Thank you for posting this

Re: Still gives me goosebumps!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:51 am

How things have changed.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWdL86yoMs

Roll on Saturday! :ayatollah:

You can see Mikey Dye on there, congratulating Scott Young at the end. If only we could turn back the clock.

That was an occasion to remember and I can't believe it's over 10 years ago. I was in the Grandstand lower, beneath blocks A & B and I remember Mark Viduka turning to us to celebrate his goal, rather than the Leeds fans. He had taken a lot of abuse from us, as had the whole Leeds team, but we got the last laugh.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:54 am

I remember like was yesterday. Was I'm the bob towards the grange and still, along with Turner at Wembley, the best cheer for a City goal to remember.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:I remember like was yesterday. Was I'm the bob towards the grange and still, along with Turner at Wembley, the best cheer for a City goal to remember.

My wife mentioned the other day that she rang me just before Scott Young scored the winner and had to pull the phone away from her ear when the goal went in! Needless to say, the conversation ended quickly that day!

:lol:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Great to watch that, even for the hundredth time :lol: :lol:

Cracking night :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Leo Leo Leo Leo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Leo Leo Leo Leo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He only had to come on during some games and the defenders would be distracted by him - which is precisely what happened against Leeds, they all wanted a piece of him. Scott Young pops up, thank you very much and good night, Leeds!

:D

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

He only had to come on during some games and the defenders would be distracted by him - which is precisely what happened against Leeds, they all wanted a piece of him. Scott Young pops up, thank you very much and good night, Leeds!

I loved Leo Fortune West in my teens - the guy is a legend in my eyes! Especially after that hat trick!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

I loved Leo Fortune West in my teens - the guy is a legend in my eyes! Especially after that hat trick!

Always kept himself very fit, always gave 100% (despite not being the most gifted player) and, according to a friend of mine, a gentleman off the pitch, too.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:18 pm

I met him once in town centre in Game.

I was 15 I think - he was an absolute great. I chatted to him, very well spoken and polite even though I was probably annoying him with my inane questions and autograph request!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:I met him once in town centre in Game.

I was 15 I think - he was an absolute great. I chatted to him, very well spoken and polite even though I was probably annoying him with my inane questions and autograph request!

He had his critics, but always a true professional. Other players we've had could learn a lot from him, about attitude etc.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

He had his critics, but always a true professional. Other players we've had could learn a lot from him, about attitude etc.

Totally agree. Leo is a very articulate man and whatever the level, defenders hated playing against him. Leo wasn't just a big bruiser, he was intelligent as well and used his attributes to the best of his ability to cause problems. I only ever saw Leo come up against a centre back bigger than him once and that was this black Torquay centre back who was 6'6. I can't remember his name, but Leo got the better of him and scored as well. The 300k (I believe it was) that we paid for Leo was money well spent. We needed a Leo to get us out of the lower divisions and the fact we all mention Leo now shows what a huge contribution he made to our football club. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Totally agree. Leo is a very articulate man and whatever the level, defenders hated playing against him. Leo wasn't just a big bruiser, he was intelligent as well and used his attributes to the best of his ability to cause problems. I only ever saw Leo come up against a centre back bigger than him once and that was this black Torquay centre back who was 6'6. I can't remember his name, but Leo got the better of him and scored as well. The 300k (I believe it was) that we paid for Leo was money well spent. We needed a Leo to get us out of the lower divisions and the fact we all mention Leo now shows what a huge contribution he made to our football club. :ayatollah:

Well said, mate.