Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hillsborough 1989 - Justice for the 96

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 pm

El Tel wrote:Just saw the pictures in Liverpool. There are thousands congregating and signing. Looks like it is going to be a very emotional night up there.

Meant to say singing there not signing.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 pm

How come the liverpool fans are not to blame aswell? did the police open the gates and force thousands of ticketless fans through?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Nedd every government that has been elected weather it be of the left or the right has been corrupt including this one. Dont think for one minute that if its left wing then they are clean. Far from it.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:12 pm

jinks-rct wrote:How come the liverpool fans are not to blame aswell? did the police open the gates and force thousands of ticketless fans through?

Think it's gone way beyond that here. The police messed up and then lied so as to put the blame onto the victims totally. They were helped in this deception at almost every level. Also over 40 people may have died just because ambulances stationed outside the ground were not permitted to help. It's just wrong at every level Jinks. Forget who the club are this could have happened to any team's fans. No one should die going to a football match due to the incompetence of the authorities and then have to spend 23 years getting the truth.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:32 pm

And the people who sanctioned all these get away scott free.

If you or I did this we would be locked up for negligence instead of sitting on a fat pension

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:32 pm

I do believe there was fault and blame all round. But what is unforgivable is the cover ups all on one side and firmly placed on the shoulders of the Fans. Heads should roll and charges bought no matter what their ages or or position.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I do believe there was fault and blame all round. But what is unforgivable is the cover ups all on one side and firmly placed on the shoulders of the Fans. Heads should roll and charges bought no matter what their ages or or position.

Totally agree

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I do believe there was fault and blame all round. But what is unforgivable is the cover ups all on one side and firmly placed on the shoulders of the Fans. Heads should roll and charges bought no matter what their ages or or position.

Most are probably retired now but that should be no barrier to justice. Remove their pensions and jail them. Sheffield Wednesday also have a case to answer as they covered up the fact that the ground was not fit for purpose.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Like most tragedies it takes a whole series of events to all line up. Take any one thing out of the sequence and it never happens. For me it all starts with the fences being there in the first place, a result of the 'glory years' of football hooliganism. Many football fans over the years have a part to play in this as the catalyst to the way fans became treated by the police and the game itself.

In terms of the way the event was handled and he subsequent cover up, I still can't find the words to describe it so for now will start with a shameful disgrace.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm

El Tel wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:How come the liverpool fans are not to blame aswell? did the police open the gates and force thousands of ticketless fans through?

Think it's gone way beyond that here. The police messed up and then lied so as to put the blame onto the victims totally. They were helped in this deception at almost every level. Also over 40 people may have died just because ambulances stationed outside the ground were not permitted to help. It's just wrong at every level Jinks. Forget who the club are this could have happened to any team's fans. No one should die going to a football match due to the incompetence of the authorities and then have to spend 23 years getting the truth.

Not saying anyone should die far from it that wasnt the point i was making.
In my opinion those ticketless fans who charged in were the cause.
If thousands had not tried to get in for free it woudnt have happened.
Why dont they hold their hands up and say we were partly to blame because they played a big part in that sad day at hillsbourogh

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
El Tel wrote:

Think it's gone way beyond that here. The police messed up and then lied so as to put the blame onto the victims totally. They It's just wrong at every level Jinks. Forget who the club are this could have happened to any team's fans. No one should die going to a football match due to the incompetence of the authorities and then ha.

Why dont they hold their hands up and say we were partly to blame because they played a big part in that sad day at hillsbourogh
They are both to blame. the LFC fans covered as much up but you are not allowed to say that.
Disgraceful what has come out today and I do have some sympathy for the familes afected and the City of Liverpool but cannot bring myself to pity the self pitiers.All this JFT96 and YNWA abbreviated bollicks gets on my nerves especially from plastics and kids who werent even born in 1989.
Ive seen a guy on facebook from Merthyr and in fairness hes an ST holder and travels europe but hes got a Adidas Munich pictur as his photo and a JFT96 status. Its that kind of double standards which makes me ate them and have no sympathy for LFC.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
El Tel wrote:

Think it's gone way beyond that here. The police messed up and then lied so as to put the blame onto the victims totally. They It's just wrong at every level Jinks. Forget who the club are this could have happened to any team's fans. No one should die going to a football match due to the incompetence of the authorities and then ha.

They are both to blame. the LFC fans covered as much up but you are not allowed to say that.
Disgraceful what has come out today and I do have some sympathy for the familes afected and the City of Liverpool but cannot bring myself to pity the self pitiers.All this JFT96 and YNWA abbreviated bollicks gets on my nerves especially from plastics and kids who werent even born in 1989.
Ive seen a guy on facebook from Merthyr and in fairness hes an ST holder and travels europe but hes got a Adidas Munich pictur as his photo and a JFT96 status. Its that kind of double standards which makes me ate them and have no sympathy for LFC.

And i'll never forget the tossers with jft96 t-shirts on asking city fans if they could go through wembley turnstyles with them on one ticket :twisted:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
El Tel wrote:

And i'll never forget the tossers with jft96 t-shirts on asking city fans if they could go through wembley turnstyles with them on one ticket :twisted:

:o :o :o You are joking. Did any one tell them whats hypocritical cunts they were being :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
El Tel wrote:

:o :o :o You are joking. Did any one tell them whats hypocritical cunts they were being :roll: :roll: :roll:

I personally told two to feck off i saw quite a few trying to do it though :(

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:19 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
El Tel wrote:

There were no ticketless fans, the Taylor Report proved this, the Leppings Lane Terraces were actually under capacity. David Duckenfield order the gates to be opened because of a crush outside the turnstiles this caused the fans to funnel into the central pens causing the crush, the pens either side of 3 and 4 were no where near capacity...your ignorance actually astounds me... have you not watched the news today? Just put BBC News channle on and educate yourself.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73320&p=691542&hilit=liverpool+fans#p689180 :twisted:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 pm

jinks-rct wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73320&p=691542&hilit=liverpool+fans#p689180 :twisted:

You're beyond help...f*cking idiot!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 am

How great Britain has been recently. This shame still hangs upon us.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 am

The level of idiocy in this thread is astounding. Some people should hang their heads in shame.

LFC fans are in no way responsible. The police opened one gate and didn't direct them into other pens. The stadium was not safe enough and not enough turnstiles for that number of fans. Rather than appropriately channelling the crowd into the pens with available space they let them into one pen where the crush gained momentum.

There were no ticketless fans. The reports have proven that. It was a lie to tarnish the reputation of LFC fans and make them look bad.

Pure incompetence and neglect caused the disaster.
Pure neglect stopped those who died having a chance of being helped
Pure callousness and evilness led to those covering it up

The LFC fans are in no way to blame. Anyone who thinks they are needs to learn all the facts first.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 am

RedBluebird wrote:The level of idiocy in this thread is astounding. Some people should hang their heads in shame.

LFC fans are in no way responsible. The police opened one gate and didn't direct them into other pens. The stadium was not safe enough and not enough turnstiles for that number of fans. Rather than appropriately channelling the crowd into the pens with available space they let them into one pen where the crush gained momentum.

There were no ticketless fans. The reports have proven that. It was a lie to tarnish the reputation of LFC fans and make them look bad.

The LFC fans are in no way to blame. Anyone who thinks they are needs to learn all the facts first.

Ok i havnt seen the stuff on tv lately and if the above is the truth then i appologise..

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:19 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
El Tel wrote:What an outcome today. Never expected the report to be so unequivocably damning of the police force, the coroner and everybody else who had anything to do with the enquiry that followed this great tragedy. The report shows in great detail what lengths the authorities were prepared to go to in order to cover up this great crime against the Liverpool supporters who were there on this black day.
160+ witness statements altered. The Coroner taking blood samples from the dead including children to ascertain whether they had been drinking so as to ruin their reputations. Criminal record checks undertaken on the dead with the same purpose in mind.
Can anybody ever remember a greater miscarriage of justice?

Which would never have come to light if it had not been for the persistance of the Liverpool people and their supporters. Good on them i say.

Sadly, though, they still haven't truly achieved anything. Not one prosecution, as far as I know and it was over 23 years ago. Shame on Britain.

Exactly. All these politicians basking in the glory of the olympics etc. But that is just a superficial gloss covering all the real injustices going on in this country. Everyone knew the truth but it has taken 23 years of those families suffering for the truth to be revealed. It's a national disgrace. How can anyone trust the police and the justice system again?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Nedd every government that has been elected weather it be of the left or the right has been corrupt including this one. Dont think for one minute that if its left wing then they are clean. Far from it.

I don't for one moment, Chief and I don't know why you thought I did, either.

I have to say, though, that some people on here are talking about left and right as if that's Labour and the Tories - I don't see them that way - I see them as both right wing and almost identical in their manifestos, but flying different flags.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 am

The properties of the top 3 pics are from a different source to the bottom pic :roll:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 pm

All 389 pages of the independant enquiry into the Hilsborough disater are now available online. It is a damning read for the authorities and totally clears the Liverpool fans of all blame. And to think they had to put up with 23 years of lies about what went on as well as grieving for loved ones they had lost.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm

RedBluebird wrote:The level of idiocy in this thread is astounding. Some people should hang their heads in shame.

You sound surprised.