S, and I'm happy with it - much prefer it to Androids. By the time my contract is up, the iPhone 6 will probably be out :lol:

All new phones are going to have minor improvements over the next few years, until things get even better.

Still prefer Apple to Android by a million miles. As for Blackberry, the sun has set.

So did I for a while mate. But having owned a fairly decent android phone, with Quad Core processor and larger screen (which is what I wanted) I'd say the minor updates in iphone 5 will soon be surpassed by the technnology Samsung can now work on ahead of releasing their competitor in the coming year, I think Samsung will make a bigger leap with their next product than what iPhone have just upgraded.

Also, I'm liking the look of the Asus Transformer Prime and the Galaxy Tab2 over the iPad as well.
One things for certain, there will be plenty of 4's and 4S's for sale shortly prior to the upgraded 5! the 4S being the better obviously.... so if anyone else is reading and fancies an iphone - try and pick yourselve's up a 4S if your apple rather than Android.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Well i am gonna get myself the new i phone 10 :lol:
578447_494782453865911_1259455690_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Total joke of a phone. First time I've said that about iPhones. Come the end of this contract with my current iPhone, I may just switch to an S3.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 am

People don't appreciate specs. They want laser beams and shit.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:12 am

Karl wrote:People don't appreciate specs. They want laser beams and shit.

Ooowwwww sounds gd :)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am

To be fair as an iphone owner this new one is shocking. I would like a SG3 but the build quality is pants. HTC is the best Android partner in my view. Just root it and stick stock OS on it.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:04 am

mr moose wrote:To be fair as an iphone owner this new one is shocking. I would like a SG3 but the build quality is pants. HTC is the best Android partner in my view. Just root it and stick stock OS on it.

The only thing i dont like about the build on the S3 is the flimsy cheap home button and the dodgy thin cheap plastic rear cover! The rest of it is great!