Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales/FAW and that clown Coleman

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Right I think a lot of us have similar opinions tonight, for me Coleman was never the right appointment, not a great manager and had too much expectation to live up to done well at fulham on a shoestring budget but like I say no expectation then, speed raised the bar and Coleman was never even close to jumping it, I appreciate that the FAW want a welsh manager and respect that decision because let's face it for our nation to qualify we'd need a miracle in most groups plus this has never worked for our annoying neighbours when they have gone foreign, for me if the FAW continue to stick to this Welshman only policy there at present is only one Welshman capable of adding something is national coach and
That is tony pulis! No one else in my opinion can do anything for us, he's te only man with the experience and know how to possibly and I say possibly change our fortunes on the pitch! Personally although I'd like a Welshman I don't see us bagging pulis so for me we have to go foreign and that's why they should have given Dutch ray the 3 friendlies to see if he could continue the work of the late Gary speed, if not then. They could have brought in someone else, like I said qualification chances ate slim anyways so prep time wouldn't have mattered anyways where as if ray could have re-produced Gary's formula then we'd possibly be sat here now with points on the board and optimistic instead of annoyed and pessimistic

Re: Wales/FAW and that clown Coleman

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:31 pm

The players believed and were starting to produce results under Speed's coaching team so they could have said carry on the good work and we will reassess if you don't get the results ?

Re: Wales/FAW and that clown Coleman

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:31 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Right I think a lot of us have similar opinions tonight, for me Coleman was never the right appointment, not a great manager and had too much expectation to live up to done well at fulham on a shoestring budget but like I say no expectation then, speed raised the bar and Coleman was never even close to jumping it, I appreciate that the FAW want a welsh manager and respect that decision because let's face it for our nation to qualify we'd need a miracle in most groups plus this has never worked for our annoying neighbours when they have gone foreign, for me if the FAW continue to stick to this Welshman only policy there at present is only one Welshman capable of adding something is national coach and
That is tony pulis! No one else in my opinion can do anything for us, he's te only man with the experience and know how to possibly and I say possibly change our fortunes on the pitch! Personally although I'd like a Welshman I don't see us bagging pulis so for me we have to go foreign and that's why they should have given Dutch ray the 3 friendlies to see if he could continue the work of the late Gary speed, if not then. They could have brought in someone else, like I said qualification chances ate slim anyways so prep time wouldn't have mattered anyways where as if ray could have re-produced Gary's formula then we'd possibly be sat here now with points on the board and optimistic instead of annoyed and pessimistic

I agree and think Dutch Ray seemed the obvious choice the fans and players wanted him. Now we have paid the price and the manner of the defeat tonight makes me wonder do the players respect Coleman and Hartson.