Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Full Hillsborough Report

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 pm

You can read it here

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/report/

Re: Full Hillesborough Report

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:35 pm

I've just been watching some of the press conference ar y teledu.

116 out of 164 police statements were altered.

Maggie's Boot Boys (South Yorkshire Police), who battered the miners at Orgreave and other places, got away with some crimes at Hillsborough, too.

They must have loved the '80s - all that guilt-free violence and lots of overtime payments.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 pm

I just feel wrong reading about it all. It's a tragic event that affected thousands of lives. I don't feel I have a right to read it until those affected by it express their opinions. I'm not judging or condemning anyone that does choose to read it. It's in the public domain for a reason. I just don't feel good reading it yet.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Been watching it all day.

I have my own thoughts on how it was handled but will keep them to myself. The guy speaking on the panel now Phil Scraton wrote the best book on this subject "Hillesborough- The truth" amazing book.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Zabier wrote:I just feel wrong reading about it all. It's a tragic event that affected thousands of lives. I don't feel I have a right to read it until those affected by it express their opinions. I'm not judging or condemning anyone that does choose to read it. It's in the public domain for a reason. I just don't feel good reading it yet.

oh for gods sake. :roll:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Zabier wrote:I just feel wrong reading about it all. It's a tragic event that affected thousands of lives. I don't feel I have a right to read it until those affected by it express their opinions. I'm not judging or condemning anyone that does choose to read it. It's in the public domain for a reason. I just don't feel good reading it yet.

Do you read anything about 9/11?

Re: Full Hillsborough Report

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:45 pm

We all seem to be giving the South Yorkshire police a good kicking on here today and rightly so but the majority of us are Cardiff born and bred and we should be looking at police injustices closer to home. As Cardiff people we should be putting pressure on the government to put the police officers who bullied and intimidated, withheld evidence and ultimately framed three men for something they did not do during the Lynette White murder case. Hillsborough was a tragedy and an awful cover up but we have our own demons in our own police force to contend with.

:old:

Re: Full Hillsborough Report

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:We all seem to be giving the South Yorkshire police a good kicking on here today and rightly so but the majority of us are Cardiff born and bred and we should be looking at police injustices closer to home. As Cardiff people we should be putting pressure on the government to put the police officers who bullied and intimidated, withheld evidence and ultimately framed three men for something they did not do during the Lynette White murder case. Hillsborough was a tragedy and an awful cover up but we have our own demons in our own police force to contend with.

:old:

If you could step out of that fake ID, I would applaud that.