Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forum Lottery Syndicate?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 pm

anyone interested - I wanted to link this up to the general forum because I know there are people who aren't interested in gambling/betting etc. (or visiting the Gamblers Den on this forum) but still like to do the lottery!

Probably best to just read this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=92271

Re: Forum Lottery Syndicate?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:48 pm

I replied :D :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 pm

if you actually won, the euromillions though.
whoever had the tickets would you not be worried they could just jet off too las vegas :lol:

Goneski

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:if you actually won, the euromillions though.
whoever had the tickets would you not be worried they could just jet off too las vegas :lol:

Goneski

No because you would hunt them down and smash there face flat with an iron.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:55 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Goneski

No because you would hunt them down and smash there face flat with an iron.

We are talking paying a £1 into a pay pal account ? (mine? - same as we did for the fantasy football prizes) putting your 6 numbers forward and sharing ALL winnings! I don't mind putting on all the tickets, and holding the money for both games. I've done it before now.

Carl's idea on the thread was a good one too :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Goneski

I think it's the bonus ball not lotto.

If it was a proper lotto syndicate a contract would need to be signed and be subject to inheritance tax.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Goneski

If it was a proper lotto syndicate a contract would need to be signed and be subject to inheritance tax.

I think if we did it we'd have to get a simple agreement signed by all syndicate members.

The only inheritance implication would be if we won, if the organiser dies within 7 years, and if you can't prove to HMRC that the syndicate was already in place.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 pm

I am up for this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Owain wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Goneski

I think if we did it we'd have to get a simple agreement signed by all syndicate members.

The only inheritance implication would be if we won, if the organiser dies within 7 years, and if you can't prove to HMRC that the syndicate was already in place.

All I remember was when I worked at a solicitors we had to sign an agreement that's acknowledges we would lose (at the time) 40% of any winning due to an inheritance tax. I questioned it but they assured me it was correct

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I provided the link in the OP so people would go there and chat about it! :lol:

Now we have 2 conversations going on! Lol

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Owain wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Goneski

All I remember was when I worked at a solicitors we had to sign an agreement that's acknowledges we would lose (at the time) 40% of any winning due to an inheritance tax. I questioned it but they assured me it was correct

They must have been trying to steal 40% of the winnings :lol:

I'll double check, but the reason winners could be liable for inheritance tax is because the winnings are paid to the 'syndicate manager' who then distributes the winnings. If the syndicate manager died within 7 years, and there was no syndicate agreement in place, the other members of the syndicate could end up having to pay inheritance tax on their 'gift'.
The chances of that are even more remote than winning the lottery, but as long as we have an agreement set up we should be fine.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:42 pm

It was about 5 years ago and sadly we didn't win anyway :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Im in :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/se ... sfeed=true

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Im in

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Please can anyone looking to enter either the Forums lottery syndicate or the Forums Bonus Ball challenge visit the gamblers den thread here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=92271 - and put your names down on the topic! thanks :ayatollah:

Myself and Owain are working on this and will make it as professionally drawn up as we can.

More details will follow soon.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm in Merlin. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: