Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Gary Speed Effect

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:42 am

Have been wondering this morning just what effect Gary's tragic passing away and terrible circumstances have had on the players, young lads many of whom might never have had to deal with a bereavement never mind a close friend and mentors apparent suicide. Bellamy an older and more travelled senior player has gone public with the effect on him. I may be wide of the mark, but just going through all the scenarios excuses and reasons for not just last nights result, but the performances in general since Gary left us. From a confident, tight, workmanlike, both fluid and rigid group to a loose, clumsy and shell shocked looking bunch. Yes I think Coleman was the wrong choice, but I thought he got the tactics spot on against Belgium, and who else was available as a serious option at the time? The players have to be as accountable as the boss for last night as something went very very wrong in Serbia. The FAW needs a rebrand, now that's in fashion in Welsh Football. What a great job the inexperienced Gary Speed was doing.