Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Welsh supporters in Serbia

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:We aren't exactly a top team, we are low seeds expected not to qualify, so what right would anyone have to compensation? We were beat. We get beat most of the time. We will never really opcompete with most nations. We might have an Indian summer every once in 40 years but that's about it

I dont think that entirely true. Serbia arent that good a team and pretty much all the goals came from bad mistakes by Wales. They were good goals not going to deny but it was the manner in which we lost. The problem is the FAW dont look interested in improving our seedings

They don't have to be a good team, as we are a bad team. We can put out a decent 11 that can compete sometimes. But we need everyone fit and everyone in form for that.

And bad teams make mistakes. And mistakes were caused from lack of concentration and skill that we lack.

I think it was down to management. Those exact same players performed much better for Speed so why the sudden change

I agree the manager isn't good enough. But the players were in form for speed. Bale was in form of his life. Ramsey could pass a ball, and was playing at arsenal. We had our number 1 keeper. Bellers was playing. I even think collison played.

Indeed he hasnt had all the same players but I think Bale is playing even better now. And as for Ramsey well he just looks like has no confidence right now.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:I think it would be the right thing to do if the FAW make some sort of financial compensation for the die hard travelling supporters, it would probabaly only be a fraction of Colemans weekly wage anyway

Going all that way to watch that dire performance should be compensated

Cheers mate, sounds good to me :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm

paulh_85 wrote:disagree with this.

thats the way it goes,

they should, however, sack coleman

Shouldnt we be looking at the 11 players who let us and themselves down ?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:well obviously i didnt go. but if i did i wouldnt be demanding my money back :roll:

I didn't go but nearly did. If I had gone I would be demanding some compensation. I noticed some of my mates posed with our footballers after the game. If that was me I would have demanded a fee from them for having their pic taken with me. At least those supporters showed committment unlike those idiots on the pitch.

Ian, having just got back home, myself Fish and Lou were the last Welsh fans in the ground as we were staying in Novi Sad, the players came out of the changing room at the end and those that we called over to us for photos kept saying sorry to us for the performance and looked really down. Bad day at the office, too damned right it was, It's how we move on from here to the next match that matters.

At the end of the day we as fans made the choice to travel no one forced us. Years before, the trip was more important than the result now suddenly we expect and demand unrealistic results, why? because GS got a few results at the end of a campaign that got us nowhere?

The reaction at the end towards the players was IMO well over the top, no wonder players will back out of games, bloody hell if I went to work and had an off day and got that sort of abuse I would look for another job and say stuff you.

What do we expect from the team, to go on and win the WC, bloody hell no chance, get real. Qualify? in our dreams maybe, to give 100%, of course we wouldn't want anything less as supporters whether that be club or country, does that happen week in week out for every player, very rarely.

We all have our opinions of all our players club or country every match and they differ all the time, but vile and abusive comments aimed at individual players will not, and does not help them to have any confidence or belief in themselves or as a team. If those that have these strong opinions about the change of personnel on and off the pitch dislike the answers so much, remember no one forces you to attend or watch, it's your choice and your opinion, like mine it doesn't make it right or wrong.

I will continue to support my country and my team whatever the result or performance, will I be happy with the outcome each and every match? no without doubt, but I can only hope.

Again these are only my opinions

AndyFS

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:01 pm

imagine san mariono or faroe islands f**k me theyre fans would be rich if they give refunds after every heavy loss

we got to understand we are just not good enough and have probally only 1 world class player. it would be a nice gesture but they wont give welsh fans anything

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Great post Andy :thumbup:

You win some you lose some. Do we pay more money if we by more goals? No we dont.

Its a sad sign of the "compensation crazy" times we live in when punters are asking for refunds because their team lost ffs.

In saying that I might start a similair campaign with all my betting losses. If a horse, greyhound isnt up to scatch, or a striker misses an open goal that costs me a win, can I sue them / him. :old:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:09 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Financial compensation? Nah

A free ticket to the Scotland game as a
Gesture of goodwill, hell yeah

Yeah agree with that. The football was only a (very long) hour and half of our trip so we still had a blast.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:43 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Paying to watch shit that was dished up totally unacceptable

What the four quid or so for the ticket Baz?
I had a good time, I think. :lol: