Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh supporters in Serbia

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:55 am

I think it would be the right thing to do if the FAW make some sort of financial compensation for the die hard travelling supporters, it would probabaly only be a fraction of Colemans weekly wage anyway

Going all that way to watch that dire performance should be compensated

Re: Welsh supporters in Serbia

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

Agree with this ,The FAW have alienated enough fans as it is.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am

disagree with this.

thats the way it goes,

they should, however, sack coleman

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:48 am

paulh_85 wrote:disagree with this.

thats the way it goes,

they should, however, sack coleman

i guess you didnt go then??? :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:51 am

well obviously i didnt go. but if i did i wouldnt be demanding my money back :roll:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:I think it would be the right thing to do if the FAW make some sort of financial compensation for the die hard travelling supporters, it would probabaly only be a fraction of Colemans weekly wage anyway

Going all that way to watch that dire performance should be compensated

Going by what your saying do you think football clubs will offer refunds to fans if they dont do very well? :roll: :roll:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:19 am

Arsenal did after Man U beat them last year.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:26 am

paulh_85 wrote:well obviously i didnt go. but if i did i wouldnt be demanding my money back :roll:

I didn't go but nearly did. If I had gone I would be demanding some compensation. I noticed some of my mates posed with our footballers after the game. If that was me I would have demanded a fee from them for having their pic taken with me. At least those supporters showed committment unlike those idiots on the pitch.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:well obviously i didnt go. but if i did i wouldnt be demanding my money back :roll:

I didn't go but nearly did. If I had gone I would be demanding some compensation. I noticed some of my mates posed with our footballers after the game. If that was me I would have demanded a fee from them for having their pic taken with me. At least those supporters showed committment unlike those idiots on the pitch.

what a load of bollocks. what right do you have to get your money back?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am

Paying to watch shit that was dished up totally unacceptable

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

paying for somthing that is not fit for the purpose it was intended for......have a look at trading standards....simples.....and as for your obviously you didnt go......i didnt know did i,as many people including myself post using a mobile phone

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 am

It would be a nice gesture but this is the FAW... they are more tight fisted than Ken Bates! Good luck with trying to get compensation! I do have a load of sympathy for the fans that did make the effort to go. As a good will gesture some kind of compensation, even if not financial, should be offered to those that traveled out. Maybe the chance of meeting the players before the next game?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 am

krabb wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

paying for somthing that is not fit for the purpose it was intended for......have a look at trading standards....simples.....and as for your obviously you didnt go......i didnt know did i,as many people including myself post using a mobile phone

well you have said "simples" which wins any argument :roll:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am

They did not,or were forced to go.
Did swans fans or cardiff get money back when we were both shit.
Truth is we dont have enough decent players to get anywere.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 am

krabb wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

do trading standards have jurisdiction for sales taking place in Serbia?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

No right whatever. How've does that make it right, no it does not.

Wigan returned money to their travelling fans when they got stuff by the Spurs so why not to those that travelled last night?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 am

krabb wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

are you for real? not fit for purpose? pretty sure a football ticket isnt sold, as here is one ticked for the admission of serbia v wales, a guaranteed entertaining game, and a win.

no, its just a ticket for admission to the game, pretty sure the fans that bought it, gained just that. so it was perfectly fit for purpose.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

No right whatever. How've does that make it right, no it does not.

Wigan returned money to their travelling fans when they got stuff by the Spurs so why not to those that travelled last night?

it was a kind gesture by the club. doesnt mean it should happen every time a team loses away

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:33 pm

IT would be a nice gesture thats all,we all know people are not legally obliged to get their money back for a football match
people are venting their frustration and they are absolutely entitled to do so

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Financial compensation? Nah

A free ticket to the Scotland game as a
Gesture of goodwill, hell yeah

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:17 pm

I do not agree with refunds at all, the irony is that Welsh fans want Coleman out yet demand money back on their tickets. When will the fans realise the FAW do not have a pot to piss in and are very limited when it comes to hiring managers. If no welsh fans go to the next few games the FAW will take a financial hit as well seeing that Coleman is f*cking useless.

:old:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:32 pm

swansealad69 wrote:They did not,or were forced to go.
Did swans fans or cardiff get money back when we were both shit.
Truth is we dont have enough decent players to get anywere.

Got to agree, I walked out at half-time against Belgium because I could see the writing on the wall, never done that before in any match I have attended. :(

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:40 pm

We aren't exactly a top team, we are low seeds expected not to qualify, so what right would anyone have to compensation? We were beat. We get beat most of the time. We will never really opcompete with most nations. We might have an Indian summer every once in 40 years but that's about it

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:We aren't exactly a top team, we are low seeds expected not to qualify, so what right would anyone have to compensation? We were beat. We get beat most of the time. We will never really opcompete with most nations. We might have an Indian summer every once in 40 years but that's about it

Sadly your right

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:We aren't exactly a top team, we are low seeds expected not to qualify, so what right would anyone have to compensation? We were beat. We get beat most of the time. We will never really opcompete with most nations. We might have an Indian summer every once in 40 years but that's about it

I dont think that entirely true. Serbia arent that good a team and pretty much all the goals came from bad mistakes by Wales. They were good goals not going to deny but it was the manner in which we lost. The problem is the FAW dont look interested in improving our seedings

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:58 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

I dont think that entirely true. Serbia arent that good a team and pretty much all the goals came from bad mistakes by Wales. They were good goals not going to deny but it was the manner in which we lost. The problem is the FAW dont look interested in improving our seedings

As long as the suits get their trips abroad and stay in 5 star hotels, they won't give a flying. Who do they answer to? Themselves, as far as I know.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

As long as the suits get their trips abroad and stay in 5 star hotels, they won't give a flying. Who do they answer to? Themselves, as far as I know.

Well something needs to change massively. The welsh goverment should put pressure on them if it comes to it

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

They don't have to be a good team, as we are a bad team. We can put out a decent 11 that can compete sometimes. But we need everyone fit and everyone in form for that.

And bad teams make mistakes. And mistakes were caused from lack of concentration and skill that we lack.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

They don't have to be a good team, as we are a bad team. We can put out a decent 11 that can compete sometimes. But we need everyone fit and everyone in form for that.

And bad teams make mistakes. And mistakes were caused from lack of concentration and skill that we lack.

I think it was down to management. Those exact same players performed much better for Speed so why the sudden change

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:42 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

I think it was down to management. Those exact same players performed much better for Speed so why the sudden change

I agree the manager isn't good enough. But the players were in form for speed. Bale was in form of his life. Ramsey could pass a ball, and was playing at arsenal. We had our number 1 keeper. Bellers was playing. I even think collison played.