Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bring Back Verheijen!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

This topic will certainly divide opinion. I know Verheijen is a cock and, in the heat of the moment, he said some inappropriate things regarding Gary Speed's passing but he was the key to it all. There is no doubt that Speed played a key role in our good run but Verheijen is the man who was the real spark to the success.

Even with Armenia he's been doing wonders. I think he is the man to take us forward. He constantly states still that he has a special place in his heart for Wales and it was obvious at the time that he wanted so desperately to have the chance to finish what he and Gary started which is no doubt why he made a couple of controversial comments in the height of passion and desperation.

If Coleman was to go, which he won't but theoretically speaking, then I think there's only two men who could do the job that we could realistically attract. Brian Flynn and Raymond Verheijen. I still don't think we would qualify with Flynn but at least we'd be competitive. Verheijen is the man for me.

Re: Bring Back Verheijen!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28 pm

simple really, he should have got the job when Speed died, and the FAW fucked up

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Agree, but I just can't see them bringing raymond back.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:33 pm

What part of he's a fitness coach, not a football coach do people find so difficult to grasp?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:33 pm

What part of he's a fitness coach, not a football coach do people find so difficult to grasp?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:35 pm

NJ73 wrote:What part of he's a fitness coach, not a football coach do people find so difficult to grasp?

Its lucky somebody didnt say that to Nigel Adkins years ago when he went from physio to Premier League manager :roll:

If he was just a mere "fitness coach" as you put it why were all the players to a man touting him for the job?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

NJ73 wrote:What part of he's a fitness coach, not a football coach do people find so difficult to grasp?

wrong wrong wrong wrong......wrong wrong wrong wrong....ya wrong!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

didnt mourinho start out as a translator? :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Dutch Ray would never manage Wales if we sacked Coleman, he was treated unfairly by the FAW and it would cost us compensation, even though he's a good candidate for it.
I don't even think his comments were that bad, would Gary want to see a poor declining Wales no? Gary would want to see a successful Wales.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 pm

He was our assistant coahc, and now he's armenia's assistant coach....but you're right..he's just fitness

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Sadly I think the Dutch Ray horse has bolted.

In the extreme circumstances he should have been allowed to continue, maybe on a temporary basis, and see how it goes.

Sadly had every tom, dick and Welsh nobodies such as Iwan Roberts having an opinion against him when Ray had done more for Welsh football in his short time than these free loading spongers ever did in their careers. :evil:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Sadly I think the Dutch Ray horse has bolted.

In the extreme circumstances he should have been allowed to continue, maybe on a temporary basis, and see how it goes.

Sadly had every tom, dick and Welsh nobodies such as Iwan Roberts having an opinion against him when Ray had done more for Welsh football in his short time than these free loading spongers ever did in their careers. :evil:

I think it's because those "free loading spongers" feared Verheijen would get the job and they were all set on shitting on his name in order to keep themselves in with a chance. :(

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Its lucky somebody didnt say that to Nigel Adkins years ago when he went from physio to Premier League manager :roll:

If he was just a mere "fitness coach" as you put it why were all the players to a man touting him for the job?

He went from physio to Welsh League manager after over 300 professional appearences and worked his way up.

There's a world of difference between the two.

Mario Polotelli wrote:

He went from physio to Welsh League manager after over 300 professional appearences and worked his way up.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:42 pm

....Assistant coach.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

And how many proffesional appearances did the likes of Wenger, Mourinho, Rodgers accrue? Dont mean a thing.

Originally a fitness coach Dutch Ray has been to 2 world cups, and coached at Barcelona, Zenit, and Chelsea. :lol:

So yeah your probably right, world of difference between Ray and Nigel Adkins. Ray is more than qualified.
Last edited by Mario Polotelli on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

And how many proffesional appearances did the likes of Wenger, Mourinho, Rodgers accrue?

How many of them went straight into a top job, Never mind at International level?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:47 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

And how many proffesional appearances did the likes of Wenger, Mourinho, Rodgers accrue?

How many of them went straight into a top job, Never mind at International level?

hes not going straigh into a top job though is he? How the f*ck Wales is a top job :lol:

Hes been to 3 world cups and worked at Zenit, Barcelona and Chelsea. Various roles from fitness coach, coach, assistant manager.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

hes not going straigh into a top job though is he? How the f*ck Wales is a top job :lol:

Hes been to 3 world cups and worked at Zenit, Barcelona and Chelsea. Various roles from fitness coach, coach, assistant manager.

His title may have changed in different jobs but his stole has always been fitness and conditioning coach.

Good luck getting him to get the tactics and subs right.

Oh and Wales may not be a top job to you, but as a proud Welshman, it is to me.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

His title may have changed in different jobs but his stole has always been fitness and conditioning coach.

Good luck getting him to get the tactics and subs right.

Oh and Wales may not be a top job to you, but as a proud Welshman, it is to me.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:55 pm

:tool:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:55 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Never mind at international level? You say that like its a superior level of football :lol:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 pm

As such a "proud welshman" you must be totally embarrassed at the pigs ear two of your most coveted Jack sons are making of such a "top job" :roll:

But I wouldnt expect such a tool like you to condemn them when the whole football world outside of Swansea can see Ray would have been a much better option :roll:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Dutch Ray was the man to challenge this group, now we are just making up the numbers and having bets by how many we lose by.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Would love to see Dutch Ray return.

He can provide the players with confidence and, better yet, knows the plans of Gary Speed - a man who was taking Wales up.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm

If (or when) Chris Coleman gets sacked I think Ray's name will be mentioned for the job but I think the falling out with the FAW has put an end to that and they seam to have missed their chance when Speedo passed away.

If you forget politics, Dutch Ray is the man to take us forward, simple.

I don't think we've seen the end of him. I can see him and Bellers working together in the future.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:54 pm

We had Dutch Ray and Osian Roberts and Gary Speed, they all worked well together.

Now we have Coleman, Kit Symons as assistant coach with Osian Roberts and John Hartson as coaches

The difference is, Dutch ray has been a coach in 3 world cups and 3 euro championships, and worked with Barcelona, Chelsea and Man City. He brought so much experience and has worked with world class players and knew what was needed to get the best from our players.

Whats Kit Symons or John Hartson bringing to the set up?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Mourinho worked as a translator at barca. And he hasn't done bad for himself.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm

The best coaches........from experience, are the ones who can get into your head ! most coaches at the top end of football have all been on the same courses, have the same badges..........play the same systems.........sometimes its the man who can extract that extra 10% from players who stands out.Harry rednapp seemed to do it when he went to spurs......adkins is another........Brian clough was a master at it, taking washed up players like Larry Lloydd and getting another 5 seasons out of them.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:40 pm

I've said it over and over and over. Speed's backroom staff should've been kept together, not dismantled and replaced with f*cking Kit Symons (what kind of name is that?!) and John Hartson! :shock: