Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hillsborough 1989 - Justice for the 96

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:50 pm

What an outcome today. Never expected the report to be so unequivocably damning of the police force, the coroner and everybody else who had anything to do with the enquiry that followed this great tragedy. The report shows in great detail what lengths the authorities were prepared to go to in order to cover up this great crime against the Liverpool supporters who were there on this black day.
160+ witness statements altered. The Coroner taking blood samples from the dead including children to ascertain whether they had been drinking so as to ruin their reputations. Criminal record checks undertaken on the dead with the same purpose in mind.
Can anybody ever remember a greater miscarriage of justice?

Which would never have come to light if it had not been for the persistance of the Liverpool people and their supporters. Good on them i say.

Re: Hillsborough 1989 - Justice for the 96

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 pm

El Tel wrote:What an outcome today. Never expected the report to be so unequivocably damning of the police force, the coroner and everybody else who had anything to do with the enquiry that followed this great tragedy. The report shows in great detail what lengths the authorities were prepared to go to in order to cover up this great crime against the Liverpool supporters who were there on this black day.
160+ witness statements altered. The Coroner taking blood samples from the dead including children to ascertain whether they had been drinking so as to ruin their reputations. Criminal record checks undertaken on the dead with the same purpose in mind.

Which would never have come to light if it had not been for the persistance of the Liverpool people and their supporters. Good on them i say.

Sadly, though, they still haven't truly achieved anything. Not one prosecution, as far as I know and it was over 23 years ago. Shame on Britain.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Hopefully this enquiry will open that avenue up. Heard the lawyers on the tv earlier saying all options are now open to them. Finally the corrupt officers in charge will pay with their loss of liberty.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 pm

El Tel wrote:Hopefully this enquiry will open that avenue up. Heard the lawyers on the tv earlier saying all options are now open to them. Finally the corrupt officers in charge will pay with their loss of liberty.

That's if they're still alive. Dreadful chapter in British history and we need to put it right, as best we can under the circumstances.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
El Tel wrote:Hopefully this enquiry will open that avenue up. Heard the lawyers on the tv earlier saying all options are now open to them. Finally the corrupt officers in charge will pay with their loss of liberty.

That's if they're still alive. Dreadful chapter in British history and we need to put it right, as best we can under the circumstances.

What does concern me is how determined and corrupt these people could be in keeping this away from the general public and hiding their own illegal actions. This would never have seen the light of day if it hadn't been for 23 years of perserverance by the people of Liverpool and their supporters. Consecutive Conservative and Labour governments refused a public enquiry. How many more things have been covered up by the police in other situations?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

What does concern me is how determined and corrupt these people could be in keeping this away from the general public and hiding their own illegal actions. This would never have seen the light of day if it hadn't been for 23 years of perserverance by the people of Liverpool and their supporters. Consecutive Conservative and Labour governments refused a public enquiry. How many more things have been covered up by the police in other situations?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:31 pm

El Tel wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Yep. Some people talk about Labour and Cons as if they are opposites, but the truth is, they aren't.

The state-controlled, right wing media help to contain various scandals and always try and perpetuate the myth that every government run by Johnny Foreigner is shit and that things could be a lot worse in this country. A truly free media would be promoting the fact that things could be a lot better and we could be prosecuting some criminals who don't wear trainers and trackie bottoms, but suits.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:33 pm

El Tel wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

23 years to come out what everybody knew. SYP are cunts and so are the government. And the sooner that fucker Thatcher pops her clogs the better. Strong I know, but having read two books on Hillsborough, the way they have been treated in Liverpool in nothing short of f*cking scandulous and embarrassing for GB

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:35 pm

El Tel wrote:What an outcome today. Never expected the report to be so unequivocably damning of the police force, the coroner and everybody else who had anything to do with the enquiry that followed this great tragedy. The report shows in great detail what lengths the authorities were prepared to go to in order to cover up this great crime against the Liverpool supporters who were there on this black day.

I've been reading details from the panels findings all afternoon it's hard to imagine the dedication these people have shown to do such a fantastic job of going through all these documents to get at the truth.

This will now run on for years as I see new inquests, maybe even 96, because it is now clear that 41 of the victims may have been saved. I'm also sure that criminal charges will follow and if the CPS doesn't have the stomach for it I'm sure the legal teams of the families will bring private prosecutions.

It goes beyond the police though as it is clear from the documents that SWFC did not have a safety certificate from the ground as they didn't believe the cost of carrying out remedial work was "Justified". This could well finish off that club because the compensation figure will be staggering. Also where the hell were Sheffield Council who were responsible for issuing the safety certificate, how on earth did they allow such a game to take place. The FA sold the tickets for this game and surely they had a responsibility to ensure that the ground was safe.

I remember when the safety at sports grounds act first came into place and Cardiff Council cut the capacity of Ninian Park from 50,000 to 10,000 with no night matches until an emergency generator was installed. Thanks to Bob Grogan and his company Kenton Utilities much of the remedial work was done.

Ther does appear to be a clear conspiracy by South Yorkshire Police to cover up the truth of what happened that day and surely that's where the more serious charges have to be answered.

I hope finally that those responsible for the cover up are held accountable and those responsible for the stadium safety are also brought to account.

Ultimately that's the only way justice will be served in my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
El Tel wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

23 years to come out what everybody knew. SYP are cunts and so are the government. And the sooner that fucker Thatcher pops her clogs the better. Strong I know, but having read two books on Hillsborough, the way they have been treated in Liverpool in nothing short of f*cking scandulous and embarrassing for GB

We should've all, collectively, as football fans around the country, demanded action at the time. We know that, on another day, it could've been us who suffered as a result of such a crime.

Even after Milk Snatcher dies, her legacy will live long - and it's not a good one, as anyone with eyesight and hearing will testify.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Great summary and i couldn't agree with you more.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Great post, castleblue.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Off a very close friend of mine from Liverpool

Finally an apology and 'exoneration' for the 96 plus the hundreds of survivors like me who have our names slandered for over 23 years. JFT96, YNWA

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm

I really fukin hate liverpool with a passion! There fans are whinging kunts. Always making out there the victims...but it was bad news what happened to them fans at Hillsborough so I hope they find the justice they've been searching for all these years. No person should go to a football match and end up dead. So weather it be the police fault or the fans fault! I hope the familys of the dead get there justice! As for the rest of the liverpool lot.... I couldn't give a fuk about! R.I.P the bradford 56!!!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:49 pm

bigboybazza wrote:Off a very close friend of mine from Liverpool

Finally an apology and 'exoneration' for the 96 plus the hundreds of survivors like me who have our names slandered for over 23 years. JFT96, YNWA

Hopefully, some of the guilty filth will now be prosecuted and some sort of justice can finally be realised.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I really fukin hate liverpool with a passion! There fans are whinging kunts. Always making out there the victims...but it was bad news what happened to them fans at Hillsborough so I hope they find the justice they've been searching for all these years. No person should go to a football match and end up dead. So weather it be the police fault or the fans fault! I hope the familys of the dead get there justice! As for the rest of the liverpool lot.... I couldn't give a fuk about! R.I.P the bradford 56!!!

When you take into account that 116 out of 164 police reports were altered, then the fact you hate Liverpool or not doesn't matter. Yes, there have been other disasters, like Bradford which was awful, too, but this case is different due to the cover-up.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I really fukin hate liverpool with a passion! There fans are whinging kunts. Always making out there the victims...but it was bad news what happened to them fans at Hillsborough so I hope they find the justice they've been searching for all these years. No person should go to a football match and end up dead. So weather it be the police fault or the fans fault! I hope the familys of the dead get there justice! As for the rest of the liverpool lot.... I couldn't give a fuk about! R.I.P the bradford 56!!!

I know where you are coming from but this is totally a case of incompetence on an enormous scale resulting in 96 people dying through doing nothing more than following their team. What then makes it worse is the bastards tried to cover it up by blaming the victims.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Justice for the 39

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Justice for the 39

Not appropriate, though, is it?!

Are you saying you back police corruption and the deaths of innocent people, some of them children?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Why people mentioning Bradford and Heysel??? Off the mark there.......

SYP FUCKED UP AT HILLSBOROUGH AND THEN ALTERED 116 CUNTING STATEMENTS TO BLAME THE FANS.......

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Are you saying you back police corruption and the deaths of innocent people, some of them children?
u

How does askng for Justice for the 39 back police corruption? And child deaths?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

When you take into account that 116 out of 164 police reports were altered, then the fact you hate Liverpool or not doesn't matter. Yes, there have been other disasters, like Bradford which was awful, too, but this case is different due to the cover-up.

You seem passionate about it!! Good for you! My sympathy goes out to the familys of the victims like it always will. Like I said I hope the familys of the victims get the justice they've been searching for and find piece of mind. As for the rest of the liverpool fans...especially the plastic ones, then I couldn't give a fuk about them or there fake grieving. They try to paint a picture of total innocence like they are the victims!! They aint the victims! The familys of the dead are victims! The rest of them are nothing to me. R.I.P the heysel 39

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

u

You're jumping in on this post with a totally inappropriate connection. Was there police corruption at Heysel? Not as far as I remember. Were there any prosecutions? I believe there were.

Take your childish Liverpool hating and shove it up your arse. Read the report.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

u

You're jumping in on this post with a totally inappropriate connection. Was there police corruption at Heysel? Not as far as I remember. Were there any prosecutions? I believe there were.

No. Im washing my hair.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

You seem passionate about it!! Good for you! My sympathy goes out to the familys of the victims like it always will. Like I said I hope the familys of the victims get the justice they've been searching for and find piece of mind. As for the rest of the liverpool fans...especially the plastic ones, then I couldn't give a fuk about them or there fake grieving. They try to paint a picture of total innocence like they are the victims!! They aint the victims! The familys of the dead are victims! The rest of them are nothing to me. R.I.P the heysel 39

I don't condone what happened at Heysel, but you have to appreciate that some of us realise that Hillsborough is about more than Liverpool and their fans and any other incidents involving them elsewhere. Bigger picture.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

u

No. Im washing my hair.

I'm going to pull it on Saturday, if I run into you!

:lol:

Plus, I'm jealous, because I'm a baldy.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

u

Well said. This is not about whether you love or hate Liverpool. This is about an injustice on a scale that has never been witnessed before.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:25 pm

El Tel wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

u

Well said. This is not about whether you love or hate Liverpool. This is about an injustice on a scale that has never been witnessed before.

Exactly. It still makes me angry after all these years and I wasn't directly affected by it.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
El Tel wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

u

Exactly. It still makes me angry after all these years and I wasn't directly affected by it.

Too True Nedd. All true ootball fans whatever their affinity Were affected that day.

Still remember watching it and crying like a baby.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Just saw the pictures in Liverpool. There are thousands congregating and signing. Looks like it is going to be a very emotional night up there.